Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - victims - SC semi - Sunday

Fuck me, season effectively over as it's highly doubtful we'll get second.

I was amazed to see how many people were predicting us to win, but I didn't see a 3-0 happening.

Tbh even if we had kept 11 men on the park, it's still very likely the result would have been much the same. Celtic could easily have been 2 up in the first 5 minutes and we were struggling to keep possession for any length of time far less create any chances. Our only hope was to score first and hold on for grim death. Celtic scoring first would have meant us having to open up in chase of an equaliser and as they usually do in such circumstances, would have picked us off at will.

All totally irrelevant because we didn't. Sad fact is the financial gap between us and them continues to widen each and every season and means that under present circumstances we might never win a trophy ever again. They are beatable now and again but their squad is such that they could field  their second choice players in every position and be fairly comfortable that they'd still beat us.

We have nobody but ourselves to blame either. Milne had the chance to change the set up when oldco went tits up but chose, utterly bizarrely, to keep the 11-1 voting system in place. Coupled with the "Scottish football needs a strong sevco" shite, he should have been chased out of the North East there and then down to where he sells his shitty quality houses for extraordinary high prices to suppporters of either arse cheek where he would be amongst his own.

Sad fact is the financial gap between us and them continues to widen each and every season and means that under present circumstances we might never win a trophy ever again.

One of the biggest frustrations when I used to be an Aberdeen fan were Aberdeen fans. You've got extremes that prove you don't know jack shit, from a gluepot running a fans forum who thinks we're good enough to win the league to views like this who blame financial disparity for our continued failures.

Most of all, and the biggest crime of the century is that you ACCEPT where we are. You can't even see what Milne's agenda has been FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS. You never saw McInnes for what he is and you have been chanting his name this season in your thousands, like six years wasn't enough to show you the reality. We got the club we deserve. Fuck you all. Goodbye.

The racism/ secterianism has never left society...

No it hasn't and it never will. It can't possibly change either because the authorities don't understand what racism is and where it comes from.

I remember in the 70's hearing a waiter in the Light of Bengal being insulted by a customer who used the word "paki" within his rant. Alf Garnett, Jim Davidson and his ilk have been removed from the mainstream but the underlying issue hasn't gone away, nor can it.

Half the population are below average for intellect, half are below average on the work ethic scale and half the people are below average for what they have in terms of wealth. There are millions in the UK who are in the bottom half of all three, the laziest thickest cunts being so stupid that they spend what little they have on cigarettes, alcohol and gambling. These mutants are acutely aware that they are at the bottom of the food chain and they don't like it (because in reality, they don't like themselves). They NEED someone to hate, a whole class of people being just the ticket, thereby pretending to themselves that they're not the lowest of the low, which of course they are. White supremacy groups are full of lazy stupid fuckers with fuck all going for them. Had you been at the Sleaford Mods gig in Aberdeen six months ago, you would've heard in the lyrics of Jolly Fucker, "EDL twat, Tommy used to work at the docks, the union went all white, he fucking loved it".

Brexit and UKIP are only exposing what's already there. Education alone won't make a blind bit of difference. As Jason said - "blood on the hands of working class rage". Spike Lee has been nailing this subject for years, BlacKkKlansman winning an Oscar for him.

Was always going to be difficult for us without GMS, Logan, Shinnie and McGinn. McInnes tried to replicate the tactics that got us the much hailed 0-0 last month at Parkhead but Celtic were expecting it so played with a much higher intensity and we were overrun especially in the middle of the park. Don’t think we were winning the games even without the sendings off but the gross stupidity from Ball to make a challenge like that when already on a yellow card is beyond me. Another big game at Hampden where he makes a massive error but there will still be some shouting for him to get a deal.

I watched the second half from the pub as I thought might has well have a pint while watching us get slaughtered.

Didn’t hear any of the sectarian/racist chanting round where I was in first half but don’t doubt that there was. Been creeping into our support for sometime now.

