Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Hamilton - wed

Thing which really frustrated me was that we could actually have got a result from that. We hit the post, the bar, and couple of other really good chances that should have been in the back of the net.  I'm not saying we deserved it mind, but that made the defeat all the worse to take.  But generally, that was horrific. Fair play to Hamilton, deserved it.

Hamilton have lost 5 of their previous away games without scoring a single goal in said games, come up to Pittodrie and look fairly comfortable, score a couple of decent goals, keep a clean sheet and head down the road with the 3 points.

Cosgrove was really isolated last night, those were the type of situations he had to deal with earlier in the season when every man and their dog was writing him off, what in the actual fuck is he supposed to do when the manager instructs us to punt aimless balls up to him for the vast majority of the 90 minutes?

Shinnie, yet again, follows a great overall performance at the weekend up with a timid anonymous display, didn't even notice Ferguson was playing to be brutally honest, and not for the first time this season.

Agree with the sentiments regarding our defenders, abysmal to a man last night, looked like the first time they had ever played together. Bring back Tommie Hoban!  :(

McGinn & Stewart tried to make things happen, but McGinn's distribution was pretty shocking ( barring one or two decent balls he put in the box from open play ) and Stewart, clearly a good player, we all saw that at Dundee, and under Clarke at Killie, but that's when he played in that free role off the Striker, we persist in playing him out wide and we are clearly not getting the most out of him there, that lies squarely at the manager, play him off Cosgrove and stop fucking about.

Imagine where we would be had we not had that good spell in December, results wise! Appears they we papering over evident cracks.

I actually thought when we initially went to a back three after Lowe went off we looked better and actually managed to get up the park and cause them some problems, but then it was downhill all the way, but Hamilton were certainly the better team in the opening stages and bar a few fleeting spells from us, were the better team overall, as Rico says they worked hard all over the pitch, especially the two guys up front who I thought were very good for them, but they put in a shift all over the park and showed some good stuff at times, a big change from the teams Canning used to put out to play who rarely ventured into the opposition half.

We do need a change, have said it for a while now, but I don't think it is going to happen as the relationship between Manager and Chairman is just too cosy and not really good for the club.

Play as bad against the Hun on Sunday and they will destroy us.

Edit: Just watched their first goal, it looked good from my seat, but it was some finish. He certainly didn't mean it, I work with a pal of his and he says he just tried to keep the ball in play and nothing else, it certainly wasn't meant.

Edit: Just watched their first goal, it looked good from my seat, but it was some finish. He certainly didn't mean it, I work with a pal of his and he says he just tried to keep the ball in play and nothing else, it certainly wasn't meant.

That's a shame, it was one hell of a strike.

One thing about last night was that sublime pass from Stewart to McGinn in the first half that led to Shinnie's chance (from McLennan's pass). Too often we do the easy pass and make the easy run and that move was a perfect illustration of that. McGinn had the entire wing to run into, but he did his very best to position himself for the square ball from Stewart. It was like he was frightened to take responsibility. By playing the difficult pass, Stewart forced McGinn to get on his bike.

That's been the pattern of our home games this year. Nobody risking the difficult pass, everyone coming short to take the easy ball off the defender, nobody taking the step forward (Shinnie, perhaps, aside) to take the ball in a difficult position. It's the sort of thing we saw from likes of Chris Clark for years at the dons, but we've got actual fitba'rs (in that they can all control a ball and shield it) these days and these guys should be doing much more. We saw it from McLean previously and Jack before him. The lazy comment that McGinn's "legs have gone" is just nonsense. He's never been that quick, he's always made space through skill. He needs to get his arse back to dropping his shoulder, beating his man and playing the difficult ball. We all know he can shift the ball and play the safe loopy cross into the penalty area after taking too long to get the ball in (from where he can effectively say "I've done my job, the striker has to win it now"), but he's still capable of much more. He needs a rocket up his hoop. Sit him down and make him watch his own highlights reel. Make him watch that game against Hearts and that sublime skinning of the EPL's finest, Calum Paterson, multiple times. He's good enough to not do the safe pish every time and as a team we need to stop doing it.

With that performance and that get up... It's almost as if McInnes wants to be sacked.

I've been thinking that he hasn't been happy for a while but I'm pretty sure that he does NOT want the sack.

Speculating on the reasons for his dissatisfaction - and the lack of a smile for so long I can't remember is an easy giveaway - there are a number of possibles. Being apart from our family and not seeing our kids grow up would have been unacceptable to me, at any cost and if there is a hint of decency and humanity within him (which I'm sure there is), this must eat into his soul.

Also, it's not been going to his plan. I'm pretty sure six years wasn't part of his agenda but as he keeps on recruiting duds and fails to inspire them properly, the results he had hoped for to engineer a move to a bigger job hasn't happened.

