Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St. Mirren away, Sunday Aug 11

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No blame on Main. Same type of game Cosgrove would have had. Terrible in midfield and little/no service. We seriously lack an attacking central midfielder with skill and control. Hedges brings some but he’s a wide player. Certainly hope Bryson is that guy but totally lacking in central leadership and creativity.

I know they are young but Wright and McLennan gave nothing.

I'm giving Main a bit of a free pass today as he got absolutely fuck all service. Cosgrove would have fared no better. No today's wrath is aimed firmly at the management. Surely to fuck now Wright will be binned forever.....best part of 2 years left on his contract but should be told that he will never figure again for us even as a sub. So find himself a new club...on loan if necessary..... or spend 2 years training with the kids.

McLennan.....out for a month injured, straight back into the starting line up. Was blowing out his arse by half time (anyone else think he looks fat??) but still got another 15 minutes to provide us with sweet FA.

I advocated Vyner for Logan as the defeat in Rijeka was purely down to his brainfart, however wasn't overly impressed with Vyner's debut......at times seemed to lack enthusiasm. Leigh looked great against Hearts but clumsy at best today and posted missing at their goal, indeed posted missing again late on when the St Mirren boy (Andreu?) put his header wide from 3 yards range.

Obviously conditions were less than perfect and the ball started sticking 2nd half meaning passes had to be struck firmly and doubtless didn't help. But the team we faced today I think are favourites for the drop. We should be swatting them aside comfortably.

On to Thursday night's salvage job. Play like we did today and they'll put 3 past us as they won't miss chances like St Mirren did after breaking up the park swiftly.

McInnes get your fucking finger out

Im going so it will end up 0-0 or a 1-0 defeat in the pissing rain

::)

Got my annual quota of watching Dons games in person over early this season. had a bad feeling when it was announced 3 players were making their debut for Saints.

Neil Mccan actually said the Dons dominated as if St Mirren were camped on their goal line with their Goalie getting a man of the season award.

Every single fucking 'attack' (if you can call it that) started with Considine, McKenna taking multiple passes across the back line before suffering nose bleeds when they got near halfway and passing it back.

St Mirren sat back, man marked and just waited for the misplaced pass or the slip.

The goal was a defensive fuck up and moments later they got clear again and there were 4 st mirren attacking players in the box against 2 defenders which foutunately resulted in a free kick.

McKenna had a great last ditch tackle (One rare moment of entertainment) but could and probably should have been 3-0 by halftime. St Mirren goalie had probably the easiest game he could have had in such conditions.

After the supposed handball not being awarded (Never saw it as on the other side of the stand from the incident) for me the players seemed resigned to losing and only a few minutes later 3 passes cut the dons open and how the fuck it wasnt 2-0 only the Saints striker will know.

The insult was bringing Wilson on just before the injury time went up on the board. Fuck all time for him to make an impact and as I see it showed McInnes had accepted defeat by the 80th minute and was either hoping a miracle would happen or couldn't even be bothered to play for a point at all costs.

Yes McGinn was unlucky but that would have been daylight robbery.

1-0 Flattered us.

Can't think of any pass marks. Joe Lewis needs to show a bit more impetus when he gets the ball, and stop trying to calm things and players down, get a fucking move on. Considine and McKenna must have made some sort of record for totally unnecessary passes between themselves? Lewis Ferguson needs to grow up a bit and stop giving away needless fucking fouls, I genuinely cannot see what people see in him, he looked okay in the first couple of games, I thought " This is what I wasn't seeing " but after Hearts, Rijeka & today, it's back to the player of last season, utterly overrated, be interesting to see how popular he is if he doesn't score a couple of important goals this season. Still waiting for someone to point out a single game in that he's stood out in?

Vyner didn't look like a RB, he looks like a CB all day long, Leigh was gash again, although he tried to get up as much as he could, he just looks unfit.

Hedges looks like he's been told to stop driving forward, what the fuck is that about? He looked dangerous when he drove forward previously. Ojo wasn't up to much, McLennan and Wright were pish and Curtis Main was as good as a man down, at least Cosgrove comes deep and involves himself, gets others up the park, Main just sulked about and looked like he's never played Football before.

