Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Guest swaddon

Never mind, at least they can add the Lithuanian strictly come dancing title to their list of honours  :rofl2:

Yes, it'll look nice in the Tynecastle trophy cabinet next to their Tennent's Sixes trophies!

Guest Shabba Ranks

lollercaust.gif

Hearts fighting the drop - Frail

Stephen Frail admits that Hearts have been dragged into a fight against relegation from the Scottish Premier League after a 1-0 loss to St Mirren.

"I think we are in a relegation battle," said the assistant head coach. "If we think we are too good to go down then it will be even harder.  You hear it every year - 'we are too good to go down'.  If we are still in there in February, March - if you think we are nervous now then what will it be like then?"

Frail believes Hearts' coaching staff and players are letting down the supporters.

"Sometimes it comes down to players and I don't think they gave us enough," he said.

Frail described last week's defeat by Gretna as his worst moment in football but said: "This was probably the worst.

"That was totally unacceptable. The coaches are letting the players down and likewise. St Mirren wanted it more and we didn't put them under pressure."

Hearts sporting director Anatoly Korobochka had said in the match programme that changes would be made during the January transfer window if performances and results did not improve.

"You'll have to ask people higher than me whether the funds will be there," said assistant head coach Frail.  "If the funds are going to be there, we might have to get one or two out.  Player for player, we have as good a squad as any in this division.  No disrespect to St Mirren, we have better players, but what a team performance they put on.  If you have 11 guys all fighting in the same direction, you have a real chance."

Frail was not about to walk away from the job, despite Hearts dropping to third bottom, 10 points ahead of Gretna.

"It is too good club and too good a job," he said, pointing out that he had to think of his own family in any decision.

"We have a group of fans and a group of players that have to look to us and I will continue to try and go until something might give."

Shame we had to beat St Mirren today as it might have been nice to see them nose ahead of the CL champs -elect. Still, there is always next week.  :wave:

Check this quote from a Hearts forum:

I am going to tell you something, right here, right now, that I have not told you before.

At the end of last season, I had already decided that I would not be renewing my season ticket. This was all I could personally do to show my disgust at the manipuation and the way that the club was going (to the graveyard).

However, in the summer, I got a call on my mobile phone.

I missed the call, but the number displayed.

The number came from Hearts.

I rang it back.

After a short time, a female Hearts employee, who I shall not name, said to me, and she was actually (to her credit), quite emotional about it, that she had been 'ordered' to tell me that Hearts were not going to permit me to renew my season ticket, whether or not I wanted one. Given that I have supported this club for three decades, I asked why this was. She was hesistant in her answer, at first, but eventually, she admitted to me that I, and 'several other Hearts fans', had been too 'outspoken in our criticism of the Romanov Revolution', and therefore, we were not wanted anymore.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

I challenged this, and asked her, am I, as an individual, not permitted, in a society were we cherish free speach, to question, challenge, and criticise any aspect of the running of Hearts, should I feel that it is merited.

Her answer?

"Well, of course, however, this is what I have been asked to do, and I am deeply deeply sorry, for I know you, and I know all the work that you have done for this club in the past, and with the charity game, however, that is what I have been asked to tell you, and a group of others".

It then transpired that the platform where I had been most outspoken was that other Hearts 'fans' forum.

In other words, people behind that forum, or people posting on there alluding to be Hearts fans, had essentially gathered together the names of those that they considered to be the biggest threat to opening the can of worms (which will eventually open anyway), and put those names in front of VR's people, and, at a stroke, they decided that they did not want us anymore.

I have told you, yesterday, that I have evidence of wrongdoings that are going on within the club. I have some of that evidence, in physical form, saved, and stored. No one is interested in this evidence, and even were I to present it, they would want something else, and something else, and something else.

Hearts are no longer the club that I loved and supported.

They are something else, they may still be called Hearts, and play in maroon, however, that is were the similarity ends.

If you do not think those that run this club would do what I have just spoken of, then I only wish you were around when I spoke to Stephen Pressley, some of what he told me, well, that shocked even me.

