Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - QOTS - SC - Sun 330pm

We're into the next round, that's a positive. QOTS were well organised, and add to that, our lethargy and lack of intent made it look relatively comfortable for them up until we scored. Absolutely the right call to replace May and bring on McGinn, Stevie May has not delivered, it's that simple, he offers nothing apart from energy, perhaps needs to be accepted now.

Anyway, McGinn getting a lot of plaudits, and rightly so, but for me, Tommie Hoban was the MOTM, he defended well, oozes composure and clearly has class, and he even drove forward a number of times trying to instigate something, he was head and shoulders above everyone else today.

Stephen Dobbie deserves a mention, that was an amazing strike, he wasn't in the game at all, but that was a moment of sheer class.

Also, I thought it was a stonewall penalty, he moves his arms into an unnatural position and yes, it hits his ribs first, but then comes off his arm, clear penalty. Some might disagree, and certainly the " Pundits " disagree.

Hope the draw is kind to us, because after Stenhousemuir and then for large parts today, a better team would have punished us more, very unlike us those performances.

Our dodgy penalty cost me £120 as had £12 on 3-1 at (10/1).  Gary Mackay-Steven missing his against Hibernian last week did me over for £264 as also had £12 on 3-1 Easter Road (22/1).  I get so frustrated at how some of my selections go down with us.  Beginning to think I'm cursed.  Predicted six goals in Manchester City versus Chelsea game except did £10 (50/1) on 4-2 not 6-0!!!

Comfortable in the end, but wasn't so till we scored . Good to see Niall doing well when he came on, real game changer. Dobbie's goal for them was a thing of beauty & we are all fearing the worst at that point.

Good to see big Andy C scoring that 2nd .

Poor crowd considering the nice weather (mind you, got baltic later on ).  Liking the look of Tommy Hoban at the back & good to see Devlin come back in.  Tricky tie out the way, another home tie please. :thumbsup:

Hoban doesn't deserve to be dropped when Devlin is fully fit and McKenna serves his suspension. A proper dilemma for the manager, unless he goes to a 3 at the back, which from memory, hasn't served us too well. The man is clearly a talent. Could argue that Logan might get dropped at Hoban could go to RB, maybe give Shay the kick up the arse he's needing, as he's certainly regressing on the pitch, but he's still a good RB, just needs to rediscover his consistency.

We were shit first half, no positives really to take from it, but what a difference McGinn makes when he is up for it, one goal and two assists is a fair return for 45 minutes. I still think his legs have gone, but he still has a great brain and still offers a hell of a lot more end product than GMS, who I have no idea why he gets a start every game. Another one I am having an issue with at the moment is Ferguson, just not seeing much from him at all, I reckon he will be a great player, but possibly had too much game time this season and to think if he came through our ranks he possibly wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, McInnes can be a very strange manager at times.

I thought the penalty decision was poor after viewing it on TV, noway should it have been a pen, but they usually even themselves out, unless its the huns. Dobbies goal was a thing of beauty and when he scored it I had just said to my son before it he had been starved of chances all afternoon to show what he could do.

I was in the Mainer for this one and have to say it is not a great place to view the game from, disapointed with the crowd though, looked a poor one.

We were shit first half, no positives really to take from it, but what a difference McGinn makes when he is up for it, one goal and two assists is a fair return for 45 minutes. I still think his legs have gone, but he still has a great brain and still offers a hell of a lot more end product than GMS, who I have no idea why he gets a start every game. Another one I am having an issue with at the moment is Ferguson, just not seeing much from him at all, I reckon he will be a great player, but possibly had too much game time this season and to think if he came through our ranks he possibly wouldn't be anywhere near the first team, McInnes can be a very strange manager at times.

I thought the penalty decision was poor after viewing it on TV, noway should it have been a pen, but they usually even themselves out, unless its the huns. Dobbies goal was a thing of beauty and when he scored it I had just said to my son before it he had been starved of chances all afternoon to show what he could do.

I was in the Mainer for this one and have to say it is not a great place to view the game from, disapointed with the crowd though, looked a poor one.

