Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Saints - Dons - Sun

yes hedges did make a difference then shanked a belter , amateur stuff

That happens all the time. It's not a huge issue. The fact that he was given 18 minutes to change an entire team's approach to the game was the problem. With Anderson being hung out to dry with 8 minutes to be the hero or not feature for another 3 weeks. I don't understand what McInnes saw in the first 45 minutes that he thought would lead to a goal? What did he see in the next ten minutes, and the ten after that? Is he just simply too frightened to drop one of the three players he's got that are too similar in style? It's certainly a difficult decision, as neither is really much worse than the other, but it's having a hugely detrimental effect on the team.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the man has ran out of " Ideas "

He can play the victim to Cormack etc... claiming we need players, all he wants, but he won't change our " Style " and any man and their dog can see, after 2 games, that McGeouch, Ojo & Ferguson are not compatible in the midfield, they are far too similiar.

I just saw on Social Media there that we haven't scored from open play in 4 games now, we visit Ibrox next week, so I doubt that'll change. It's disgraceful and should not be happening. He's a boring cunt, a very stubborn cunt, we have the personell to be more adventurous and more of a threat, but he's adamant on this crazy long ball game, I have saw people defending him, saying he can't be coaching it, so answer me this then you fucking sycophantic enablers, why the fuck do we do it every game? Of course it's coached, fuck off.

We need, and have done for 18-24 months now, a new Manager.

Well my Gallagher for Kennedy substitution never happened. Bit if it had, he certainly couldn't have done any worse.

Ojo/McGeouch/Ferguson isn't working. Nor is it required against the dross of the league. But then again....we are rapidly becoming utter dross ourselves. Even Cosgrove is regressing. But the first change I would make? It won't happen because McInnes is far too weak a person to even contemplate doing it, but Lewis needs relieving of the captaincy asap. In games like these, we need a strong character to drive the team forwards, leading by example if necessary. A goalkeeper just cannot do that. (I also have a horrendous suspicion that Lewis might actually have it written into the contract extension he signed that he is club captain).

Sevco next week. I've already written that one off as nul points and fully expect both Livi and Hibs to be within striking distance of us (admittedly I haven't checked who they are playing)

Anyway lets hope Hearts can do everyone a favour and cause a sevconian meltdown on swallow swallow later. Only thing that might brighten my day now

That happens all the time. It's not a huge issue. The fact that he was given 18 minutes to change an entire team's approach to the game was the problem. With Anderson being hung out to dry with 8 minutes to be the hero or not feature for another 3 weeks. I don't understand what McInnes saw in the first 45 minutes that he thought would lead to a goal? What did he see in the next ten minutes, and the ten after that? Is he just simply too frightened to drop one of the three players he's got that are too similar in style? It's certainly a difficult decision, as neither is really much worse than the other, but it's having a hugely detrimental effect on the team.

Problem McInnes faces is that he’ll have promised Ojo last summer he’d be our main holding mid, and he was signed in big part because we didn’t get mcgeouch. The panic buy this winter now means he needs to drop Ojo. However, spineless mcinness will play both plus Ferguson and rotate who he subs out. Today it was mcgeouch, Ojo against Motherwell. He is less inclined to sub or drop Ferguson as he carries a goal threat.

Problem McInnes faces is that he’ll have promised Ojo last summer he’d be our main holding mid, and he was signed in big part because we didn’t get mcgeouch. The panic buy this winter now means he needs to drop Ojo. However, spineless mcinness will play both plus Ferguson and rotate who he subs out. Today it was mcgeouch, Ojo against Motherwell. He is less inclined to sub or drop Ferguson as he carries a goal threat.

He won't drop Ferguson full stop. Hedges /Gallagher/ McGinn or a fit wright  would be far better in that hole. Fergie carries very little threat. He's a ball winner and a decent passer on a good day. Not much more. It's time del realised this and chose 2 from the 3 defensive mids.

Personally I'd only have one and it'd be Ojo all day feeding 4 in front of him but that won't happen as we are too cautious.

Agreed. It's almost like he couldn't face missing out on mcgeouch and see him go elsewhere so he signed him. It's a dilemma for a club like Aberdeen because we're not used to having 3 players of similar standard in that position. Normally we'd have a Ball or Vyner type to provide cover in a few positions so they generally got 25-30 games a season anyway. Everyone was reasonably happy. McInnes has left himself short in other positions in order to strengthen an already reasonably strong area. He's going to have to tell a half decent midfielder that they're now cover whilst playing an arguably worse player in another role unless he picks up a good attacking midfielder this week.

Thing is, today's midfield would be entirely acceptable next week against the hun when we need possession and to be solid. Just not in 90% of other matches.