Yet, when he was disgracefully jettisoned out of this club, for speaking out, what did the Hearts fans do?

They lied and orchestrated a smear campaign against him, so if they can do that to a captain who led this club with professionalism and pride, do you think for one moment that they would NOT apply that same disgusting policy to Hearts fans that are too outspoken?

Now, at any other club I know, the bulk of fans would be appalled to read of such things.

Not the Hearts fans.

They go the opposite way.

They do HIS dirty work for him.

They spread the lies about Burley, about Elvis, Robbo, shall I go on, and they spread the lies about the Hearts fans who are and were at the brunt of this.

This club are dead in my eyes.

I do not recognise the club.

I do not recognise who these Hearts fans are.

When my brother and family found out, and I showed them all of this, they had bought their season tickets, but have not used them this season.

Steve

excellent article, as always, by Ian Bell about the bottom 6 loyal:

http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.1932831.0.hearts_are_hurting_but_the_future_may_be_even_worse.php

Hearts are hurting, but the future may be even worse

Ian Bell

Comment | Read Comments (6)

THERE ARE two obvious paths by which to approach comment on the affairs of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. The first could be covered, loosely, by a weary question: where to begin? The second inquiry takes you along a darker, still unmapped by-way that might yet reveal portents significant beyond Gorgie.

Hearts fans ask this one with increasing frequency. You can hardly blame them. They are suffering in the worst way for the sake of a once-great club. No obvious solution presents itself. So they ask: where will it all end?

A lot of people, not just Jambos, would be interested in the answer. Once upon a time, in the good/bad old days, Hearts could flirt with relegation and ruin.

advertisement

They could be up or down, well run or calamitously run. They could celebrate charismatic figureheads, or damn the latest chancer (alleged). Such was life.

Good or bad, though, it made a kind of sense. Even horrible decisions seemed oddly rational. Through it all Hearts would remain, with Aberdeen, a mainstay of Scottish football. They would always matter. Perennially they would provide a guarantee that, now and then, the Old Firm would receive a fright. Today?

Today you can say two things about the Scottish game. The first is that there is scarcely a predictable result available to the honest punter. Celtic and Rangers are scattering points like confetti. Meanwhile, teams that acquit themselves honourably against the pair one week take fright against minnows the next.

Is the Motherwell bubble burst? Are Kilmarnock back or just backwards? Whatever happened to that Dundee United revival? Anyone prepared to take even a guess at the nature of the next Hibs performance? Does the word "form" have any relationship whatsoever to Aberdeen's hopes?

This is odd of itself, for reasons that need not detain us. The point is that the prevailing conditions ought to be ideal for Hearts. This should, by rights, be their moment. Instead, there is that second thing you can say with certainty: "Scotland's third club" will do well to finish the programme third from bottom.

People are asking if that large, well-rewarded squad is"too good to be relegated". Yes would be the answer, though "good" - since when? - has nothing to do with it. Gretna have provided the wild card to fill out the Tynecastle hand, and that's all. It's not much. The fact that relegation is even being discussed in terms of squad numbers and quality almost tells the story.

Vladimir Romanov, the quick-stepping owner, does not often step the light fantastic in Edinburgh these days. Perhaps he wearies of Scottish media conspiracies. Best put the interpreters on danger money, then, Vlad.

This banker is not even worth the rhyme. You cannot even shape a cruel joke by comparing all the forgotten talk of Hearts as a Champions League force with the club's present circumstances. You cannot begin to calculate the economic consequences of Romanov's ownership, use the word "debt" in any meaningful sense, discuss asset values in terms of players' contracts, or assess the notional market value of the club's fixtures and fittings.

Ask an accountant to take a look at that list, and stand well back. Even by the madcap standards of football, nothing at Tynecastle makes sense. We know that the owner cannot pick a team, or even a goalkeeper. We know that his chances of hiring a coach worthy of the club sank below the horizon long ago. What we don't know could keep conspiracy theorists in business until Elvis (the singing one) returns: what does Romanov want?

