Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes & Docherty

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 year old Jason Knight ran the show and scored the goals that won 10 man Derby the 3 points last night, watched on by Wayne Rooney who of course got his senior debut at 16.

Dear McInnes and Docherty. What is it specifically that you don't like about youth? Is the fact that you are both thick cunts a handicap in that you don't have the width of personality to be able to inspire the young or are you bitter and resentful of their potential?

18 year old Jason Knight ran the show and scored the goals that won 10 man Derby the 3 points last night, watched on by Wayne Rooney who of course got his senior debut at 16.

Dear McInnes and Docherty. What is it specifically that you don't like about youth? Is the fact that you are both thick cunts a handicap in that you don't have the width of personality to be able to inspire the young or are you bitter and resentful of their potential?

Dean Campbell has made 19 appearance this season.

Connor McLennan 16

Bruce Anderson 8

Scott McKenna became a regular at the age of 20.

Sam Cosgrove's debut was at 21

It's a bit of a myth that he doesn't play young players. The only one I think could have featured more is Anderson. I wouldn't say there's any others in the youths who should be playing - unless there's a cracking right back that we're ignoring, is anyone an upgrade on what's ahead of them?

Dean Campbell has made 19 appearance this season.

Connor McLennan 16

Bruce Anderson 8

Scott McKenna became a regular at the age of 20.

Sam Cosgrove's debut was at 21

It's a bit of a myth that he doesn't play young players. The only one I think could have featured more is Anderson. I wouldn't say there's any others in the youths who should be playing - unless there's a cracking right back that we're ignoring, is anyone an upgrade on what's ahead of them?

A bit of a myth? Are we forgetting about his mismanagement of Maddison and Ross? Do we think Scott Wright was given a proper chance at the right time? Did we ever get to see what Harvie might have been made of? Was it right to not play the boy after he came on and equalised in the 93rd minute in the opening game of last season? Was Dean Campbell given a consistent run at it as a teenager? Do we agree McKenna only got a start at Fir Park because the CB's in the previous game there were so shite, and he took his chance and bust down the door, having not been considered good enough before? Lewis Ferguson has been the only successful young player and it is arguable that he only got his encouragement because he's a "Rangers man", like the manager is, according to our newly fucked off cunt of a chairman.

Anyway, what's the debate? That McInnes is fit for purpose? He's fucking shite and he has zero ability to inspire teenagers to express themselves and do what confident young men always do.

Ferguson wasn't home-grown. A good manager develops youth. Ferguson (SAF) was a master at developing youth. Even the guy at Hearts is going down the youth route and totally reversed the tide, against a shit AFC.

Every good manager sees merit in developing youth. McInnes isn't a good manager. But of course there are feeble minded ignorant cunts who cling on to hope that he might turn into a competent one. Our former chairman, a midget charlatan knew fuck all about fitba. He gave a big contract to another midget charlatan.

• 4 weeks later...

From the Motherwell game thread, this was a very good post, particularly in relation to club management and accountability, which is basic management really, the measurement of the effectiveness or otherwise of business functions including of personnel, especially those in positions of influence: -

I don't think McInnes is a bullshitter. In fact, I think he'd come across pretty well in an interview. He just makes mistakes as a manager. The problem is that Cormack is there just now and there appears to be no accountability on the footballing side. What mandate did McInnes have after the Dumbarton game to go out and play in such a negative fashion? Who was there, above him, to hold him accountable for that lack of entertainment? I don't see that such a person exists, Cormack included. Given the names at the time (Derek Adams etc.), I have no doubt that Cormack would have picked similarly to Milne. McInnes is knowledgeable, and really understands the management side of the game in terms of fitness, training, general coaching etc. He struggles with the tactical side, specifically erring toward caution in every instance. How does that come across at an interview? To me, without a structure above McInnes that holds him to account for performances, we'll fail with every appointment. I also believe that if McInnes was being held accountable that we wouldn't have gone into last night's game with three holding midfielders, he would have felt pressured to entertain as well as get a result. The point being, is that we saw a few years back that McInnes is completely capable of putting an entertaining team on the pitch. The season we were banging in 7 goals in a couple of games, 6 etc. We need to be able to force it out of him again. Or ditch him, obviously. But I think we need to bring in the culture of questioning and challenging the manager and setting goals and so on first. I'm not sure it exists currently.

