Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Europa League SECOND round

Disappointed in the performance but certainly not a bad result. I felt it was a game we could have won if tactics were set up to win. Nobody stood out to me other than Ojo, thought he looked very good in the middle of the park, strong, assured, and skilled.

Bit harsh and McKenna, who had an excellent game. We were okay in spells, kept it tight and got the away goal. Cosgrove did alright in the second half too, some good movement. Hedges did well out of position, McGinn quiet and Gallagher pap. Bryson lethargic as to be expected and Logan had a decent second half in spells too. It must be difficult to go and play in a hot environment and unsure of yer opposition, so fair play. I'd like to see us take the game to them in the second leg as we should be stronger than them. I'd give Bryson a rest and let Ferguson and Ojo do the business in midfield with Wilson or Wright in front. Considine showed that he's a significantly more qualified defender than Taylor, so if Leigh is anywhere near fit then get him in or find a left back fae anywhere else.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got to hear the radio commentary but the impression I got was Ojo had an absolute mare and Liam Mcleod even suggested Hibs fans would be smiling at his performance.

Mind you Liam McLeod's commentary seems to be getting worse by the season. The way he described the dons penalty award made it seem like he had seen something the referee hadn't and it would be something to bitch about if it ended 1-0. About 10seconds of discussion about whether or not it was a penalty before he finally confirmed it was given.

Really miss David Begg

Happy with a score draw. Didn't think we looked like scoring so will gladly take that penalty, despite how weak it was. Good finish from Cosgrove.  We need to fix the left back situation.  If Leigh is fucked, act now.  I'm ok with consi playing at CB, it's a position he enjoys and I don't want him to be made a scapegoat for LB. He deserves more than that.

Hopefully this team don't travel well and we get a result at Pittodrie.  At least it'll be busier than that ground was!

Gallacher looks like an athlete but your right hes not got great touch. Ojo looked good on the ball, I think he will do better in the midfield area as opposed to playing at the back. Cosgrove was totally isolated but I think he did alright. I think we would be better with someone like Wilson up front if we are looking to play on the counter, Cosgrove is quite slow to accelarate but he holds up the ball well and brings others into play. I think we could have had a go and got the result but I dont see us having any problems back at Pittodrie.

Just back from Hospital, wee fella broke his elbow, in getting an operation. Missed the entire game.

Judging by comments on here and Social Media, seems McInnes " Played for the draw " I quote that because I don't believe that is the intention, but the intention is certainly " Do not lose " if that makes sense.

Seeing we had zero threat going forward and looked dodgy at the back, with the Midfield being over ran, yet we come away with an away goal. Albeit it's taken another penalty, the general consensus appears to be, from various opinions, that goals are going to be hard to come by this season, that's a worry, of course, it's still pretty early in the Season to be making that assumption.

Hopefully finish the job at Pittodrie next week.

Another eye bleeding watch. RoPS are a far better side than this lot and we made them look better than they are for large periods of the game.

No word on the big Gash injury situation, we really need Leigh back for next week and hopefully we get another right sided defender in to bolster the squad before the Hearts match.

Can't say anyone really stood out performance wise.....McKenna, Logan and Hedges were all reasonably good. Strange how opinions differ on different sites....the Hat are absoluely blasting Ojo. I thought he was naive for their penalty but otherwise did ok. Cosgrove...was horrendous but thankfully he takes a good penalty. McGinn didn't look too interested and Gallagher.....hmmm maybe I was too quick in saying get him onboard permanent.

Should see them off fairly comfortably next Thursday, just hope we don't pick up any more injuries in training in the interim.

I agree, I thought RoPS were better than this lot and we gave this team far too much respect. Saying that, we created a boatload against the Fins and created little today, but due to the defensive tactics. Also thought Bryson was far from match fit so the run out probably helped in that regard. We should be fitter and sharper next week, a good home crowd, and hopefully a defender or two back fit. If we go at them could see us winning by a few at Pittodrie but that puts to question DMs bravery.

Firstly away goal and avoiding defeat were major positives on the evening. Georgians looked pretty poor and fully expect us to beat them at home. Going to go against grain in here and say not that impressed with Ojo and his challenge for their penalty was poor. However hopefully will get better with games. Bryson looked totally unfit so cannot judge him on today. As someone has said Gallagher looks like an athlete but not a footballer. Most alarming thing for me was that with McGinn having a poor game we created little. Looks like we will need to get in another creative player to provide chances if McGinn is off the boil

Firstly away goal and avoiding defeat were major positives on the evening. Georgians looked pretty poor and fully expect us to beat them at home. Going to go against grain in here and say not that impressed with Ojo and his challenge for their penalty was poor. However hopefully will get better with games. Bryson looked totally unfit so cannot judge him on today. As someone has said Gallagher looks like an athlete but not a footballer. Most alarming thing for me was that with McGinn having a poor game we created little. Looks like we will need to get in another creative player to provide chances if McGinn is off the boil

Aye, McGinn cannot be relied on for a season of creating like. I took positives from the fact that we had to dick about with the formation several times tonight but managed to grab a goal. The Georgians were definitely more organised at the back than the Finnish mob I'd say, but we nullified ourselves by covering for Bryson and having Hedges as a wing back. I think that's fine at this stage of the season.