Hearts were never just this rich man's toy. He is not, as best we can tell, quite that rich, and the club is not that sort of toy. Things cannot be explained entirely, meanwhile, by an admittedly fascinating import-export business in playing talent from the Baltic lands. And club ownership deployed as a calling card with the Edinburgh banking establishment is no longer plausible, if it ever was.

Meanwhile debt, wherever it finds a final resting place, mounts. Alone among Scotland's top dozen, Hearts break all the rules of prudence and plain common sense. Romanov has contrived a situation whereby he renders the club impossible to sell and impossible to buy. So the new stand that once seemed a sound investment sinks into the maroon-hued ink.

And the team just get worse. Perhaps, by the time you read this, they will have redeemed themselves for that Christmas gift at home to St Mirren. Perhaps. Some of them ransacked the thesaurus after that game to find new words for "apology". A big help.

Yet from what I hear the defeat hurt less, for diehards, than the manner of the surrender. Hearts were always a fighting team. This lot, it is said, didn't care. Or even look as though they were trying to care. If they apologise from now until spring it might just be enough.

Is the proud Vlad content with that? Who will ever know? We can forget all the Strictly Come Losing jokes, however. Mr Romanov reminds us again the criteria by which ownership is assessed and allowed in British football are merely rhetorical. No one asks who, or why, or how. Money, from whatever source, talks a good game.

The hellish frustration for Hearts fans is that there is no obvious way out of this mess. Stephen Frail, "assistant manager", carries the can for the decisions of others while exhausting himself, and his reputation, by attempting to excuse the inexcusable. The team is never done "bonding", yet for the estimable Christophe Berra, receiving the captain's armband is like being handed the black spot.

Senior football in Scotland is too fragile, too precarious, for Hearts to fail. Nevertheless, week in and week out we are watching a calamity unfold. Some of it is utterly inexplicable; some of it is all to easy to explain. But the Scottish game, as a community, had best to begin to prepare its response for the day when Vlad the Tap Dancer takes his last bow.

Dundee Utd  4-1    Hearts     FT

Robson 23                Berra 37

Robson (pen) 70

Hunt 84

Robson (pen) 88

Bookings:                Bookings:

Robson 18                Velicka 23

Gomis 54                  Stewart 83

Pospisil 88

Sent off:

Zaliukas 70

Wallace 87

Stewart 90

Dundee Utd  4-1    Hearts     FT

Robson 23                Berra 37

Robson (pen) 70

Hunt 84

Robson (pen) 88

Bookings:                Bookings:

Robson 18                Velicka 23

Gomis 54                  Stewart 83

Pospisil 88

Sent off:

Zaliukas 70

Wallace 87

Stewart 90

The funniest part being Stewart being sent off for having an argument with Hearts fans in the stand and having to be pulled off the park by his fellow players  :rofl:

Words fail me.

What a job Frail has done as "manager"

Beaten 4-1

3 sendings off

and to top it all off that we ginger prick Stewart gets sent of for arguing with his own fans!!

Apparently he was fighting his own team for much of the match, and ended up having to get dragged away by Berra.

Highlights on the Full SPL at 10pm tonight

Get it watched

I would love it if they went down. I fuckin hate the yams. Got a bit of a soft-spot for the Hibees, but I cannae fuckin stand the yams. They're just the new huns. Infact they're WORSE than the huns in so many different ways.

If I didn't hate the original song, I'd love to sing "Hail Hail Stephen Frail"

Implosion.

As much as I like to laugh, thought the first sending off and penalty decision were a bit rough. Wilkie has the guy by the throat then forces him down by the neck and the guy swings an arm at fresh air. I mean WTF ?

But, very funny.  :rofl2:

Implosion.

As much as I like to laugh, thought the first sending off and penalty decision were a bit rough. Wilkie has the guy by the throat then forces him down by the neck and the guy swings an arm at fresh air. I mean WTF ?

But, very funny.  :rofl2:

In fairness exactly what I said also when I saw those two incidents Ajja