Agreed. It's almost like he couldn't face missing out on mcgeouch and see him go elsewhere so he signed him. It's a dilemma for a club like Aberdeen because we're not used to having 3 players of similar standard in that position. Normally we'd have a Ball or Vyner type to provide cover in a few positions so they generally got 25-30 games a season anyway. Everyone was reasonably happy. McInnes has left himself short in other positions in order to strengthen an already reasonably strong area. He's going to have to tell a half decent midfielder that they're now cover whilst playing an arguably worse player in another role unless he picks up a good attacking midfielder this week.

Thing is, today's midfield would be entirely acceptable next week against the hun when we need possession and to be solid. Just not in 90% of other matches.

No clue where Bryson fits in. Or has he been written off, an influential factor in the mcgeouch signing perhaps?

Well just when  thought it couldn't be as bad as my visit to the same ground last August, we manage to serve up an even bigger shitfest.

Truly fucking awful an that's me being kind.

Haven't heard his post match interview but could almost guess it word for word as it will be as predictable as the team's performances have become.

£23 I would have been as well just chucking down the street.

Someone please wake me up when it's all over or at least when it is February and I can have a drink.

Why did I bother with that. Knew how it would be bad but still went. Why did we have 3 holding midfielders against St fucking Mirren. Ojo should not play against any of the teams outside the top 2 as he offers zero in an attacking sense and slows the team down as soon as he is on the ball. Usually at least 5 touches more than needed. He was not worst player on the field either. I really fear what is going to happen next week.

Why did I bother with that. Knew how it would be bad but still went. Why did we have 3 holding midfielders against St fucking Mirren. Ojo should not play against any of the teams outside the top 2 as he offers zero in an attacking sense and slows the team down as soon as he is on the ball. Usually at least 5 touches more than needed. He was not worst player on the field either. I really fear what is going to happen next week.

Just saw the huns lost so they’ll be extra motivated not to fall further behind Celtic. I totally feel we have the personnel to get a result but the manager will royally fuck it up with tactics and team selection.

Can't say I was surprised at the score as we are so predictable.

Kennedy thrown in at the deepend and will struggle to fit into or style whatever that style is.

Was on getting tickets for the Killie cup game but struggling to spend £54 quid on the tickets with little chance of entertainment so held off.

The BBC mentioned the booing on their website so hoping he starts getting some critics in the media instead of them harking on about how things were a few seasons ago.

So have now read his post match comments and apparently he is upset about the "Derek get to fuck" chant at the final whistle

Actually surprised he heard then given he took off up the tunnel like a scalded cat.

Happy to take the praise for years, so suck it up Derek

Completely agree Al.  His transfer strategy has been appalling for 3 windows now and he has brought this on himself.  I didn't even bother to watch today, Goodwin is a more than competent manager and we must be so easy to nullify right now. With literally only 3 attackers the Helen defence must have been rubbing their hands  together before even warming up. 

Reading online that it was supposed to have been a handful of supporters giving the "Derek GTF" chant.

All I can say is that as one that was there someone must have mighty big hands.

Probably people writing about it who were not at the game, the type who don't go to games but always stick up for DM. Nobody paying to watch us the last few years could defend how bad we have become.

Probably people writing about it who were not at the game, the type who don't go to games but always stick up for DM. Nobody paying to watch us the last few years could defend how bad we have become.

At the same time, there are probably quite a few who have no wish to tell our most succesful manager in a long time to get to fuck either. That's the problem with fitba songs though, they're all or nothing. "Derek, don't play 3 fucking holding midfielders at once" doesn't really fit into a tune. "Derek, make a sub! Derek, Derek, make a sub!" would have been quite nice at around the 50-55th minute mark (or the 2nd minute mark given the obviously shite starting line up). He's bringing it on himself like, although - again - I'd question why the fuck he thinks that his job is safe enough to play three holding midfielders in an entertainment sport against a poorer opponent. What is happening above him that he is comfortable in that flawed decision? The knives didn't need to be out, there were very simple changes he could have made to prevent that.

At the same time, there are probably quite a few who have no wish to tell our most succesful manager in a long time to get to fuck either. That's the problem with fitba songs though, they're all or nothing. "Derek, don't play 3 fucking holding midfielders at once" doesn't really fit into a tune. "Derek, make a sub! Derek, Derek, make a sub!" would have been quite nice at around the 50-55th minute mark (or the 2nd minute mark given the obviously shite starting line up). He's bringing it on himself like, although - again - I'd question why the fuck he thinks that his job is safe enough to play three holding midfielders in an entertainment sport against a poorer opponent. What is happening above him that he is comfortable in that flawed decision? The knives didn't need to be out, there were very simple changes he could have made to prevent that.

He possibly feels untouchable due to having far too cosy a relationship with the ex Chairman. Its as though he has become bigger than the club and we the fans are not allowed to question team decisions which he makes.