Got a massive game against Killie now which we have to win if we are to have any chance of making Europe. Fuck having to play in league cup groups which only give you 7 days extra rest anyway if the start date is the same as last year.

Was always going to be difficult for us without GMS, Logan, Shinnie and McGinn. McInnes tried to replicate the tactics that got us the much hailed 0-0 last month at Parkhead but Celtic were expecting it so played with a much higher intensity and we were overrun especially in the middle of the park. Don’t think we were winning the games even without the sendings off but the gross stupidity from Ball to make a challenge like that when already on a yellow card is beyond me. Another big game at Hampden where he makes a massive error but there will still be some shouting for him to get a deal.

I watched the second half from the pub as I thought might has well have a pint while watching us get slaughtered.

Didn’t hear any of the sectarian/racist chanting round where I was in first half but don’t doubt that there was. Been creeping into our support for sometime now.

Got a massive game against Killie now which we have to win if we are to have any chance of making Europe. Fuck having to play in league cup groups which only give you 7 days extra rest anyway if the start date is the same as last year.

Ball has proven that he cannot handle the pressure of the big games so for me any deal should be taken off the table.  We need to attract players with a better mindset who will not buckle under the pressure of big games like many of ours are prone to do. For what it's worth i don't think keeping 11 on the park would have made much much of a difference to the overall result.

We were always going to be up against it yesterday, but we looked like we were some diddy team from the lower leagues out for day out and a big payday rather than a team in the top half of the SPL.

In fairness to Ball, he's being asked to play in a role he's proven he's shite at. Also, his first yellow card was typical of the shite that only that card-happy wanker Thomson is capable of. A fucking awful decision. Just as bad as Ball's decision to go in for that challenge on Christie. That said, I do think there is some merit in keeping him as cover for our midfield next season (as there was this season). Unless we can get in a ready made Shinnie replacement pretty quickly in the transfer window then I think it'd be a big risk to go into next season hoping that the next Gleeson/Forrester is going to be better than the current Gleeson/Forrester. We know Ball's limitations, but we also know that he's good enough in midfield to do a shift against most of the teams in the league if we get injuries to our preferred midfield. Nobody is suggesting that he should be here as first choice midfielder. We'll have at least 4 first team players to sign in the summer and pragmatism would suggest that a couple of Ball-like squad players wouldn't be the worst back-stop.

Anyway, we were pretty much awful all over. That said, without the sending off we would have held on until half time where we might have been given a boot up the cunt. With the missing players and the lack of talent in the surrounding squad we were on a hiding to nothing but you cannot afford to make any mistakes. Ball's red card is unforgiveable. We then have a 6 minute period of Christie on the deck to organise ourselves to see it through until half time. We didn't need a sub. We certainly didn't need to leave Cosgrove on that pitch who was only ever going to be wandering about permanently 6 seconds behind where the ball last was. Not his fault, but anybody that has seen him play (or any player of his style) knows that he's not the guy you need against a good team with ten men. It was a mistake from McInnes, and also an unforgiveable one. It was either Cosgrove for Devlin, or continue as was with a back three of Lowe, Considine and McKenna until half time - and that should have been blatantly obvious.

The Ferguson challenge was dirty as fuck and McInnes should have said so post-match.

On the sectarian side of things, it doesn't surprise me that our own supporters are using terms like "Fenian", they've doing it for years, often at our own players (McGinn). It seems more prevalent at away games. The notion that McInnes was getting sectarian abuse is a bit of a cop out in my opinion. Granted, I didn't grow up in the west coast so I don't really know how it must feel or if it irks you or is just banter, but I only heard chants about him being a "sad orange bastard" which I'm not convinced is actually sectarian. To me, he was sent off because he lost his discipline (which is actually unusual for him to be fair) because of the poor performance.