However, whilst I agree that he makes mistakes (obviously) and also that he does come across as much more articulate than the average intellectual-retard in football management - and I agree with your earlier point about him being infinitely more intelligent than Calderwood, who dwelt at the very bottom of the barrel in this regard - what do we mean by "bullshitting"?

I think he IS a bullshitter because he bullshits himself. Specifially, he tries too hard to come across as coherent in interviews and to be media-friendly. He is more concerned with how he comes across more than how he performs. He's done a very good job in this regard in that the wos media give him a very easy ride, although there will be elements of them not wanting another strong AFC, the memories of the 80's sticking in their craw big time and so a McInnes-led Aberdeen will never be a threat to them, as they all know (and WE should have all known but for a cunt of a chairman who fucked us up the arse in many and various different ways).

He also bullshits himself also because he thinks - or at least he used to think - that he was bigger and better than AFC and that this was a stepping stone to a bigger and better position. This will be one of the reasons why he never committed to relocating his family to the NE, he never planned to be here that long.

As a "rangers man" - as our outgoing chairman described him during his exit interview with Richard Gordon - I'm sure that McInnes will be regretting not going to the club that he loves. And "rangers men" DO love their club and everything that goes with it *, the sectarianism, bigotry and prejudice being the foundations for differentiating themselves and not caring that "no-one likes us". It was an easy decision at the time not to go to Dave King's basket case when we had Milne throwing bigger money at him to stay but that was McInnes's last chance ever to go to a bigger club. Ironically, such as I'm sure McInnes is regretting it, every single hun knows that they dodged a bullet by NOT getting the midget charlatan cunt. But where Gerrard is a man and after one year of learning on the job, has turned them into genuine title challengers with strict discipline and excellent man-management, McInnes doesn't even have the same qualities in his locker, being pussy and political rather than 100% focused on results and determined to get them.

* You may have seen the pic this week of the question cards being made out at the "Rangers brunch", the one for Gerrard that asked "who was the better striker, Alfredo Morelos or Bobby Sands?" Even in "humour" they can't help themselves.

Edit: It's also totally obvious that he's not enjoying it at AFC. Not only is he remarkably unable to produce a smile, let alone a genuine one, the likes which we see from confident managers who ARE loving their jobs, he knows that there is a growing number of fans who he will never win back after seven years of evidence to reflect on. Apparently "fuck off" was his reactions to the boos last night. He hates us almost as much as I hate him, but not as much obviously as this is impossible but it's heading for a very sad and ugly end, all because he isn't actually any good at his job, unlike the unrealistic impression of himself he holds in that narcissistic bearded skull of his.

I wouldn't say we have ever been good team to watch under mcinnes but he has produced a couple of good sides the best being the 2016/17 season team or the 17/18 team (imo anyway) .  It was unfortunate that we were up against an abnormally good celtic team otherwise I would have fancied us for a trophy or two.

Since then though the fall in overall standard has gathered a fair bit of momentum and if it hadn't been for the emergence of Cosgrove last season we would likely have finished an AWFUL lot lower.  In short it's impossible not to feel like it's gone incredibly stale at Aberdeen. 

The most frustrating thing for me is that it's not like the board have been extra stingy during this period, they seem to have backed their man to the best of their ability.... And it's impossible not to conclude that it has been invested very poorly.  It's a fair point you make about oversight rocket. Why have the club allowed the manager to have such a, quite obviously, scattergun approach to transfer policy?

I've said it before and I will say it again about Christie and Maclean.  They have never been adequately replaced and having at least one player in the centre of the park that can take the ball under pressure and yet still find a way to move the ball forward is essential to Mcinnes's strategy.  I appreciate on the budget available it isn't necessarily easy to sign players like that but what is annoying me is we don't even seem to be trying to. Forester and gleeson were the only attempt but that was a year and half ago.

Should Mcinnes go?  It's becoming increasingly harder to make any kind of case for his defence if one were so minded even including the huge severance fee that would need to be paid. That fee is what will keep him from being binned at the moment though.  Come the end of the season  and if things haven't shown a real improvement then we will get a real indicator to the cut of Cormacks jib. 

