Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McInnes & Docherty

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Rose tinted spectacles coming to mind here with regards to some points in history.

My memories of Willie being in charge are of the club being doomed to a spell in the first division.  Aitken pulled off a houdini act by winning four of the last five games just to make the play off.  If WM had been left in charge we were down. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the DT fezbook comments are anything to go by, there seem to be a lot of deluded fans out there still.

Same on Twitter. I was debating with some happy clapping Derek McInnes brown-nosers last night. I referred to Hearts as "the worst Hearts team in two decades". I was quickly reminded that they were in the Championship not so long ago which is correct, aye, but I'd fucking bet that they're every bit as bad right now if not worse.

"All of Scottish football is shite, not just us"

"We're still 3rd. Why do our fans have such a sense of entitlement?"

"Not the worst Hearts team in two decades"

"Why should we expect to win every game?"

Fucking second worse Hearts team in two decades then.  ::)

Doesn't wash for me. The technical side of our game is one thing but it's separate to the very real recent issue of mental weakness, being beaten before we take to the park and giving undeserving sides far too much respect (Rijeka, for example). We very rarely turn up in the big games. I've said it a million times. I don't expect to win every game but I do expect the team to play with heart and to have a proper fucking go. That hasn't happened very often recently and it's the manager's fault. It certainly appears that Rocket was on to something when he said that McInnes appears to not want to be here. Then fuck off eh.

I have had many a dispute with the deluded cunts that think McInnes can do no wrong. One of them had an excellent argument " I have got more to worry about than the Dons, at least we beat the Huns 3 times last season "  :-\

Fuck off you odious wee wanker.

This is partially part of the problem as well, the odd result over the last 2 seasons has well and truly papered over alarming cracks, but some people are literally too thick to be able to think for themselves, Social media has well and truly opened my eyes to that.

The other one from the other night, and this got the old blood boiling was when someone posted the generic McInnes Oot tweet, this cretin wrote " Aye, because McInnes missed the Penalties didn't he " I mean come on to fuck, how stupid or completely oblivious can people be.

If you're on this Forum and think that it was you that tweeted those comments I have quoted above, then fuck you, cunts.

There are a lot of Dons fans who don't go to games, who think by beating Rangers and finishing third in the league is as good as it gets. They also think that by getting rid of McInnes we will automatically be relegation fodder once again.

When you actually go and watch us play it can be a fairly tedious 90 minutes and often caused by the fact we set out not to get beat, rather than win, which really pisses me off. I understand "It's a result based business" but you have to entertain the folk who do turn up to watch them, it really grates when we defend against lesser teams and have everyone back at corners.

I still reckon the underlying reason is he doesn't really want to be here and I think the rot set in during Rangers bid for him at the end of 2017 and now he is just going through the motions, which is probably great for his bank balance but not so good on our eyes.

I have had many a dispute with the deluded cunts that think McInnes can do no wrong. One of them had an excellent argument " I have got more to worry about than the Dons, at least we beat the Huns 3 times last season "  :-\

Fuck off you odious wee wanker.

This is partially part of the problem as well, the odd result over the last 2 seasons has well and truly papered over alarming cracks, but some people are literally too thick to be able to think for themselves, Social media has well and truly opened my eyes to that.

The other one from the other night, and this got the old blood boiling was when someone posted the generic McInnes Oot tweet, this cretin wrote " Aye, because McInnes missed the Penalties didn't he " I mean come on to fuck, how stupid or completely oblivious can people be.

If you're on this Forum and think that it was you that tweeted those comments I have quoted above, then fuck you, cunts.

No but McInnes has the players so mentally fragile that they fucked it badly. Although to be fair there were Hearts fans waving scarves at them behind the goal.  ::) I hoped the days of that sort of thing were done after a wayward pie thrown by Dundee United fans at Tynecastle left Clangers completely unable to play against Dundee United ever again.

The relationship is over. We’re clinging on to past memories but we’re done. The sooner we break up the better as the rot is clearing setting in. Has been for over 2 years.

We’ve also missed the boat on getting solid money for McKenna I think. If we’re shit when he returns, which I expect, his errors and such will be highlighted, and there will be more of them.