Using the word fenian is just downright hunnish and afc 'fans' should not be using it at all.  I heard someone shout it yesterday from somewhere quite near behind me so I turned and shouted out fuck off to ibrox with chat like that.  Didn't hear it again but I left when Ferguson got his straight red.

In fairness to Ball, he's being asked to play in a role he's proven he's shite at. Also, his first yellow card was typical of the shite that only that card-happy wanker Thomson is capable of. A fucking awful decision. Just as bad as Ball's decision to go in for that challenge on Christie. That said, I do think there is some merit in keeping him as cover for our midfield next season (as there was this season). Unless we can get in a ready made Shinnie replacement pretty quickly in the transfer window then I think it'd be a big risk to go into next season hoping that the next Gleeson/Forrester is going to be better than the current Gleeson/Forrester. We know Ball's limitations, but we also know that he's good enough in midfield to do a shift against most of the teams in the league if we get injuries to our preferred midfield. Nobody is suggesting that he should be here as first choice midfielder. We'll have at least 4 first team players to sign in the summer and pragmatism would suggest that a couple of Ball-like squad players wouldn't be the worst back-stop.

Anyway, we were pretty much awful all over. That said, without the sending off we would have held on until half time where we might have been given a boot up the cunt. With the missing players and the lack of talent in the surrounding squad we were on a hiding to nothing but you cannot afford to make any mistakes. Ball's red card is unforgiveable. We then have a 6 minute period of Christie on the deck to organise ourselves to see it through until half time. We didn't need a sub. We certainly didn't need to leave Cosgrove on that pitch who was only ever going to be wandering about permanently 6 seconds behind where the ball last was. Not his fault, but anybody that has seen him play (or any player of his style) knows that he's not the guy you need against a good team with ten men. It was a mistake from McInnes, and also an unforgiveable one. It was either Cosgrove for Devlin, or continue as was with a back three of Lowe, Considine and McKenna until half time - and that should have been blatantly obvious.

The Ferguson challenge was dirty as fuck and McInnes should have said so post-match.

On the sectarian side of things, it doesn't surprise me that our own supporters are using terms like "Fenian", they've doing it for years, often at our own players (McGinn). It seems more prevalent at away games. The notion that McInnes was getting sectarian abuse is a bit of a cop out in my opinion. Granted, I didn't grow up in the west coast so I don't really know how it must feel or if it irks you or is just banter, but I only heard chants about him being a "sad orange bastard" which I'm not convinced is actually sectarian. To me, he was sent off because he lost his discipline (which is actually unusual for him to be fair) because of the poor performance.

For me we have had Ball for two seasons and he has gave some good performances, but he is always going to be the type of player who is never too far away from disaster. I also appreciate he is not a right back and also filling in, but it's not as if it was like last seasons semi when he really was thrown in at the deep end. I just feel we should move on from Ball and see who we can get in, easier said than done, but handing out contracts to players who are not going to improve us doesn't sit well with me.

For me we have had Ball for two seasons and he has gave some good performances, but he is always going to be the type of player who is never too far away from disaster. I also appreciate he is not a right back and also filling in, but it's not as if it was like last seasons semi when he really was thrown in at the deep end. I just feel we should move on from Ball and see who we can get in, easier said than done, but handing out contracts to players who are not going to improve us doesn't sit well with me.

I agree in the main. But then I said the same as you last pre-season until I saw Gleeson and Forrester and changed my mind in a flash. If we had a youth team player with a bit of steel coming through I'd be comfortable ditching Ball as backup. As I said, if we can get a couple of midfield signings that we're happy with early doors in the window then get rid, but - like last season - if we take a punt down South and fail then we should snap him up as backup. Could you imagine if we hadn't had Ball this season? That charlatan Forrester or fellow fanny Gleeson would have played umpteen games and we'd be much further down the league. Campbell isn't yet as good as Ball (I have no doubt that he will be). I'm not saying that Ball is brilliant, just that there is a very high risk factor in assuming that a player we take in will be better. We will be looking at 2-3 new midfielders in the summer for the first eleven with a view to one of them being good enough to replace Shinnie and another to fill the gap left by Christie which we didn't solve last summer. The notion that we can replace an entire team in one window is a little bit niave, so if we have a ready made squad player the pragmatic thing would be to sign him. Put another way, given the turnover, I wouldn't be surprised to see us (if we let Ball go) having a midfielder sitting on the bench for an entire season that we couldn't concievably rely on to come on in a game like we did this season with Gleeson and Forrester. Hopefully Harrington will return from Montrose with the experience to provide competition/backup at right back.