Perhaps he's scared? He is starting to realise his own limitations, considerable as they appear to qualified external observers. He really doesn't want to be stuck up here, amongst people that he knows (deep down) don't like him, the average Aberdonian being so stupid and parochial they can't trust anyone from outwith the NE of Scotland, anyone who doesn't talk like them and "think" like them, the English being only marginally behind the weegies in their sad skulls.

Whatever we speculate on, the facts are that it's not working under McInnes and some of us know that it never will. It's a match made in the toilet, not in heaven.

tin hat on but I really didn't think we played that badly last night 2bh. We started poorly but came right back into it fairly quickly.  When Hamilton scored what was either a complete freak (most likely) or a total worldie (and if he intended that it's a real contender for the best finish I have ever seen in Scottish football) it was massively against the run of play.  For the vast majority of the rest of the game we were all over them but they defended pretty well to be fair.  We made an absolute cunt of the second one though and if I feel any anger it's over that.  All in I didn't think we did that much wrong and it was just one of those days where everything went against us. 

Cue vitriol.

Is there any word on the Lowe's injury? 

The Mcinnes question is rearing it's head again isn't it?  Understandably so.  Still don't think wiggy will do anything other than offer him a new deal, I.E if he's going it will be on McInnes's terms.  I have wondered if it is time for a change a few times this season though but, realistically, I have no idea who I would want in.  Overall I don't think the support would be feeling brenda level disappointment if McInnes was to leave at the end of the season despite some good times with McInnes.  The thing is sometimes a change is good if it's handled properly and that prospect can be quite seductive...... Especially after losing 2 scud at home to fucking Hamilton.

Here's the question though: if he was to be leaving the club in the summer who would you want in to replace him?  No chance on Clarke btw, he took the Killie job to be close to his parents in their final years as i hear it.  Celtic would have appealing to him perhaps until the bigots of both colour all finally clocked on to the fact that the repeal of the OBFA means they can sing what they want again (i suppose we shouldn't be surprised it took so long to sink in) so he'll be away south when the time is right for him.  There's not to many options i can think of at the moment 2bh.  Put it this way,  Tommy Wright would likely top a board shortlist if they were looking for a new manager right now and I'm well aware how a lot of of people on this board view him. 

The lazy comment that McGinn's "legs have gone" is just nonsense. He's never been that quick, he's always made space through skill.

I agree that he was never the quickest, but he certainly used to have a burst of pace which could buy him that little bit of time on the ball which certainly seems to have gone.  He is capable of so much on the pitch, but delivering so little, but then everything about the team at the moment is a little stale.

Wright has done wonders at St J keeping them well out of relegation worries every year and working with a budget a fraction of ours. But therein lies the problem....he is well suited to finding players of limited ability and making them gel together into a hard working unit, capable on their day of beating anyone in a one off match but generally being a pretty boring side to watch. I've no doubt that if we came calling he would crawl on his hands and knees all the way up the road to sign on the dotted line. And he could be useful in maybe persuading Jason Kerr to follow him up ( a far better potential McKenna replacement than Shaughnessy). But would I trust him with a transfer budget ( ok more like a budget that allows him to attract better quality free transfers on account of the higher wages we pay) much higher than he is used to....no I wouldn't. The job he has done, you would perhaps have expected Hibs or Hearts to have made a move for him when their vacancies arose in the past couple of years but nope....or perhaps an EFL club....still nope. So I just think he's too untested to risk.

Should the position become vacant in summer, Clarke would be the obvious candidate. I know he's been sickened by the west coast bigotry and has stated if he leaves Killie it will be to return south. Actually I'm amazed that Celtic rushed to appoint popcorn teeth....I know they needed to assuage the negative publicity of Brenda flouncing out the door to what their fans perceive as a diddy club. But taking a calmer approach might have led them to give Clarke a try, a far more intellectual candidate. Given a few months for things to settle down, he might just be tempted to have a crack at ramming things down the sevconian throats at a bigger better financed club.

Beyond that....god knows. I still feel Wiggy won't fire DM, just let his contract run down. I don't think any of the current managers in Scotland would be considered ( maybe Neilson if he gets United up and consolidates) so I'd guess we would probably look at unemployed managers from down south, similar to Hibs with Heckingbottom. Just please please don't let the board consider Warburton the sevconian failure!

Also thought I'd noticed a bit more of a scowl about McInnes the last few months. Whether he's unhappy personally or professionally I dont know,but,if I was him I would consider moving on at the end of the season.A big reason for not wanting him out before now,has been the lack of obvious candidates to replace him with,and am also still appreciative of where were at,coming from where we've been,without being over excited at the style of football on display.But I just think we're reaching a natural parting of the ways point

But,if he does leave,even if the remainder of this season doesnt work out as planned,he'd still leave with a good enough reputation to command a reasonable job elsewhere.I would hope he's earned the right to leave without being hounded out.Staying another season,having a similar or worse campaign than this one could quickly damage his image and reputation IMO.

No idea who could replace him,Steve Clarke is now a long shot,but thats the chance we'd take