Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

4 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

I stand corrected. I've plucked the pertinent point of the article posted for you to peruse:

The case was dismissed in November 2017.

In other words, no need for paranoia. 

You’re incredibly stupid.

It was the latter case which was dismissed if you had taken the time to read the article correctly.

The latter case being the one referred to.

The article (once it stops jumping around all over the place due to pop-ups) starts off with case of murder in 2017. It then refers to another case when Alexa was going to play a part. Then it specifically states the murder case in January 2017 was dismissed from court in November of the same year.

Fucking plum.  

Edited by hercule poirot

47 minutes ago, tup1 said:

What is the point you are trying to make with this?

A court deems that a device capable of recording things in your house should be handed over and the data analysised in a criminal case against you is not new.
Home CCTV, Phone records, emails, bank records, all the way back to hand written letters being seized by the police & courts is nothing new.
The technology Police Scotland brought in now allows for encrypted devices to be opened rather than having to apply to international companies sometimes operating outside your country's legal systems to release the info. A recent case saw a mobile phone recovered from an arrested drug dealer to be unlocked which revealed the names and locations of his associates leading to further arrests.

Personally wouldnt touch an amazon echo, or any of the so called 'home assistants' slightly due to not wanting to given these companies another avenue to get my data, but mainly because I find voice activation technology to be extremely irritating and a further example as to how lazy the 'western' human race is becoming.

Anyway Coronovirus

I see there was a protest in Trafalgur square this afternoon which included speeches from old Jeremy's older brother and the previously mentioned Mr Icke

Edited by tom_widdows

7 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

What is the point you are trying to make with this?

A court deems that a device capable of recording things in your house should be handed over and the data analysised in a criminal case against you is not new.
Home CCTV, Phone records, emails, bank records, all the way back to hand written letters being seized by the police & courts is nothing new.
The technology Police Scotland brought in now allows for encrypted devices to be opened rather than having to apply to international companies sometimes operating outside your country's legal systems to release the info. A recent case saw a mobile phone recovered from an arrested drug dealer to be unlocked which revealed the names and locations of his associates leading to further arrests.

Personally wouldnt touch an amazon echo, or any of the so called 'home assistants' slightly due to not wanting to given these companies another avenue to get my data, but mainly because I find voice activation technology to be extremely irritating and a further example as to how lazy the 'western' human race is becoming.

Anyway Coronovirus

I see there was a protest in Trafalgur square this afternoon which included speeches from old Jeremy's older brother and the previously mentioned Mr Icke

Aye Mr Icke is having a rally, good on him.

The point I was making is that total surveillance is a reality whether folk are happy with it or not. Have you never listened to Edward Snowden? He worked in the NSA.

He had to leave the US because they wanted him imprisoned for life for revealing details of the surveillance.

Therefore the NSA wanted to keep it secret. The real weapon here is not the virus, it's the mobile phone.

I think Icke is right, this is a massive hoax, the true purpose of which is not yet clear.

The problem with the nothing to hide, nothing to fear argument is that it doesn't just ignore the central issue, it fails to see it.

Similarly, those who fail to appreciate the surveillance capability of Alexa and these other in-home devices, these are the people Hitler spoke about. Public incredulity obfuscates state possibilities.

14 minutes ago, tup1 said:

We are in a prison. We just can't see the walls.

Your prison has a messaging system, called Google.

Try putting the 'wrong' word into this messaging system. See how quickly the police arrive at your door.

This isn't China, yet. You are speaking from our future, unless we decide to change the course of the agenda.

But there is no we. Divided, we shall be conquered. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen then the mutants and the retards (themselves engineered to be stupid by the state) who go - shit, what happened?

I think we are following the Chinese model quite closely.

I believe both world wars were population thinners and in reality those in charge of each 'side' were actually working to the same agenda. Very controversial but I think true.

The British Legion was set up to perpetuate the lies told at the time.

4 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

Luddites fearful of the future! 

If it's that scary, smash up your computer devices and go and live in a cave. Unlikely as you enjoy spouting forth your opinion for the world to see. 

Slight contradiction considering you don't like big brother watching.

As someone said to me recently, there will come a day when we all throw the mobiles in the sea, as our only means of reclaiming the freedoms we once had.

Snowden says 'I don't care' is a coping mechanism.

I think you are balls deep in a river in Egypt Mr Poirot.

6 minutes ago, tup1 said:

As someone said to me recently, there will come a day when we all throw the mobiles in the sea, as our only means of reclaiming the freedoms we once had.

Snowden says 'I don't care' is a coping mechanism.

I think you are balls deep in a river in Egypt Mr Poirot.

I don't care is my coping mechanism, because I sincerely don't give a shite if google can tap in gmail or Apple to icloud mail

Question remains, if you're fearful of a personal profile of yourself being on file somewhere, why post on the internet giving your view on this, that and the next thing?

6 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

I don't care is my coping mechanism, because I sincerely don't give a shite if google can tap in gmail or Apple to icloud mail

Question remains, if you're fearful of a personal profile of yourself being on file somewhere, why post on the internet giving your view on this, that and the next thing?

You're not quite grasping the nettle here. The genie is already out of the bottle.

I'm to assume you would be happy with a Neuralink then. Why stop at posting history. Get your whole brain uploaded to the internet.

In your case it would take about ten seconds to upload.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

Resorting to type with abuse. Answer the question or shut up.

I don't think you can take exception to "abuse". Don't you see irony in this? We don't need to remind you of your abusive PM do we? We didn't forget your baiting posts to the two of us on here when you came over. Everyone witnessed them.

Now here's the thing; your abuse doesn't bother us, or at least it doesn't bother me (as I shouldn't speak for him but I know he will agree). So why are you getting upset with the currency (abuse) that YOU (and your two comrades) introduced to the forum?