If you took his goals out of the equation, you'd be hard pushed to remember a game where he actually played well for the majority of the 90 minutes. I think he's slow, takes too long in possession, gives away ridiculous fouls, misplaces passes and offers little creativity. What he does do well though, is get in peoples faces and he's somewhat of an aerial threat. He will become a very good player, I have no doubt about that, he's just very much like Cosgrove was initially, in where he's rough around the edges. If you honestly removed the goals he's scored, nobody would be talking about him, but he did score them, so I applaud him for that.

I do think McInnes has overused him though, if that makes sense. There have been times when the boy was breathing out of his arse and could barely get around the pitch, you're saying to yourself, time for Ball or Gleeson to replace him, but never happens, then there was the December fixtures, ample opportunities to bench him, but again, never happened.

I think he'll blossom into a solid Central Midfielder, he's only 19, I am not having a personal dig at him ( before anyone pipes in that I am ) I am just saying what I see.

Stunning finish from McGinn and even more so from dobbie. We're through, that's all that matters.

What a 45 from McGinn, you know the first half had to be when it was only 1/4 of the red TV highlights.

Not quite sure how Cosgrove missed that chance for his hattrick mind. Seemed like the footballer we saw when we first signed him.

Just hope we get a decent tie, preferably at home

Actually thought Ferguson was the best of our midfielders yesterday ( till McGinn's entrance obviously). But absolutely concur that DM has overplayed him, as said by KFP it was blatantly obvious in December that his form had dipped and was in desperate need of a break but he was left in until suspension kicked in.

Shinnie was poor by his own standards yesterday, loads of misplaced passes and mix ups with team mates. GMS well off the pace too.

However in the draw tonight which I guess is all that matters. We've had it easy so far so fully expect a harder draw this time. Celtic away would probably be the corrupt SFA's tie of choice given their quest to land sevco their very first senior trophy but they'd probably accept us getting Hearts at Tynecastle, sevco/Killie at home to Partick, Hibs home to Caley/County and Yinited home to the Dhims¹.

Hopefully my predictions will have cursed the draw and it's us who end up getting the caravan dwellers :thumbsup:

Actually thought Ferguson was the best of our midfielders yesterday ( till McGinn's entrance obviously). But absolutely concur that DM has overplayed him, as said by KFP it was blatantly obvious in December that his form had dipped and was in desperate need of a break but he was left in until suspension kicked in.

Shinnie was poor by his own standards yesterday, loads of misplaced passes and mix ups with team mates. GMS well off the pace too.

I agree. A lot of industry from Shinnie, but passing was poor. Ferguson was poor too though. He does need a break, but I can see why McInnes is wary about dropping him given the cover. If Gleeson improved I think it'd be no bother. Ferguson's work rate is far superior to Gleeson's (although given game time it may improve). Again, it goes back to poor recruitment. Campbell isn't quite there yet either.

However in the draw tonight which I guess is all that matters. We've had it easy so far so fully expect a harder draw this time. Celtic away would probably be the corrupt SFA's tie of choice given their quest to land sevco their very first senior trophy but they'd probably accept us getting Hearts at Tynecastle, sevco/Killie at home to Partick, Hibs home to Caley/County and Yinited home to the Dhims¹.

Hopefully my predictions will have cursed the draw and it's us who end up getting the caravan dwellers :thumbsup:

The tims will have an easy draw whoever they play because they're better than everyone else. The huns will also be favourite in each of their possible ties (outside the tims). We may suggest a fixed draw but the reality is - other than perhaps keeping the huns and tims apart - there is no need to fix a draw. 

Would rather have faced them in the final whoever it is. If sevco prevail, I think they could beat either us or Celtic but not both of us in the same cup competition. Home tie though so really can't complain. Celtic at Hibs is a great draw though not sure Hivs new manager will be quite as adventurous against them as old popcorn teeth.

Big winners in the draw are hearts who get the weakest side left yet again and are guaranteed 3 of us sevco Killie Hibs and Celtic won't be in the semis