Sad to see on the park when we appear to be getting our shit together off the park.

He might not be enjoying it but rightly or wrongly I feel he genuinely wants to be part of the new training facilities + stadium.

Who gives a fuck what he wants? And why would anyone care about being here when we open a new tin shed? His job is to get a team to produce on the park. He can't do it. He was never of the right winner mentality to achieve that and the arrogant weegie shithouse thought he would use us as a stepping stone to some other poor cunt paying him bigger wages to eventually work out what we should have seen all along. He's been found out. He's finished. Get rid of the cunt now.

• 2 weeks later...

There's always tears

There's always gonna be tears

There's always gonna be

Sha sha sha, sha sha sha

Sha sha sha, sha sha sha

Under the lamplight's faded career

Two men at a rickshaw pumping up a tyre

Tire and tire and tire and tire

Tire and tire and tire and tire

Some of you who know the excellent Fontaines DC will recognise these lyrics.

It's going to end in tears for McInnes and Docherty. Personally I think they've stopped pumping and after seven years have tired of pretending.

I imagine there is a lot of people who are on the fence at this point. I'm not in favor of sacking him yet. But I would concede that we do need to improve. I can see that DM has flaws but I am not convinced that another manager could necessarily come in and do a better job.

My thinking is that we are in the middle of a re-building job. There has been a few reasonable quality additions over the summer but they will need time to gel together and the current injury situation is not helping. I hope that when/if Bryson gets up and running his experiance in the middle of the park will help some of the younger players develop.

Like I say I concede we need to do better as we have been going downhill for a while now and we need to arrest that. If there is no sign of improvement before the end of the season I think that would be the time to think about getting rid of McInnes.

• 2 weeks later...

Would guess the majority of the support still back him. Those that want him out are just far more vocal about it.

Given the semi final and the final v. the OF within the last 12 months, those who rate him are the more vocal. I couldn't believe you lot all singing for McInnes. Not only are you blind to human nature and ignorant of football, you give licence to Milne.

The damage they're doing to AFC is severe and may already be fatal. Who the fuck would want to come here now? You got the club you deserved, one that may never recover. Milne was the catastrophe but your being unable to see what he was doing was the bigger crime. His patent agenda was invisible to most of you "fans" for one of either two reasons; it was hidden by the "public incredulity" syndrome in that you didn't want to believe the truth or more likely, you were too stupid to see the signs over a period of over 25 years. It was sheep-like behaviour from the vast majority of you that sunk the ship.

I think the insipid performance yesterday will be a tipping point for a lot of undecideds but I don't think it will make a difference 2bh. He's milnes man, too expensive to sack and he's good enough to get us into Europe again.

Correct tlg.

We're all pretty adamant on that, the only way he will leave now is if he leaves himself, he won't be sacked.

I can't get my head around the reasoning from those that want him to stay, not sure why they're afraid of change, it's part and parcel of Football, a new Manager could come in and excel or he could come in and regress us further, that's the chance you need to take, if it did go south, you then move that Manager on and recruit again, but you'd need to give him at least a full season imo, you will see then, after 2 Transfer Windows getting his own Players and implementing his ideas on the Pitch.

However, in the meantime, there are things that McInnes can change in the now, the likes of the Captaincy, Joe Lewis is our best player, I'd argue that he is anyway, but he's not a Captain, our style of Football, he had us playing relatively decent Football in the first few years, probably up until we lost Hayes, McGinn, Rooney etc.... But we've gone to monotonous, uninspiring, dire and boring Football this last 18-24 Months, we've shown very brief flashes that we're a formidable outfit that can play nice Football, but 90% of the time, it's the opposite.

I have also stated previously, and this one is a bug bear of mine and might not even be the case, but sure seems like it, is his lack of motivational skills, we never look " Up " for games, does that makes sense? Again yesterday, I noticed it straight away, we were utterly passive and cowardly, nobody looked up for it, was the same in the Semi Final against Motherwell when we got horsed 3-0, they were pumped, they were harrying, we were afraid and treating the ball like a grenade. It's something I think we lack, putting teams on the back foot and getting in their faces. You can do that as well as play Football.

