Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St. Johnstone at home, 3pm Saturday Sept 14

I thought Cosgrove in the first half had been doing quite well,including some nifty footwork in tight situations,but he was poor second half(because we were pumping high balls more often?),and I would have subbed him early for Wilson,or even tried MacLennan through the middle as I didnt think McGinn was doing bad.

Wasnt enough threat from midfield though.Bryson,Ojo and Ferguson were too quiet,and our movement up front in general was a bit dull.

Pretty much agree with the majority of the comments thus far. We looked okay up until they equalised, which was a shocker from Lewis, can't really defend him.

Second game in a row where Cosgrove has been very poor, Ferguson was largely anonymous, only remember him for a late free kick that forced a save and then him wasting about a minute with more petulant nonsense trying to take the ball off a St Johnstone player in injury time.

The subs made very little impact, Wilson perhaps at least moving the ball forward but still not having enough time really, to influence the game.

Bryson, Ojo and Gallagher all potentially injured for a period now as well, might come to nothing or might be several weeks.

All in all, very poor result and performance against a team that are really struggling this season, Stevie May was fucking garbage and it feels good writing this knowing he's not our player now. I truly believe that we have became stale, unimaginative and far too predictable and we have a manager who is stubborn with his " Tactics " and it's holding us back. 

What happened at half time ?  Thought we looked fairly decent in 1st half & was expecting another goal or 2. :eek:

Lewis was very poor at their goal & the marking was non existant.

Can imagine Saints travelling down the road feeling a bit aggrieved tbh!

Why does D.M not manage to see the system we were playing wasnt working, was obvious with at least 30mns to go, when the changes should be made.

We should not be playing with 1 striker , get back to 442, bringing Wilson on for 10mns at the end, really ::)

McLennan looked absolutely honking when he came on, his decision making is atrocious i'm afraid.

Thought Ojo & Bryson did okay in 1st half & we lost our shape when they went off, Leigh did quite well  & if pushed was probably my m.o.t.m.

Eye bleeding stuff again though & is obviously driving fans away.

Fans losing faith in D.M's tactics (or lack of ).

What happened at half time ?  Thought we looked fairly decent in 1st half & was expecting another goal or 2. :eek:

Lewis was very poor at their goal & the marking was non existant.

Can imagine Saints travelling down the road feeling a bit aggrieved tbh!

Why does D.M not manage to see the system we were playing wasnt working, was obvious with at least 30mns to go, when the changes should be made.

We should not be playing with 1 striker , get back to 442, bringing Wilson on for 10mns at the end, really ::)

McLennan looked absolutely honking when he came on, his decision making is atrocious i'm afraid.

Thought Ojo & Bryson did okay in 1st half & we lost our shape when they went off, Leigh did quite well  & if pushed was probably my m.o.t.m.

Eye bleeding stuff again though & is obviously driving fans away.

Fans losing faith in D.M's tactics (or lack of ).

Probably his main flaw. He does certain things right, and he's got good pace, can hit the ball etc... but most of the time the boy does everything correctly then fails to move the ball on and ends up losing possession or giving himself too much to do and runs it out. The only plus here is that he's still learning and if he nips that in the bud now, he'll be a good player, ready made replacement for McGinn.

Watched the "highlights" yesterday and probably echo most of what has already been said.  Although i'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there were 6 or 7 outfield players behind the ball at their equaliser.  That was truly pathetic.  I actually thought it took a deflection which caused Lewis to miss judge it.  But regardless, it seems like he was slow to react.

Watched the "highlights" yesterday and probably echo most of what has already been said.  Although i'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there were 6 or 7 outfield players behind the ball at their equaliser.  That was truly pathetic.  I actually thought it took a deflection which caused Lewis to miss judge it.  But regardless, it seems like he was slow to react.

St Johnstone were very quick on the counter and caught us out a few times when we tried to push up and get the second goal. There was a couple of time Cosgrove was back in his own half trying to get the ball which really shouldn't be the case. Badly lacking a Shinnie in the middle of the park to spur us on and grab the game by the scruff of the neck, lacking a leader big time.

will he ? ryan fraser was exponentially better at that age, appears he is another runner with very limited technique

Indeed, but Brown trusted Fraser and he was one of the first names on the team sheet, McLennan will only get better by playing consistently & also learning from the likes of McGinn. The boy has plenty of ability, he just need to sort out his decision making, that's what is letting him down badly.

St Johnstone were very quick on the counter and caught us out a few times when we tried to push up and get the second goal. There was a couple of time Cosgrove was back in his own half trying to get the ball which really shouldn't be the case. Badly lacking a Shinnie in the middle of the park to spur us on and grab the game by the scruff of the neck, lacking a leader big time.

Badly lacking a Stephen Gleeson, sooner he's back and fully fit, the better.

:laughing:

Indeed, but Brown trusted Fraser and he was one of the first names on the team sheet, McLennan will only get better by playing consistently & also learning from the likes of McGinn. The boy has plenty of ability, he just need to sort out his decision making, that's what is letting him down badly.

CM was exceptional for his country last week. His late goals won the game. He has plenty self confidence. He just needs to be deployed in a formation that he understands and trusts. It's the same for every human being. People can't possibly perform well if the system they're being asked to operate in doesn't work.