Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

SC - dons vs newco huns

another thing, the 3 behind the striker should be interchangeable.

If Stewart can beat a player and find a pass from the 10 he should also be able to do it from wider.

Wasn't he more of a wide player for Dundee?

He did play wide on a number of occasions against us for Dundee, but he played a lot through the centre too. But, you're right, the 3 behind the striker have always been interchangeable under McInnes and that is where Stewart (and Wright and to an extent GMS) really struggles. Yesterday, McLennan played almost the whole of the game (that he was on for) in the centre, which is really unusual. On Wednesday, Stewart played a huge chunk of the Hamilton game in the centre (and did nothing). Neither got close enough to Cosgrove when he was winning the flick ons (neither did McGinn). Stewart clearly has ability on the ball but he needs to be that little quicker in releasing it (a prime example near the end yesterday when he dithered for ages on the ball - when he was through the middle - allowing a hun to nip in with an easy challenge. That said, despite having a poor game, I thought he tracked back quite well (for him), and I understand why McInnes wouldn't have trusted McLennan to do similar (McGinn's tracking back yesterday was excellent, with a number of well timed challenges).

Overall, we probably did enough to win the game. The McKenna header in the first half (great ball from Stewart) should have been directed down the way, the Considine effort(s) and the McKenna follow up as well as another couple of scrambles that didn't fall were enough to get another goal on another day. The Wilson sub was too late in the day for me, and I'd like to have seen May on for Stewart for the last 15 too just to change things up a bit. I think that was our chance to get through to be honest, but we'll go into the game with a bit of confidence nevertheless. I thought our back 4 was very good yesterday, and Shinnie put in a great shift too. Brilliant from GMS putting himself in a dangerous position in order to win the penalty. McGinn would have wimped out of that.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tourist wanders into a back-alley antique shop in San Francisco's Chinatown. Picking through the objects on display he discovers a detailed, life-sized bronze sculpture of a rat. The sculpture is so interesting and unique that he picks it up and asks the shop owner what it costs. "Twelve dollars for the rat, sir," says the shop owner, "and a thousand dollars more for the story behind it." "You can keep the story, old man," he replies, "but I'll take the rat." The transaction complete, the tourist leaves the store with the bronze rat under his arm. As he crosses the street in front of the store, two live rats emerge from a sewer drain and fall into step behind him. Nervously looking over his shoulder, he begins to walk faster, but every time he passes another sewer drain, more rats come out and follow him. By the time he's walked two blocks, at least a hundred rats are at his heels, and people begin to point and shout. He walks even faster, and soon breaks into a trot as multitudes of rats swarm from sewers, basements, vacant lots, and abandoned cars. Rats by the thousands are at his heels, and as he sees the waterfront at the bottom of the hill, he panics and starts to run full tilt. No matter how fast he runs, the rats keep up, squealing hideously, now not just thousands but millions, so that by the time he comes rushing up to the water's edge a trail of rats twelve city blocks long is behind him. Making a mighty leap, he jumps up onto a light post, grasping it with one arm while he hurls the bronze rat into San Francisco Bay with the other, as far as he can heave it. Pulling his legs up and clinging to the light post, he watches in amazement as the seething tide of rats surges over the breakwater into the sea, where they drown. Shaken and mumbling, he makes his way back to the antique shop. "Ah, so you've come back for the rest of the story," says the owner. "No," says the tourist, "I was wondering if you have a bronze Rangers fan."

Fucking loser mentality from our leaders

Totally fucked over by them

We apparently have said we are happy to only take usual 850 allocation @ The Hunnery.

I have no chance of getting ticket but wanted one and would have gone.

Absolutely fucking raging right now

We apparently have said we are happy to only take usual 850 allocation @ The Hunnery.

Why would we agree to 850 tickets when we took 1,700 to a replay in Kilmarnock last season at the same stage and won’t even know what the supporters clubs are requesting until tomorrow.

Seems very odd.

appears shinnie is offski there and mckenna supports trump

Your second point is true up to a point.....free golf and his face on some advertising shite ( may or may not be accompanied by a few dollars in his hipper)

However your first point is absolute bullcrap. You got that from the Hat. When asked to supply a credible source of the info....the poster quoted that " he got it off an Aberdeen supporting friend in the Weeg". Who in turn got it off a couple of threads in those bastions of credible information....swallow swallow and sevco media. Absolute pantie wetting ensued by a fair number of our more snowflakey fans.

As I pointed out.....had he signed a pre contract already with Der Hun  the press would have been all over it. And faced with us in the cup, sevco would surely have been blasting it all over the place too in an effort to unsettle the player and ensure that we would drop him for the tie on the grounds that " he's contracted to sevco now and couldn't be trusted to perform".