Well, that was just horrible. Haven't had the stomach to watch the highlights but the game was over the moment Ball went off.  I have watched his second yellow again and I can see why it was a yellow but, equally, if he had gone down also he probably would have got away from it as there was clearly no intent.  Didn't think his first was a yellow though and  that's galling as I thought we were staring to frustrate celtic and actually getting into their half at times.  I would concede that Celtic probably would have won anyway but I thought that pre match.

The collapse of discipline was very concerning and, for me, highlights how much we missed Shinnie.  He is going to be a huge loss next season and finding a successor for him next seasons will be very difficult.  Still plenty to play for at least but as I said previously this has been a pretty disappointing season bar results against the tribute act.

Anyone else feeling very apprehensive about next season.  We will be without for sure Shinnie, Stewart, gms, Lowe and McKenna.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis away as well nor Cosgrove either.  That's potentially 6 players who are all first choices offski and yet another rebuild for Mcinnes.  And it will be Mcinnes unless he decides to walk himself.

I can't see Milne moving DM on 1. cos he loves him and 2. looking for a new manager when you're trying to build a new stadium is extra hassle and expense that you don't need. 

Do I have faith that he will be able to do it?  History tells us he will find some good ones and bad ones but there could be a fair whack of cash coming in to the club this summer to complicate matters.  If all of them went I think reasonable fees would be 8 for mckenna, 2ish for Cosgrove, do well to get the same again for Lewis as he's ooc come 2020 but I would expect at least a mill.  Add on 4 mill if Fraser gets that arsenal move and that is 15 mill in over the summer (most of it will go to the stadium but I reckon Cormack will make sure a decent amount will go to the playing staff).  Add to that the club is going to have a new big selling point for potential players in that we will have a 11.5 mill training facility. Interesting times lie ahead.

Well, that was a horror show yesterday. After 120 seconds on the Clock, a Celtic Centre Back simply strolled through our entire midfield, even had a wee step over, and hit a decent effort which was saved well enough by Joe Lewis.

I knew then what kind of afternoon we'd be in for. ( Not the discipline farce, just that we'd lose )

I am surprised he opted for Campbell, although as I mentioned earlier in this very thread, I thought he would if he was fit. I think it would have been wiser playing any one of Gleeson or Ball in the midfield, with Halford coming in at RB if it were to be Ball.

As much as I have stated my belief that Stevie May is an utter flop, he should have remained on when Devlin was introduced, Stewart should have been taken off instead, at least with May you'll get some sort of effort and energy, Stewart is a Ball Carrier, and even at that, he's completely out of his depth on the Wing, it was embarrassing watching him trying to out pace that wee fucking rat Tierney.

It was all wrong yesterday, and granted, Ball should never have been booked for his initial Yellow, but by fuck what was he doing for the second? Watching it back numerous times, he was miles off the pace and was never winning that header, a sensible head would have dropped back into position. He isn't sensible and the fact that people were creaming for him to be signed up, after watching an interview on RedTv, says more about them than it says about him FFS. At the very best, and I mean the tip of the Iceberg, he is a squad filler, preferably in the midfield and not in a Position where he has clearly struggled, he can't really be blamed on that front.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43767582

Also, see that article above there, it's our Manager talking after we got horsed by Motherwell exactly a year ago yesterday, same venue, same competition, same scoreline and same stage. " Maybe putting more faith in certain players to deliver better performances on the bigger stage." A direct quote from him, are we in a better position now than we were 12 months ago? I would say no, I would say we are regressing further, even more so than I stated we were earlier in the season.

