Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes & Docherty

ANyone who witnessed that car crash of a performance on Sunday has the right to be pissed off, seriously pissed off. I know for one I still am. I can take a defeat anytime, but the manner of Sundays performance was frightening. ANyone who says otherwise or tries to defend it must be taking the piss or are employed by the club.

I remember the really bad old days well, but what I saw on Sunday was as bad as anything we saw in the really bad years and this is under a manager that is supposed to be our messiah.

A lad I work with said today getting rid of McInnes is a bad idea because of what we had before him and with that I fear we have one person who is bigger than the club if that is the mindset of our support.

We have a manager who looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore and I am afraid that if some action is not taken soon we may find ourselves back in yearly relegation battles and celebrating a top 6 finish as an achievement.

Very good post. What happened before is irrelevant anyway. But make no mistake about it; we're heading back there fast. I was lucky that I wasn't at the 9-0 but I wasn't lucky enough to miss Sunday and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've never seen a poorer, more pathetic performance from us.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a few comments from someone that was there. Not a great deal of new info......season tickets (by about 1000) and DNA down on last season

most significant info.....McInnes got new contract on strength of a couple of senior players wanting assurances he would be there for the future prior to them extending contracts, One was obviously Lewis, debate about whether the other was Ferguson or Cosgrove

Stadium was mentioned as being 2022....Im presuming this means starts getting built but the loon never expanded just said "stadium 2022"

Bit more info from the Q + A

Cormack said that there is a height restriction imposed on the new stadium so the steepness (or lack of) of the stands is compromised. Stated that "safe standing" seating costs three times more than normal seating. Directly asked the attendees if they would prefer 20k all seated or smaller capacity (17-18k) with safe standing. Unanimous vote for smaller capacity with the safe standing. They've looked at Spurs ground and they like the idea of a supporters bar running the length of the north stand, access either by membership or extra payment on top of ticket price,

It's all gone awfully quiet in the DMC debate. Yes the team have had a couple of reasonable results and sit 4th behind the might of Motherwell. However we have also been spanked by both sides of the old firm and despite what he says, I don't think fergie would have made any difference and we bottled it twice tactically.

The question is, have we decided that finishing ( hopefully) 3rd and maybe a cup semi if we avoid the OF is our goal from here on in?

For me nothing has changed, the team/management still lack the belief that they can match the OF on the day and we will continue to see these maulings going forward. God knows I've seen enough at the hands of celtic over the last few years.

im not naive enough to think that we should win the league but I have no interest in watching us in cup games v the OF (I know now dead) turning up and hoping not to lose rather than setting up to have a go. It's a horrible pattern of events. We've all seen it, camped on the 18yd line as they run 70yds at us and then were 2 down before we start playing.

I think that the new facilities etc have come at a good time for him but surely if we take another 2 beatings in the next round of games, wins at Hamilton etc aren't going to cut it.

Just my view but i just find it hard to see why everyone is positive again when in my view the eternal issue with DMC has been brutally highlighted over the last couple of weeks.

It is what it is...

I felt this season should have been the natural parting of ways with us and McInnes but he has the new contract and so is pretty much bulletproof unless, as I keep saying, he leads us into a relegation dogfight or the fans become so disenchanted after a long losing (or at least winless) streak that has crowds plunging to levels where we are losing money.

I also absolutely get what his supporters counteract with......that be careful what you wish for as we might end up with someone worse. Both Edinburgh clubs' supporters must be thinking right now that whoever they get in can only improve things. From the position they are in, it's probably true. From the position we are in....yeah there is no guarantee that any new manager could maintain us in 3rd/4th position. And without a massive injection of funds to the playing side certainly couldn't get us any higher in the league. I'd like to have seen us taking a gamble on a new man to freshen things up....the board took a different view and I understand why even if I disagree with it.

What will never change is that I'll never ever want us to lose a game just to see a manager sacked

It's all gone awfully quiet in the DMC debate. Yes the team have had a couple of reasonable results and sit 4th behind the might of Motherwell. However we have also been spanked by both sides of the old firm and despite what he says, I don't think fergie would have made any difference and we bottled it twice tactically.

The question is, have we decided that finishing ( hopefully) 3rd and maybe a cup semi if we avoid the OF is our goal from here on in?

