Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

He is an Edinburgh lad so back home which is important to him allegedly. Suspect we would have to seriously beat Hibs wage offer to have any chance of getting him in. Would expect clubs in league 1 in England would still be interested in his services as well.

Interesting. I suspect that there is a lot of that type of thinking in the game. We probably underestimate the additional cost required to persuade a player to come all this way up North. Whilst we have a 10% bigger average salary than the Hibees, I suspect that can be quickly eaten up by the extra bribery required to make the move. It's not like the cost of living is particularly cheap up here either.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Nixon on Twitter, if you know him on Social Media, you'll know he's normally bang on the money, he's a Journalist, albeit for The Sun, but he's still normally spot on.

ABERDEEN. Looking into a return for Josh Magennis. Could be snatched from BOLTON.

By all accounts, Magennis was a bit raw when he left us, but I think he's been relatively okay in the Championship & League 1 in England since. But again, for me, slams of a sheer lack of imagination, given there is a potential return for Shaughnessy as well. Not for one second suggesting they're not good enough, but they were let go because McInnes didn't fancy them initially, if I remember correctly?

Fits the bill for a McInnes player though, not lazy, can play in a few positions and must be within our budget.

Was discussed on the Hat around lunchtime......general consensus is that Nixon isn't as "ITK" as he would have you believe and he's taking a flyer on this one, using known facts to build a basis for his story.

Yes Magennis has just been relegated at Bolton and they are very very likely to try and offload him for free in the summer. And of course his wife is a local quine. And yes big pals with McGinn.

However the move would only make sense IF we were offloading Cosgrove. We certainly don't need 2 battering ram centre forwards. However.....I certainly wouldn't be averse to it happening if indeed Cosgrove were to be sold. I don't think we'd let him go for any less than £750k given his goals and length of contract. So even though Magennis would command a higher wage, we would still make a handsome profit on the deal and bag ourselves a current NI internationalist with over 40 caps to his name. At 29, we'd get a good 3 years out him barring a bad injury.....Cosgrove still is only raw talent. He might flourish but equally if he got a move to the Championship he could well be out his depth and end up in EFL2 or lower within 18 months.

I see Lewis Macleod has been released by Brentford, seems right up McInnes’ street I would think, especially with his level of injury proneness.

The Sun are linking us with Pavel Safranko from Dundee Utd.

Safranko's parent club apparently want £100k to release him. Have only seen a few brief glimpses of the loon in action. Looked ok but never got me thinking that he would in any way become a target for us.

Macleod is an interesting one. Was considered the "next big thing" whilst at sevco and I was amazed to then see him sign for a club in the lower reaches of the championship. Pretty much instantly copped a serious knee injury...…...so ticking all the DM boxes there.....and out for over a year IIRC and has struggled to get much game time ever since. We certainly need a creative midfielder and he would seem to fit the bill but he's really not developed over the past 4 years. Doubtful he will have many options, so wouldn't be averse to offering him a 12 month contract to see how he does on a low basic wage, with built in bonus for each game he plays.

I see Lewis Macleod has been released by Brentford, seems right up McInnes’ street I would think, especially with his level of injury proneness.

The Sun are linking us with Pavel Safranko from Dundee Utd.

There was some chat back in January that we should be/were looking at Safranco.

P & J claiming we have opened talks with Curtis Main. One that has been mentioned previously, can understand why McInnes is keen but personally see him as another Stevie May type, plenty of effort and endeavour but 6 goals this season and 48 career goals in 284 career games.

If he comes, maybe he'll play just off Cosgrove and not necessarily directly up front? He does look a handful, and he's pretty strong and can fairly shift, also might see the end of May, or at least punting him out on loan as someone suggested on another thread.

And now a very prominent supporter who has inside info when it comes to signings, many of you will know who I am talking about, has just said we're close to announcing a Centre Back that " won't be popular "

Kirk Broadfoot, welcome aboard min  :rofl:

Seriously though, I have no idea who said person could be referring too, but if they are correct, then I am most definitely intrigued.

And now a very prominent supporter who has inside info when it comes to signings, many of you will know who I am talking about, has just said we're close to announcing a Centre Back that " won't be popular "

Kirk Broadfoot, welcome aboard min  :rofl:

Seriously though, I have no idea who said person could be referring too, but if they are correct, then I am most definitely intrigued.

Ash Taylor has been freed by Northampton....

Reading this thread and the names being mentioned as possible signings is hardly helping my mood prior to tonight's game. With that type of names being added to our squad I feel I may regret buying my season ticket so early for next year.

Hopefully it is all just shyte though.

Curtis Main  :-[

It's a very clever move from McInnes. It's going to be difficult and expensive to replace Shinnie in the heart of midfield, so let's just bypass midfield altogether. Big lumps at the back hoofing it to big lumps up front. Get in that big lump Djoum from Hearts in case the ball hits a seagull and drops in the middle of the pitch.