Still seems to be a swell of who can we get that is better on social media... so come one ideas... My suggestion would be to go a bit beyond the usual lazy scottish appointments.. we need a leader of men a motivator.. I dont think Gerrard is a good 'coach' but those players will walk over broken glass for him.. thats the type of person we need in my opinion and have him backed up with good coaches.

Henrik Larsson

I agree about Gerrard....he's just a figurehead, it's McAllister who is the brains of the operation. But they also have a multitude of coaches underneath as well, not big names but each one more than competent. Of course sevco can't really afford this but they're gambling everything on preventing Celtic getting 10IAR....and it's going so well they might even manage to stop 9IAR.

We cannot afford to replicate the sevco model. We have tried looking outwith Scotland before. Porterfield did what many managers who come up here from England do and totally underestimated how good Scottish football is...hence signings like Tom Jones and Gary Hackett (Hibs found the same problem a lot more recently with Heckingarse). Skovdahl was a world renowned manager. What could possibly go wrong? Well as it happened nearly everything including a relegation prevented only by Falkirk not meeting SPL requirements.

Call me cynical but I'm at the point where if....or when....McInnes finally gets outta Dodge, it will be a fait accompli that his replacement will be Stephen Glass. So technically you will get your wish of us looking outwith Scotland.....

This guy: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51181591

Highly rated in Germany, had little chance to make an impact on Huddersfield who were already a lost cause when he took over. Sure we may be accused of copying Hearts hiring a German manager with a similar background but at least this guy doesn't go about everywhere with his tongue hanging out like a fucking labrador.

We need someone who will have a strategy on how he wants us to play, targeting players who have the specific attributes to play in his system. We had that at one point with McInnes but laziness seemed to kick in and now we're trying to play a system around the players he signs with the hope that something sticks.

Interesting Slim. I know nothing of the guy but he's obviously one for the future... for people who's job it is to monitor potential future employees like chairmen of football clubs, where succession planning is an ongoing process, or at least it should be, tracking the game at all levels.

I know nothing of Huddersfield either but having seen them get beat by Chelsea 5-0 on 2nd Feb last year - my first and last visit to "the Bridge", wankers - I've had a soft spot for them since and have been surprised how much they've struggled this year. They may well have had to ditch a lot of players in the summer after relegation but despite their thrashing that day, I was impressed with some very good technical footballers playing with great attitude. Even when they went behind early, they stuck to their game plan and the final score flattered the home team. That must have been one of the boy's very first games in charge but sacking him in the middle of August is nuts and may be an indication that the board at Huddersfield is as inept as so many others in football. That'a a decision that should've been made in May.

The highlight of that game for me (other than seeing Hudson-Odoi in the flesh) were the away fans. 3-0 down, they sang "this place is like a fucking library" and it was.

I agree about Gerrard....he's just a figurehead, it's McAllister who is the brains of the operation. But they also have a multitude of coaches underneath as well, not big names but each one more than competent. Of course sevco can't really afford this but they're gambling everything on preventing Celtic getting 10IAR....and it's going so well they might even manage to stop 9IAR.

We cannot afford to replicate the sevco model. We have tried looking outwith Scotland before. Porterfield did what many managers who come up here from England do and totally underestimated how good Scottish football is...hence signings like Tom Jones and Gary Hackett (Hibs found the same problem a lot more recently with Heckingarse). Skovdahl was a world renowned manager. What could possibly go wrong? Well as it happened nearly everything including a relegation prevented only by Falkirk not meeting SPL requirements.

Call me cynical but I'm at the point where if....or when....McInnes finally gets outta Dodge, it will be a fait accompli that his replacement will be Stephen Glass. So technically you will get your wish of us looking outwith Scotland.....

It's bad enough opposition fans believe this without Aberdeen fans believing the same.

How many times? Bottom of the table that season would have went into a three-team playoff with the sides finishing 2nd & 3rd in the first division. We knew for months that play-off wouldn't be taking place so the threat of a play-off, never mind relegation, was never there.

It's bad enough opposition fans believe this without Aberdeen fans believing the same.