Banana skin fixture in difficult conditions before the domestic campaign has even kicked off.  Good result all things considered imo. For all Taylor detractors we were on top till he went off.

Best way to look at it, 3 fit defenders, two guys making their debuts, and 5 guys played who weren’t even with us last year. And a young team. Fully expect a win next Thursday after another week of training, fitness, and development.

Ojo had a great game and is exactly what we've been missing. Seemed calm, can't think of a missed tackle or any miss-placed passes. Think the lads on RedTV suggested he had 100% pass completion and he looked to play it forward most of the time. The boy who was up in the air by the time Ojo touched him shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Gallagher didn't have a great game, and it seemed like the speed and acceleration we saw in the first two games had deserted him. Had the best chance of the game and instead of vollying it whith his right foot decided to let it bounce get it under control then cross it back into 5 of their players. 

Thought Hedges was pissed off at being hung out to dry at left back when he ploughed through them and nearly scored  :laughing:

Much like the first two games we just couldn't find the space to get decent shots away. We've an abundance of wide players but no one who seems willing to pull players wide to create the space in front of goal. Too many floated crosses, you'd think after about the 10th time one of them might try driving one in.

Defensively we looked panicky and they should have had a second when their (I think 10, the lad who should have been off) decided to cross the ball back towards our 5 players who had all gone to the ball. It was primary school stuff.

Fuck knows why Taylor decided to foul the boy, McKenna had him, and not only did he get a yellow he injured himself in the process. Fucking gype.

Ojo had a great game and is exactly what we've been missing. Seemed calm, can't think of a missed tackle or any miss-placed passes. Think the lads on RedTV suggested he had 100% pass completion and he looked to play it forward most of the time. The boy who was up in the air by the time Ojo touched him shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Gallagher didn't have a great game, and it seemed like the speed and acceleration we saw in the first two games had deserted him. Had the best chance of the game and instead of vollying it whith his right foot decided to let it bounce get it under control then cross it back into 5 of their players. 

Thought Hedges was pissed off at being hung out to dry at left back when he ploughed through them and nearly scored  :laughing:

Much like the first two games we just couldn't find the space to get decent shots away. We've an abundance of wide players but no one who seems willing to pull players wide to create the space in front of goal. Too many floated crosses, you'd think after about the 10th time one of them might try driving one in.

Defensively we looked panicky and they should have had a second when their (I think 10, the lad who should have been off) decided to cross the ball back towards our 5 players who had all gone to the ball. It was primary school stuff.

Fuck knows why Taylor decided to foul the boy, McKenna had him, and not only did he get a yellow he injured himself in the process. Fucking gype.

Other than the penalty he conceded and the booking he got? That was Shinnie-esque. So it looks like we've got our replacement! Might take a few bookings along the way but he's not worried about getting stuck in. I certainly felt his debut was encouraging.

I only got to hear the radio commentary but the impression I got was Ojo had an absolute mare and Liam Mcleod even suggested Hibs fans would be smiling at his performance.

Mind you Liam McLeod's commentary seems to be getting worse by the season. The way he described the dons penalty award made it seem like he had seen something the referee hadn't and it would be something to bitch about if it ended 1-0. About 10seconds of discussion about whether or not it was a penalty before he finally confirmed it was given.

Really miss David Begg

I actually ended up shouting at Ojo, I agree with Liam MacLeod, he was not good. The number of times he played passes short or to opposition players was ridiculous. He looked well off the pace. I don't think he's a bad player, just think his sharpness wasnt there at all. The thing is to someone watching wanting him to do well, they could be mistaken for thinking it's the players he's passing to that are at fault but in actual fact he was making work for his team mates that was not necessary! Hopefully a cooler Pittodrie next week and another weeks training under their belt, the whole team will be less jaded!

It was a tale of 2 penalties and a lot of huff and puff.

For me their penalty was debatable and the guy cleverly bought it. He also bought a couple of free kicks by throwing himself into a Dons player after he'd knocked it past them. One to watch in the 2nd leg.

Our penalty was as stonewall as they come I'd say. The defender raised his arm and stopped the ball getting past him.

The Georgians were not up to much and the Dons made heavy weather of the match.

I don't see them doing much in the second leg.

Pass marks from me only for Ojo, Cosgrove an Logan.

The rest need to step up to the plate and do more to impact matches.

The Georgians were not up to much and the Dons made heavy weather of the match.

I don't see them doing much in the second leg.

Interesting in that as far as I can tell, their record away from home in Europe reads pretty well

P 10, W 5, D 3, L 2

In those ten games they have scored eight and conceded eight and no more than two in any one game, keeping four clean sheets.