Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Revamped Art Gallery

It's not a competition (between galleries). Not that you're competent to stand in judgement.

Life is a competition, everything is a competition, but at no point did i say it was a competition, I simply stated that by comparison, an already pretty badly criticised V&A is looking even poorer.

As for me not being competent, I don't think you're competent to judge on that in all honesty.  :dunno:

Shrigley is wonderful. I love all his work and have introduced him to my family who also share my enthusiasm. Why do you ask, anti-art man with a horrendous set of values?

I find him quite amusing, I just thought that someone with your lack of humour wouldn't get it. Congrats  :thumbsup:

If my skull was found by primitive peoples they would probably be amazed by it.

like a gargoyle or a gardn gnome?

If they found yours they would be unimpressed and would probably not even pick it up or they might use it to keep things in (pebbles etc.)

Yeah like a primitive pretty vase or bowl, where they put their pretty things. That's me, a pretty thing for pretty things x

like a gargoyle or a gardn gnome?

Yeah like a primitive pretty vase or bowl, where they put their pretty things. That's me, a pretty thing for pretty things x

You just got cunted. Those were Shrigley's words. You didn't recognise them. Because you'd seen a postcard or a print by him and thought you were an expert. Like you are on abstract expressionism.

You just got cunted. Those were Shrigley's words. You didn't recognise them. Because you'd seen a postcard or a print by him and thought you were an expert. Like you are on abstract expressionism.

I was reading his book today, now it could be that the above quote was in that book, or it could not, but you'll see nothing above suggesting I was an expert on him, or abstract art. I simply asked what you thought of him, being as you are, the fucking know-it-all on art, was asimple and honest question, and abstract art is utter pish that takes gullible twats like you for large sums of money.

It is amusing that his quote referred to us though.  :thumbsup:

Since you're unable to distinguish between abstract art and abstract expressionism, what gives you the right to make big statements about its value? What makes you qualified?

Because you can do better and they're all taking the piss?

Then you offer up a purple piece of shit and say you feel the "anger"? And you don't even have the common decency to enter into any debate by neither revealing the "artist" nor offering any interpretation?

You think people who have paid over £100m for Rothko, Basquiat, Bacon and Freud etc. etc. are "gullible". So anyone who sees merit in it is "gullible" and you know best?

You're a fucking balloon, a disgusting one.

You miss the points because you're not capable of thinking with clarity.

Poisoned by your own prejudices and ignorance.

The documentary about Blue Note which has just started on BBC4, I'm going to abandon because it's not my thing. I can't stand Jazz either but when I was going through Greenwich Village six months ago, I was interested to see all the clubs where it first got popular.

Here's the difference; some of us who don't like a particular art form don't say to the world that it must be shite. We are able to understand that others do have enthusiasm for it, even if we can't get the vibe. Cunts like you don't tolerate differences. You denounce what you don't understand, unsurprisingly given your insecurity about your intellectual subnormality, evident to yourself since primary school and therefore your whole life.

You've got a really big painting in your living room that is basically a tin of spilled paint and a few sneezes haven't you? You paid fucking masses for it didn't you?  :rofl:

Wrong again. I have good stuff on my walls, accumulated over many decades, mostly prints that the frames cost more than, and a couple of paintings but not modern art, which costs way more than I could afford if it's good.

You're not interested in art. I am. That's ok. We are all different. I've been to most of the best galleries across the planet because I love it. The only reason you got dragged along is that your other half is going through a midlife crisis and wants to boast at her coffee mornings and pretend she's sophisticated.

Don't spout bollocks about a subject you know fuck all about. It makes you appear even more stupid. Surely that's a lesson we learn before we are 10, no?

• 3 weeks later...

I seen that banana duct tape thing on the news last night. I fail to understand what the "artist" is doing but even more ridiculous was that people paid money for it. That has got to be a piss take. The banana needs changed "every couple of days". The most absurd shite ever. It would give art a bad name but for the fact it cannot possibly be considered art.