Anyway, fuck it, there's definitely a change in the air with the fans, they made themselves heard yesterday and McInnes looked a bit annoyed by that, we're getting articles in Newspapers now questioning him and people are starting to take notice, this is something he's not used too, not since he's been here anyway, lets see what he's made off, he can shirk away or he can take it on the chin and silence all the doubters.

I think the insipid performance yesterday will be a tipping point for a lot of undecideds but I don't think it will make a difference 2bh.  He's milnes man, too expensive to sack and he's good enough to get us into Europe again.

Is he?  ??? I'd be amazed if we qualified for Europe next season. There's little point anyway since our pathetic passive pussy tactics will see is papped out post haste by bang average shite.  ::)

I don't think that qualifying for Europe next season is a forlorn hope but that is more to do with the other sides being equally as shyte as we are rather than us being any good.

Also believe that he is sackable. But it will take the team to go on a 5 or 6 match losing streak, fan protests at full time AND crowds dropping to below the 9k mark where we start to lose money week in/week out. Not sure we are close to that point yet sadly.

I think it will be others on the board who will get rid of McInnes, not Milne and really only hope it is VERY soon.

Any goodwill he had from his first couple of years at the club is very quickly ebbing away and only folk who harp on about about where we were before him want to stick with him, not able to see we are heading back towards the same place, the same people who still think getting rid of Calderwood was a mistake

He really should have left us at the end of the 2017 season, as I would say he peaked with us at that point.

Something has to give, or the Kingswells vanity project could well end up being as big a white elephant as the one they built at Darlington.

Let's get one thing correct. McInnes has never qualified for Europe. We haven't been in Europe since 2008. It's like bragging about getting to the intertoto.

Until this season, he was good enough to get us to the qualifiers, but i don't think he will be so lucky this season.  If we do some how fluke it, it won't be because we're good, it'll be because others a slightly shitter.

Sick to death of the guy, get him the fuck out of our club.

The absolutely pathetic excuse for a performance on Sunday has pissed me off so much, I am still shaking my head in disbelief.

I have never witnessed an Aberdeen team ever be so poor against either of the scum. That to me is down to one person, the manager.

He has constantly signed either crocked players, or ones just back from injuries, then moans like hell to the press about the lengthy injury list we have.

When we sit back all the time and supposedly try and hit on the counter, he has no idea how to change things when we go a goal down and it isnt working, especially to the teams from glesga.

I have heard that he doesnt like Anderson, so he wont play him, which is also infuriating.

I have never known the fans to be so divided since following the Dons (for nearly 45 years). DNA, Kingsford and now even whether or not McInnes should be sacked.

To give the management team new contracts after another mediocre season last year was a huge mistake. Yet another fvck up from Milne in a long list of fvck ups.

I think personally that Mcinnes should go as he has run out of ideas. I would love also if Milne went too and let someone else in who is at least going to try and unite a very fractured support base.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, just so so sick of everything right now regarding my beloved team.

Really?  Forgotten the 9 we conceded at the San giro or the latter half of the 90's/early zero's cos we took some cuffings then...

Agreed, I don't think we're at that level yet. But, maybe it's my red spectacles or hazy memory, but it felt like we had a team that at least tried. They were just shit?  This team appears to have zero personality.

Really?  Forgotten the 9 we conceded at the San giro or the latter half of the 90's/early zero's cos we took some cuffings then...

ANyone who witnessed that car crash of a performance on Sunday has the right to be pissed off, seriously pissed off. I know for one I still am. I can take a defeat anytime, but the manner of Sundays performance was frightening. ANyone who says otherwise or tries to defend it must be taking the piss or are employed by the club.

I remember the really bad old days well, but what I saw on Sunday was as bad as anything we saw in the really bad years and this is under a manager that is supposed to be our messiah.

A lad I work with said today getting rid of McInnes is a bad idea because of what we had before him and with that I fear we have one person who is bigger than the club if that is the mindset of our support.

We have a manager who looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore and I am afraid that if some action is not taken soon we may find ourselves back in yearly relegation battles and celebrating a top 6 finish as an achievement.