For me nothing has changed, the team/management still lack the belief that they can match the OF on the day and we will continue to see these maulings going forward. God knows I've seen enough at the hands of celtic over the last few years.

im not naive enough to think that we should win the league but I have no interest in watching us in cup games v the OF (I know now dead) turning up and hoping not to lose rather than setting up to have a go. It's a horrible pattern of events. We've all seen it, camped on the 18yd line as they run 70yds at us and then were 2 down before we start playing.

I think that the new facilities etc have come at a good time for him but surely if we take another 2 beatings in the next round of games, wins at Hamilton etc aren't going to cut it.

Just my view but i just find it hard to see why everyone is positive again when in my view the eternal issue with DMC has been brutally highlighted over the last couple of weeks.

Im not sure anyone is suddenly oversinging McInnes praises again.I thought we were ok v Killie,without firing on all cylinders.Killie were poor.

Agree v the Old firm,if were going to get beat 4 and 5 nil,why not a different approach.Though I'm not sure he knows how to be any different.Any high scoring sides we have had seem to have been more about the mindset of a group of players at that time,rather than tactical nous

But this was always going to happen. We had one change things, and we didn't. The hun now have 2 AFCs to pick from, and it was completely predictable. We're witnessing 1995 - 2014 over again. We're living through the worst ever period in Scottish football, and AFC have sat on and watched and supported it. The hun are now two seasons in to a massive spending spree. This isn't just one season in the making, they've spent £10M+ for a few years now, with the tims more than matching. We're basically playing in an alternative league once again.

Everyone is playing exactly the same way against the scum, and most are taking a shoeing. They've both handed pretty much every team a tanking with only the occasional disruption, which always happens in a 38 game season. As for AFC specifically, we've depleted the quality of our squad for 3 seasons now and we simply cannot afford to go into a game against either team with a single player first team missing in order to be in with a chance because we're way behind in terms of ability (before getting into motivation, tactics etc).

I actually don't care that much, it is what it is. I don't really give a fuck about our games v the Tims, and the Huns games are heading that way too. I don't want us propping up their bought and paid for helicopter Sunday wankfest, giving it legitmacy that it doesn't deserve by turning out in spades for the opportunity to one day beat them. Fuck them.

Well said Rico.

We are in the situation that our Chairman and a few others always wanted and they will be happy to see us spanked by the OF on a regular basis with the return of Helicopter Sundays being one that will see Milne and Co crack one off in the boardroom with exitement.

If we can beat most team below us, which we will most weeks, bar the usual blips and stay comfortable in the top 6 and get Euro qualifiers most years then McInnes has a job for life, another trophy win will get him the keys to the City.

I want to see McInnes gone, but really what for as we won't replace him with anyone with the balls to have a real go at the OF and break their dominance, it will just be more of the same at best or another few years trawling the bottom of the league.

The whole set up of our game is a mess.

Well said Rico.

We are in the situation that our Chairman and a few others always wanted and they will be happy to see us spanked by the OF on a regular basis with the return of Helicopter Sundays being one that will see Milne and Co crack one off in the boardroom with exitement.

If we can beat most team below us, which we will most weeks, bar the usual blips and stay comfortable in the top 6 and get Euro qualifiers most years then McInnes has a job for life, another trophy win will get him the keys to the City.

I want to see McInnes gone, but really what for as we won't replace him with anyone with the balls to have a real go at the OF and break their dominance, it will just be more of the same at best or another few years trawling the bottom of the league.

The whole set up of our game is a mess.

Pretty much summarises how I feel.  My thoughts are now moving to that we need a foreign manager.  One that doesn't have any inferiority or historical respect for the two cheeks. Finding a Scot to do that is nigh on impossible, from the UK, I don't think they'd have the balls.

It all kinda makes you feel hopeless because this is exactly what we knew would happen and our chairman was complicit on the outcome.

Personally I don't think Milne is happy to see or wants us spanked by the old firm. I think he's a fan who wants the team to do well but his ambition differs to many of us. Success to him is business success with the hope of the team doing well, but financially secure, assets etc. is a must to him. I think he's happy with top 6 and the occasional cup final as he has seen us much worse, but I don't really see him as wanting us to get belted and wanting old firm success.

Greater risk leads to greater reward. Milne took risks and nearly put us out of business. He won't go there again hence the acceptance of mediocrity on the pitch.

