Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Big announcement from Pittodrie ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You commented on my wife. Someone I've been with for more than a third of a century. That ain't right. So fuck you and your faux offence. Learn some decency and integrity. Cunt.

Back in the day my Mrs was always getting it in the neck from donstalkers, Big Al especially.

A lot of people getting very excited about this, but in my opinion it won't make a significant difference on the footballing side.  Like every Aberdeen fan who can remember an era when we were able to be a much more ambitious club I'm bummed out by what we've turned into.  But at least 90% of the problem, and probably much more than that, is changes in the financial structure of the game that have relentlessly pushed us down the relative pecking order.  No chairman could have done much to prevent it.

I'm not an apologist for Milne.  I will never forgive him for the 11-1 voting decision, the only chance we've had in modern times to do something to at least make the domestic game more of a level playing field.  His record of managerial appointments has been poor: personally I'm happy with McInnes, who I think makes a much better fist of trying to make bricks without straw than his critics realise, but we've had an awful lot of dross prior to that.  But he has put significant amounts of his own money into the club (less than I thought he should have, but I don't remember the Donald's spending their own money on the club so let's give him some credit).  And the club has been stable during a period when probably a majority of our rivals have not been.

But unless the new people are going to pour in money they won't make a difference. Fans imagining that with a more forward thinking chairman we can make a real challenge are deluding themselves.  Cormack has already contributed a decent amount, but in terms of closing the gap with the gruesome twosome it's chickenfeed.

Fans and even the media talk about "investment" but no-one can "invest" to close that gap, because we just don't have the fan base.  If we spent even a quarter of what Celtic spend we'd have no chance of generating the income we need to cover our costs.  I think in our peak year under Fergie our gates topped 18,000, but generally we didn't draw much bigger crowds than we do now.  And we won't replicate the Fergie years on a quarter of Celtic's budget.  Realistically what we'd need to challenge is a mega rich owner willing to donate and write off colossal sums, tens of millions.  And that's a pipe dream.

Where it does potentially make a difference is the ground issue.  I wonder if the harder they've looked at funding Kingsford the less viable it looks.  After pretty much devoting most of his energies to making Kingsford happen I think it would be very difficult for Milne to say "I've changed my mind, it won't work".  Maybe easier to bow out gracefully and let somebody else say they see things differently.  I'd be very pleased if Cormack can find a way of making Pittodrie viable.

If Cormack and US investors are involved then we are moving to a new stadium. All the bells and whistles, with loads of opportunities. As someone who has lived in the US the yanks know how to do sport, not in a traditionalist form but in a business and entertainment way. While many wont like it, the AT&T stadium is a possibility (it won’t be AT&T but just an example) but some yank will give us millions to do that. Cormack will get the stadium funded but it will take the club in a more modern direction some won’t like. I, personally, don’t give a shit because it will bring the club into the 21st century and I totally see us getting more money for players. To invest in the club and the stadium will for sure mean more player money too. Cormack isn’t dumb, we’re not one of these middle of the road English club who can’t compete at the top, but we can compete with the Glasgow clubs - Cormack has seen that we’re not that far away on the field in recent years and with some new signings and a better coach why can’t we be up there?

No chairman could have done much to prevent it. I'm not an apologist for Milne.  I will never forgive him for the 11-1 voting decision, the only chance we've had in modern times to do something to at least make the domestic game more of a level playing field.  His record of managerial appointments has been poor:

Contradictory. If he had made good management appointments, rather than the several poor and shocking ones, it WOULD have made a difference.

personally I'm happy with McInnes, who I think makes a much better fist of trying to make bricks without straw than his critics realise, but we've had an awful lot of dross prior to that. 

Personally, I think you're wrong. I think he is yet another one who will never succeed in management at a higher level than AFC, despite what he thinks about his own ability. It's a fucking disgrace how much money Milne has, and is, throwing at him.

But he has put significant amounts of his own money into the club (less than I thought he should have, but I don't remember the Donald's spending their own money on the club so let's give him some credit). 

Lies. Absolute rubbish. On the contrary he MADE money out of us by charging +2 over base for the loans he (and Gilbert, who also abused AFC for personal gain) provided. There is not ONE PENNY of his own money having been ploughed into the club. Even the shares that he got, he paid considerably less than we all did, thanks to his raping Ian Donald up the arse.

And the club has been stable during a period when probably a majority of our rivals have not been.

Over £10m in debt for many years wasn't stable. It was only because we had a fixed asset worth more than the debts that we weren't foreclosed on. The banks, and SMG and AAM made a pretty packet out of our money, and all the consultants and other pigs snouting in the trough with feasibility studies and all the other shite.

The bigger issue is how we got into debt in the first place.

And like you, we don't give a fuck. So easy to wind up the retards though. He didn't even recognise that my "faux offence" pointed at him, where he hadn't taken any, was directed at myself.

Was it aye?  Well, looks like you sensei'd me again rocket, I bow to your mighty keyboard warrior skills. Not all hero's wear capes mate.

Back in the day my Mrs was always getting it in the neck from donstalkers, Big Al especially.

I can assure you CtS that during my visits to your Mrs whilst you were at the games, the neck was definitely not one of the parts of her body that she got it  :)

According to the Inverness reds FB page.

Boardroom changes will be announced tonight and press conference tomorrow morning.

Dave Cormack will become Chairman (but not buying Stewart Milne out).  Stewart will remain on the Board for an interim period.

New investment from Dave Cormack.

Kingsford Stadium will go ahead.

This all paves the way for Kingsford to be named the Stewart Milne Arena...

Atlanta United has done well identifying and recruiting talented players from South America. Aberdeen is strong in the United Kingdom and Eastern Europe

When was the last time we signed a player from Eastern Europe (Cerny disnae count)?

I'm not convinced by this like. Kingsford obviously being the main issue for me. On the plus side, we'll be able to get some more of their players to sit on our bench.

Total clear out, pa broon gone, Jack, Duncan and skinner as well.

We know you're not the brightest - and some of us think you're a thick fucking horrible cunt of a human - but try LEARNING for a change. Like you, I make mistakes too but when someone points mine out to me, I'm grateful for the external advice and more often than not, they're bang on.

This continuing to pontificate and offer supposed "facts" without links nor references comes from a deep dark place. Your insecurity is obvious to anyone with half a brain. Just as my misanthrope is equally patent. But love is good and hate is bad. You hating on yourself is tragic to witness. So try learning yourself, how you think, how you operate, how you express yourself. Then you would become less vile as you are.

Does anybody know the kind of sums they spend on players?

Is it possible that they could pick up these Eastern Europeans and loan them to us ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atlanta-united-fc/transfers/verein/51663

They also got record breaking attendances(46'000) recently,in a not normally soccer friendly part of the country.Play in a 73'000 capacity stadium

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/21/atlanta-united-mls-soccer-popularity-average-attendance