FWIW, I believe ( not ITK) that he is waiting to see if Sunderland come up and I Wigan stay up. I predicted in early November Sunderland would be his destination but only if they got promoted. However Wigan may be offering a better package should they stay in the Championship and if Sunderland come up, may leave him a choice to make.

But he's not going to sevco....

I reckon Sunderland WILL come up. My wife took my car yesterday and as my DAB was on talksport, she heard a bit of a Jack Ross interview. She was really enthusiastic about how positive and inspiring he came across. Why didn't Milne ever recruit a similarly good manager for AFC? And I wonder if McInnes is regretting not going there when he had the chance? Pussy wimp charlatan midget cunt.

972 tickets.  :confused:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/03/06/scottish-cup-quarter-final-replay-ticket-information/

TICKET DETAILS

Phase 1: Tickets for this match will be available for supporters with 180+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 7pm on Wednesday 6th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets.

Phase 2: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 150+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 9.30am on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

Phase 3: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 110+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 12noon on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

Phase 4: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 70+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 5.30pm on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets.

Phase 5: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 40+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 9.30am on Friday 8th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

General Sale: Any remaining tickets will then be made available for general sale from 12 noon on Friday 8th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

And I wonder if McInnes is regretting not going there when he had the chance? Pussy wimp charlatan midget cunt.

As you know though - the Sunderland McInnes was offered was completely different from the Sunderland Jack Ross accepted. New owners, no arsehole squad, no debt etc.

So I'm guessing the answer to your enquiry is no.

As you know though - the Sunderland McInnes was offered was completely different from the Sunderland Jack Ross accepted. New owners, no arsehole squad, no debt etc.

So I'm guessing the answer to your enquiry is no.

You KNOW that he's not regretting it? He's loving life up here aye?

I guess the chequebook Milne threw at him, twice, helped make up his mind.

Board happy with top 5 now , not 1st/2nd!!!

Paying Mchinless a fortune for treading water at best

Fans are disappearing in there thousands, to many

Duds at the club & captain 1 of our own was a rabbit

Bear growing up @ waiting for the call from I broke

& manager & board know it ... our captain asking for time

& patience thinks he’s being smart.. needs captaincy stripped

& dropping now.

Why would any Dons can call a sevconian "a bear"?

Bad enough one of ours calling them "Rangers" but " bear" is even worse.

Btw I agree about stripping the captaincy but not about dropping him. Our contract offer to him should have had a cut off point of 1st March so that if he came back to us saying he wants to stay ( unlikely I know) then we would be negotiating from a stronger starting point.

Let's get this one back to the top. What's everyone's views for tonight? Same team as Saturday? Any ideas on GMS or McGinn's fitness? If availabe, I'd take GMS in for McLennan and if he's not interested then ditch him at half time. Otherwise probably the same 11, and definitely the same formation (4 at the back). Wilson looked like he did some actual work, so give him a wee chance to show what he can do again and perhaps ditch him for McGinn at half time (a lot of half time subs!) if he's pish. I always think that Wilson might produce a belter fae nowhere, despite the fact that he's been lazy, pish and uninterested because he scored a peach at Hamilton.

Also, any idea if the game will be shown on Red TV or anywhere else? Or are we to be dictated to by UEFA due to some horseshite tournament that all fitba fans must surely watch?

Let's get this one back to the top. What's everyone's views for tonight? Same team as Saturday? Any ideas on GMS or McGinn's fitness? If availabe, I'd take GMS in for McLennan and if he's not interested then ditch him at half time. Otherwise probably the same 11, and definitely the same formation (4 at the back). Wilson looked like he did some actual work, so give him a wee chance to show what he can do again and perhaps ditch him for McGinn at half time (a lot of half time subs!) if he's pish. I always think that Wilson might produce a belter fae nowhere, despite the fact that he's been lazy, pish and uninterested because he scored a peach at Hamilton.

Also, any idea if the game will be shown on Red TV or anywhere else? Or are we to be dictated to by UEFA due to some horseshite tournament that all fitba fans must surely watch?

I'd start off with the team that started the second half at Parkhead on Saturday. For me we looked more solid with Campbell in the team than Wilson, but Wilson is paid to score goals not stop them at the other end and we will need an outlet. We need to be strong down the flanks, we were fortunate that in the first game they tried to hit us down the left hand side with Candias with Kent quiet all game, or fairly quiet, but for me when he has the ball and runs at us it causes us problems, hopefully Ball can put in another excellent shift at RB tonight.

I do feel we blew our chance at Pittodrie, but we can usually pull off a result when up against it, so hopingfor a result tonight.

We have had a few hard games recently so hopefully the players who play tonight have enough in the tank to see us into the semi.

1-0 A Dom Ball screamer.