I've heard talk (absolutely nothing substantiated so don't take anything as gospel) that Milne is pretty close to being ready to walk away, selling pretty much all of his shareholding. Cormack will take over as chairman and a few of the present board will be leaving (booted??) as well. To be replaced by Americans. And once the new stadium is up there will be genuine investment in the team to try to break the dominance currently held by Celtic (sevco ana but they've won hee haw as yet)

Make of it what you will

I've heard talk (absolutely nothing substantiated so don't take anything as gospel) that Milne is pretty close to being ready to walk away, selling pretty much all of his shareholding. Cormack will take over as chairman and a few of the present board will be leaving (booted??) as well. To be replaced by Americans. And once the new stadium is up there will be genuine investment in the team to try to break the dominance currently held by Celtic (sevco ana but they've won hee haw as yet)

Make of it what you will

I've heard Milne has wanted out for years, but no acceptable offer has been made.

I'm not so sure on Cormack, something doesn't quite sit well with me about him. I would love to see how we are ever going to compete with the cheeks under the set up we currently have in Scotland with everything geared towards supporting a stong and stable Rangers and Celtic, with their financial clout being in far in excess of ours and Celtic being even further in front of everyone.

Youth is the future for us and it hasn't really worked out on that front under DM in his near 7 year tenure. OK he has signed Ferguson and Cosgrove who I think would be worth decent money (for us) if we were to sell, but nobody else has set the world on fire on the youth front which and it will be harder to find young talent in future due to the way the big clubs around the world have scounts everywhere looking for exactly the same thing.

Maybe Cormack and any potential investors will change the whole attitude of the club for the better and demand more from our managers and not see finishing third as KPI for whoever is in charge of the team at that time.

I've heard Milne has wanted out for years, but no acceptable offer has been made.

I'm not so sure on Cormack, something doesn't quite sit well with me about him. I would love to see how we are ever going to compete with the cheeks under the set up we currently have in Scotland with everything geared towards supporting a stong and stable Rangers and Celtic, with their financial clout being in far in excess of ours and Celtic being even further in front of everyone.

Youth is the future for us and it hasn't really worked out on that front under DM in his near 7 year tenure. OK he has signed Ferguson and Cosgrove who I think would be worth decent money (for us) if we were to sell, but nobody else has set the world on fire on the youth front which and it will be harder to find young talent in future due to the way the big clubs around the world have scounts everywhere looking for exactly the same thing.

Maybe Cormack and any potential investors will change the whole attitude of the club for the better and demand more from our managers and not see finishing third as KPI for whoever is in charge of the team at that time.

According to "dons together" Cormack's vision seems to be some sort of second tier European type thing. I think we'll see significant changes in the world of fitba over the next 5-10 years to create some sort of European class system for fitba. I think he's expecting (based on nothing, just my reading having never spoken to him or heard him speak in person) a european league that we'd play more games in, with a reduced Scottish league. It's a guess like, based on reading between the lines on the club's strategy document. It would avoid having to address the situation of the scum, plus do exactly the same to the teams below us that the scum have done to us by creating an ever-expanding wealth gap.

According to "dons together" Cormack's vision seems to be some sort of second tier European type thing. I think we'll see significant changes in the world of fitba over the next 5-10 years to create some sort of European class system for fitba. I think he's expecting (based on nothing, just my reading having never spoken to him or heard him speak in person) a european league that we'd play more games in, with a reduced Scottish league. It's a guess like, based on reading between the lines on the club's strategy document. It would avoid having to address the situation of the scum, plus do exactly the same to the teams below us that the scum have done to us by creating an ever-expanding wealth gap.

So really football is going the same way as society itself, in developing class sytems to aspire too, with those at the top not wanting to give way to those under them.

If Cormack is going to take in American investors that will come at a price and our game will change in ways that will be almost unrecognisable to what we currently know, some of which will be good and some will be alien to most of us.

I suppose we will just have to see what happens, but I do reckon if Cormack comes in above Milne it could spell the end of DM.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-targeted-stoke-city-20827889

Mmmm, I wonder  ???

Probably shit as in The Retard and no directly attributable quotes whatsoever.

Their main target is Michael O'Neill. I suspect the quoted odds for McInnes of 28/1 is a more accurate reflection of his chances than what the Retard are making out.

That said......I hope Stoke miss out on all their targets and DM lands it by default. Getting him out the door and getting paid compo on top would be a gargantuan Brucie bonus

Someone on Wiki is jumping the gun and already has Stoke recorded as one of his teams managed.

Teams managed

2007–2011 St Johnstone

2011–2013 Bristol City

2013–2019 Aberdeen

2019–         Stoke City

Ok own up lads.

Who was it  :)