How many times? Bottom of the table that season would have went into a three-team playoff with the sides finishing 2nd & 3rd in the first division. We knew for months that play-off wouldn't be taking place so the threat of a play-off, never mind relegation, was never there.

Ah ok, so his main point was wrong? That it didn't go tits up under Skovdahl, the man with a high reputation?

So desperate to side with the disastrous Milne, you're using pedantry this time to attack a poster who dared to attack AFC. Who the fuck are you? Endangered species indeed.

This guy: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51181591

Highly rated in Germany, had little chance to make an impact on Huddersfield who were already a lost cause when he took over. Sure we may be accused of copying Hearts hiring a German manager with a similar background but at least this guy doesn't go about everywhere with his tongue hanging out like a fucking labrador.

We need someone who will have a strategy on how he wants us to play, targeting players who have the specific attributes to play in his system. We had that at one point with McInnes but laziness seemed to kick in and now we're trying to play a system around the players he signs with the hope that something sticks.

Interesting choice, though he'd be the first Aberdeen manager in my lifetime that was younger than me and I'm still trying to deal with the fact the playing squad are younger than me.

But, he'd be interesting, different, and as you say he has a vision how he wants his teams to play.

Ah ok, so his main point was wrong? That it didn't go tits up under Skovdahl, the man with a high reputation?

So desperate to side with the disastrous Milne, you're using pedantry this time to attack a poster who dared to attack AFC. Who the fuck are you? Endangered species indeed.

?

You're bat shit crazy mate. But I love it.

?

You're bat shit crazy mate. But I love it.

You never thought it was possible to get found out by words on a forum. You thought you were smarter than that. You're a phony and you stink. Even if you were for real, and that's not possible, we just don't meet AFC fans in the real world who have such a consistently supportive view of Milne and McInnes.

Stephen Glass ? Other than the Afc connection am not wise to his merits

He's the coach of Atlanta 2, so the recent link-up, Cormack and him being an ex-player all appear to make it an obvious link.

Have no idea how good a coach he is but every time someone suggests a name I always ask the question "is he an upgrade on McInnes?".

He's the coach of Atlanta 2, so the recent link-up, Cormack and him being an ex-player all appear to make it an obvious link.

Have no idea how good a coach he is but every time someone suggests a name I always ask the question "is he an upgrade on McInnes?".

There you go again. It's not even the right question. The ONLY question is if the manager is fit for purpose? He's not. He's the last of a very long list of managers recruited by Milne, all of whom have failed. It's quite a remarkable 100% record actually, appointing that many incompetent people in the most important job and at least some of them had been competent before working for Milne.

It's not our job to recruit the manager. It's the chairman's.

I'm not seeing any obvious candidates out there,but assuming there are.

Before that, I would have a cheeky wee punt at trying to lure a top out of work manager whose already made his money,but may relish the prospect of taking an underdog to do battle with the incontinent forces of darkness....

...No harm in trying at least 

I'm well aware of that fact. But we still got off on a technicality. What I will concede is that once we knew we couldn't be relegated, Skovdahl (correctly) took the chance to throw in a few youngsters in the remaining games. Had he stuck to the tried and tested shite, we might have finished second bottom. But no matter what....for a club our size it was a massive riddy

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting comments from the wee man pre and post match this week.

Before the match he described the AFC supporters comments and opinions as "noise". Like we know fuck all and he knows best. There's been vocal criticism of him and he doesn't like it. I heard there was an altercation in the "red shed" on Saturday and some guys were thrown out, the dispute being opinions of the manager.

Post match, where we deservedly lost the second half v. a very shit opposition, he was buoyed enough to say "we will be third at the end of the season", a welcome and rare expression of confidence and courage from the midget cunt.

Of course Kris Boyd was consistent, saying that we should be careful what we wish for etc. etc. and lauding him "that's why he's on the big bucks" but his opinion doesn't count. He's another "Rangers man" who hates Aberdeen almost as much as I hate him and those stupid rounded collars and waistcoats he wears. It's in his interests to have a weak AFC and the cunt actually said last night that "the days of Aberdeen challenging Rangers and Celtic are over". It's understandable that that cretin thinks that. It's unacceptable that our manager feels this way too.