Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - killie - cup

Surprised to see Campbell playing, but was our best player. Ojo half decent too and should definitely keep his place ahead of McGeouch who was pap the other night. The defence was fine. Mcginn okay. The rest pap. Kennedy's crossing was a joke. Little scooped chips into the area. Hasn't put in a single cross since joining. McLennan did better in his 6 seconds of ball time. Agree, the subs were pathetic. Anderson needs some proper minutes, it's ridiculous to expect him to do anything in the time he's being given. Cosgrove needed subbed for his own sake, he's having a terrible time of it. A double sub, ten minutes earlier than the main sub should have happened. Main wasn't completely gash. The conditions were awful and neither team played actual fitba. We'll win the replay on penalties.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably clutching at straws but is our Europa League explois catching up on us??  We did do a fair bit of travelling possibly more than we have been used to with trips to Lapland, Tbilisi, Rijeka.

Professional athletes living in the lap of luxury should suck it up

No excuse SeeBass

That was dire stuff. No attacking threat whatsoever. Had plenty of the ball but far to slow in moving the ball forward which allowed Kilmarnock to get back into their defensive positions and we were completely unable to break them down.  Agree with those who say Campbell was our best player. Substitutions were bizarre to say the least. Only positive is we are still in the cup and Kilmarnock are so bad that we will probably get through the replay. Just not sure I want to put myself through the abysmal shite we will play to do so.

Surprised to see Campbell playing, but was our best player. Ojo half decent too and should definitely keep his place ahead of McGeouch who was pap the other night. The defence was fine. Mcginn okay. The rest pap. Kennedy's crossing was a joke. Little scooped chips into the area. Hasn't put in a single cross since joining. McLennan did better in his 6 seconds of ball time. Agree, the subs were pathetic. Anderson needs some proper minutes, it's ridiculous to expect him to do anything in the time he's being given. Cosgrove needed subbed for his own sake, he's having a terrible time of it. A double sub, ten minutes earlier than the main sub should have happened. Main wasn't completely gash. The conditions were awful and neither team played actual fitba. We'll win the replay on penalties.

I agree with this, I don't think he's played particularly well at all in his short time here. I don't even think he's actually beat a Full Back and put a cross in, everything is done in front of the Full Back. He's been very uninspiring for me, having said that, he's came in at a bad time, confidence is low and he might feel too much pressure on him already, of course I won't be writing him off just yet, hope he comes good.

What I disagree with though, is the part about dropping McGeouch for Ojo, it should be Ferguson that gets replaced, keeping McGeouch & Ojo as the Central Pairing and dropping Ferguson completely out of the team. Play Anderson off of Cosgrove or Main, or even Kennedy Centrally and playing any one of McGinn/McLennan/Hedges as our two wide players.

I genuinely believe that this is the beginning of the end of Derek McInnes. Barring a disaster, I reckon he'll walk at the end of the Season, we will thank him for his efforts and hope and pray that Cormack is as ambitious as he says he is & carefully selects a new Management Team that will use our resources far better and get what is capable out of the current Players we have, because we have good Players at the Club, they're just being coached wrongly at this moment in time.

Probably clutching at straws but is our Europa League exploits catching up on us??  We did do a fair bit of travelling possibly more than we have been used to with trips to Lapland, Tbilisi, Rijeka.

Celtic and sevco have done a helluva lot more travelling all over Europe, and are continuing to do so for the time being...as well as playing more games in the League Cup. I accept their squads are bigger...but regular European football often plays a part in attracting players to our club. What is catching up with us is McInnes' tactics, which have been sussed by every other manager. To the extent that we may not even have to concern ourselves with European football next season, indeed even a top 6 place is by no means a certainty now.

Must admit I was slightly sceptical until yesterday, but there’s potentially a REALLY special player in Dean Campbell. That’s about the only positive I can take from the game.

Cosgrove needs to be dropped, and McLennan needs more than 90 seconds to prove his worth - Kennedy should have been subbed off for him or hedges with 20 minutes to go, not in injury time. No idea why we’re so reluctant to make changes when things aren’t working  :dunno:

Huge game. Obviously, the league is over ? so we’ll need to do something in the cup. Semi, final aren’t good enough, it needs to be a win. It’s also the only way I’d see Dm leaving. Hopefully the team are finding a bit of confidence again.

Out

Bed

Work

Work

2-1 dons, Ferguson and consi

Need to approach the game in same manner we did yesterday. McGinn has to continue in the central role behind the striker. Ojo’s injury looked like it might be one that will keep him out for a few weeks so would expect McGeouch to come in to replace him as would not expect us to risk Bryson on the plastic. Killie will sit in and try to hit us on the break so cannot see this being a goal fest.

In

Lift through

Away end

Lift back to capital.

2-0 McGinn and Kennedy