That was a travesty today, their first win at home against us since 2011, no joke. And they should have won by more, 1-0 absolutely flattered us.

I am fucking apoplectic at that fucking shite. Completely inexcusable.

Not long back & still drying out :o  Got what we deserved today, yes we should have had a pen & a goal ? but St.Mirren missed 2 absolute sitters both free headers.

Thought our best performer was Considine. but really, it was poor throughout with Vyner having a shocker.

Couldnt understand D.M taking on Wilson with 4 mns remaining  :dunno:

Got to say Wright & McLennan not doing it for me, Scott Wright in particular disappointing.  Ojo & Hedges ddnt impress either.

Huge improvement needed Thursday.

Here’s  my take. Watched the game then went to work (coaching of all things) but still thought all day about the shite game I witnessed..

Wilson - fucking joke getting sent on when he did. Should have started, worst case on at half time for McLennan or Wright. Kick in the teeth that a teen recovering from injury plays ahead of him. Given we signed Wilson permanently I’m assuming there are no training or attitude issues, wtf happened here?

Main - never have rated him and can’t stand the style of battering ram football he tends to play. Didn’t want him signed. Can’t blame him about today though, that’s unfair. Zero service.

Wright and McLennan - yes young but so inconsistent. And that’s a compliment. The clock is ticking on Wright and not a McLennan fan. Dribble til you lose it and far too often miscontrols the ball. Painfully predictable too. These two can’t be in the same team as there’s a good chance they’ll be non existent and we’re playing with 9.

Ferguson - needs rotated/rested. Thought he was shit today and complained too much, a bit like a spoiled child. Needs to be rotated, fight for playing time, and be fresh enough to work his balls off whenever he plays.

We’re not a strong defensive team, we have 1 clean sheet in 7 games so far. Our strength is not to play defensively like we did in Europe the last two away games. Typical poor over thinking DM tactics. Much like our old firm games we sit in deep and defend until we lose a goal which happens most games. Rarely works. We have pace and skill as a front four if we are encouraged to attack and should defend in the opponents half much more often. I just don’t think we play any teams that are that good we have to park the bus.

DM killed our momentum with the shambolic Croatian tactics and today we should have been so hyped and fired up to play it’s a game we win in the tunnel. Yet we are slow and boring, uninterested, and got what we deserved. Manager fucked up the last two games now in my opinion. He prepared us for today and we were garbage. Today we should have pasted the relegation favorites. Don’t get how DM can get what he got out the players today. Totally unacceptable.

Credit to the management for the summer recruiting but the same shit tactics reappear and cost us. No knee jerk reaction, same shit different day/week. In my opinion, this Thursday you psyche them out in the tunnel and blow them away from kick off. But DM will shit it I suspect, sitting in not to lose an early goal.

Season is far from over but it’s the same old tactics and the same complaints. Not sure why we’d think things would be different.

That was a fairly poor performance. The better team won. I wasn't convinced by all the chat about having assembled the best squad in years. The first 11 looks pretty good when fit, but the squad players look a different prospect. I don't get the clamour for Wilson to be given a start yesterday, he was fucking atrocious against Hearts - the worst player on the pitch. I wasn't happy with him being re-signed based on one half decent game post-split last season. Those wages (and arguably added to those of Main), should have gone on a far better striker. Like Taylor in defence, it was very high risk to be buying guys like Wilson and Main to be your fringe players. With Cosgrove a doubt for Thursday we've got to rely on them now and they've shown in the past that their not that reliable. Main would have probably been fine on his own as a cheaper alternative to May, but Main and Wilson just doesn't cut it. As others have said, taking in one of Wright or McLennan would be fine (and an ideal way to bed in your young players) but to have them both starting was always going to end in them both being taken off. I understand that the trip to Croatia would have been tiring and so freshening the team up was a good move, but we simply don't have a good enough squad to expect to win away from home with 4 of our first team players not playing. The signings have been better this season, but risks have been taken on Main and Wilson (and Taylor) that just didn't need to happen. We'll wait and see over the next few games however, we're not the first and won't be the last team to struggle and be very flat after a European away so once we get papped out on Thursday it'll be onwards and upwards!