Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - St. Johnstone - Sat - 3pm

Funny, I thought it was a pretty dire game. Lucky not to be one down inside 4 minutes and we scored against the run of play. Thought mclellan was poor, lots of dribbling, stumble over the ball, no end product. Would he have been better out on loan than wright? Our play in the final third was slow, limited ball movement and poor passing, usually dribble and hope the individual creates something which didn’t happen much. Still, this has been DMs Aberdeen, grind out a result against the mid/lower teams but not overly pretty. Good win.

McLennan has already had a spell out on loan, and when played this season, more often than not has been a positive.

I'd start him and McGinn for Wednesday and bench GMS - who is someone whose end product has been poor.

I actually thought McLellan had a decent game. I was impressed. GMS was woeful, is his head alright or just not interested anymore, I'm not sure.  But it didn't surprise me to see us win with McLellan playing. Our good form in December had a lot to do with him so I was pleased there was a wee shake up.

Thought it was a reasonable game and we definitely rode our luck at times, but thought Ball and Shinnie were standouts.  The results went our way yesterday so it was nice to see us step up to the plate.

Good to see so many dandies there, really poor home crowd.

Finally got around to viewing the highlights and have to say Shinnie took his two goals very well. Dom Ball looked OK at RB, I initially feared the worst when I saw him down on the teamsheet, but fair play to him and he managed to set up the first goal, although Shinnie did the hard part. McLennan looked lively and GMS looked uninterested.

A very good three points and hope we carry the performance from it into the Hamilton game on Wednesday night.

Saw the P & J when was out for lunch. Can't believe people still buy newspapers, let alone £1.20 for that rag.

Chris Chrichton in fan view was saying how some of us have been questioning Shinnie's motivation. No we haven't. We pointed out that he's had too many shite games, particularly at the back end of 2018 so it was fantastic that he produced a superb performance on Saturday. He did say "everyone is allowed a bad day at the office" but what a total prick having a go at us for having the audacity to point out truths, immediately after possibly his best ever game. Nobody has ever questioned Shinnie's commitment. He's a totally honest pro and always gives it maximum desire. I don't know where CC gets his info from but I know that cunts like him only serve to perpetuate the myth regarding the miserableness of NE folk, which may not be quite so mythical after all. Penis wank.

I like Chris Crighton's column. One of the view worthwhile reads in the P&J. Perhaps he just had a bad day at the office.

I hadn't seen his column for 2/3 years and I did like reading him previously. I just object when some cunt uses a platform to make shit up. I have no problem with him having a go at Aberdeen fans but specifically saying that fans have been questioning his motivation levels is total nonsense. As far as I'm aware, not having read that on any forum, not having met anyone with that view nor ever likely to meet anyone who thinks that because it's just plain wrong.