How many opportunities does he need to win the Cup? How many times have we been to Hampden and been bullied, outfought, outplayed and embarrassed? I genuinely couldn't give a fuck that we " At least get there " because you win absolutely fucking nothing for just getting there. His recruitment has been all wrong, his tactics, or whatever the fuck it is we deploy, is all wrong and certain players are nowhere near as good as they are made out to be.

Would you honestly trust him with another Window, possibly 2? We need a fair amount of players next season, preferably permanent deals and perhaps that One loan player, like Hector, Ward, Maddison to bring that bit of class. We have the biggest budget outwith the cheeks, he's not really utilised it this season.

Ouch.

I wasn't one of the many who claimed to be confident. I didn't have any faith in Campbell to live up to the occasion but he was far from the only one. Ferguson let everyone down. As did Ball although I do feel his first yellow was farcical. But he still knew he was on a yellow when had badly miss timed his challenge on Christie. Exactly the same was that Boyata did in the league cup final on GMS and got off fucking scott-free.  ::)

I knew it was going to be a shite day roughly 90 seconds into the game when some utter fucking cretin behind us was whinging at folk near us for standing up. A few guys (who weren't blocking his view of the park) refused and he ran to a fucking steward and grassed. The steward is on £6 per hour and didn't give a fuck. He fucked off straight after that which is just as well because he was testing everyone's patience. It's fucking Hampden. Two thirds of every cunt in there were standing. Calling people "Mr. Selfish" in a whingey nasal tone is a sure fire way to confirm that you're a traffic warden that everyone who already knows you hates.

I was heading to the exit as soon as the 3rd went in. The uppity wankers having a go at fans for not torturing themselves to the bitter end when we got served such horseshit from most of the team and management are just happy clapper bellends. We took almost 20k down there. They got support. They let the support down. Stay 'till the end like a "real" fan if you want but fucking do it quietly. Dicks. Some of us have grown up.

So. Season over then. Highly doubt I'll bother with many of the remaining games. Apathetic.

Ouch.

I wasn't one of the many who claimed to be confident. I didn't have any faith in Campbell to live up to the occasion but he was far from the only one. Ferguson let everyone down. As did Ball although I do feel his first yellow was farcical. But he still knew he was on a yellow when had badly miss timed his challenge on Christie. Exactly the same was that Boyata did in the league cup final on GMS and got off fucking scott-free.  ::)

I knew it was going to be a shite day roughly 90 seconds into the game when some utter fucking cretin behind us was whinging at folk near us for standing up. A few guys (who weren't blocking his view of the park) refused and he ran to a fucking steward and grassed. The steward is on £6 per hour and didn't give a fuck. He fucked off straight after that which is just as well because he was testing everyone's patience. It's fucking Hampden. Two thirds of every cunt in there were standing. Calling people "Mr. Selfish" in a whingey nasal tone is a sure fire way to confirm that you're a traffic warden that everyone who already knows you hates.

I was heading to the exit as soon as the 3rd went in. The uppity wankers having a go at fans for not torturing themselves to the bitter end when we got served such horseshit from most of the team and management are just happy clapper bellends. We took almost 20k down there. They got support. They let the support down. Stay 'till the end like a "real" fan if you want but fucking do it quietly. Dicks. Some of us have grown up.

So. Season over then. Highly doubt I'll bother with many of the remaining games. Apathetic.

Have a Simmie. Never understood why fans have a go at other fans when they leave after witnessing such wankery from the team. Each to their own, I get that, but I wholeheartedly agree in the main that they're uppity wankers and happy clapping bell-ends. ( Here's me having a go at fellow fans, hypocritical prick  :( )