Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Leith junkies vs Dons - Final game

Well I for one am just glad it is over for the season as for the most part we have been poor compared to the standards of previous seasons under DM.

It looks like DM is staying, but fuck he really needs to up his game if we wants to keep us up at the right end or the table and challenging for trophies.

THat home run without a win was our undoing this season and fair play to Killie for finishing third, the job Clarke has done in his 20 months with them has been very impressive, but looks like he is off.

See you all back on here in a few weeks as we mount our challenge for next seasons title.

Have a good summer.

Good for Shinnie to be able to end his dons career with back to back wins. A shame that desire and quality wasn't necessarily there throughout the whole season.  Killie deserve their 3rd place finish, played the better football for the most part.  Interestingly enough, according to someone on twitter (need to check later) we're still 2 points better off than any other non DM side over the past 25 years.  Although we do now need to hope that Hearts continue to be shite and lose to septic in the cup final.

Big summer ahead. I hope DM freshens up his ideas or we're going to fall further behind the pack. Whilst we got to finals this season, we didn't compete in them at all. I can accept finishing third if we're at least challenging in the finals.

Well that's that then. Sevco effectively did to us what Celtic did to them last year.....

Very poor first 45 and we could consider ourselves very fortunate to go in level, our performance certainly didn't warrant it. That said, second half was much improved and some of our passing and flowing moves were a treat to watch....Wilson's goal was a thing of beauty. Hibs should really have equalised but Cerny produced a fantastic stop from a point blank range shot.

Other highlights....Cosgrove hitting the advertising hoarding between the stands in the first half. Had it not hit it the Sunday afternoon shopping crowds on Princes Street were severely at risk. And May......what can I say. That shot  :rofl: I'd never have believed it was possible to do that had I not witnessed it with my own eyes (wont spoil it for you all that havent seen it....watch the highlights (just wear an adult nappy cos you will piss yourselves)

Glad Shinnie got the win in his final game. And though he was hardly seen since the incident in the League cup Final, nice to see GMS get a 20 minute cameo in his last ganme for us too.

See you all in July  :beers:

Glad this season is over. Most of our games have been a chore to attend and today was no different for large spells. Some of our football was eye bleedingly bad today. We will need to to vastly improve the quality of player in the squad if we are to challenge next season. Ability to pass the ball to a team mate more than 10m away should be a prerequisite. As Manc has said Killie deserve to be third.

Not a great 1st half & hibs edged it, 2nd half we edged it.  Well worked goal by Wilson & a terrible pen.by Cosgrove.

Big ovation for Shinnie at the end & D.M too. We are not great to watch though.

Still 3 points, unfortunately not enough for 3rd. Good backing from Dons fans :thumbsup:

I watched the match afterwards on that crazy Gaelic channel. Who knew that the Gaels were such strong supporters of football?

I got fed up of hearing the word "Morrelos" and was contemplating turning off the sound, but decided to play "Morrelos bingo" instead.

A handsome tally of 33 times, the cheating shiny faced Columbian's name was mentioned.

His name was mentioned more than second most mentioned Cosgrove with 30 mentions and he actually played in the match being shown.

Who says the BBC don't show bias?

After this Gaelic Morrelos wankfest, I have no doubt that the love in is only going to get worse.

I only have mentioned the turd's name 3 times.