Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January window

Naismith will be back for Hearts on Saturday. He only didn't play against Livi because of the plastic pitch. Djoum will be suspended though which is good news.

Celtic have definitely regressed of that there is no doubt. Self inflicted by not having a replacement signed for Dembele leaving them hopelessly short up front, compounded by the Griffiths situation, also failing to meet Hivs valuation on John McGinn.....an extra £500k and he would have been their player (and in turn Christie would have been ours.....bastards).

However talk of us mounting a challenge is just pie in the sky. Even adding 3 players......a striker, a number 10 and a right wing back/winger, Celtic will fill the vacancies in their squad with players of far better quality than we will. They will continue to suffer the odd defeat away from home (I don't think sevco will beat them all season, we might once) but come season's end they will be at very least 12-15 points ahead of the team in second place. Slippy G will ship out a few of his duds and sevco will give him some more cash to spend on the never never.......if they contrive not to finish second it really should be a sackable offence but he would cost a fortune to punt so will be allowed to continue into next season whatever.

We certainly won't finish second again with the current squad.....but with the 3 additions I mentioned it might just be realistic..on the number 10 it would appear Hivs are making Allan their top target for January.....really hope the board allow DM to push the boat out a bit to get him on board

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would still like us to whack in a £750k offer for Lowe if McKenna gets sold in January. No idea if Derby would bite nor if the player himself would be willing to join up but I think the question should at least be asked.

If we got lucky I have no doubt we would be sitting on a £5million asset within a year.

However I have a horrible suspicion that we might instead find the grass incoming from sevco.....

McInnes confirmed that Lowe is going back to Derby in January.

Always the danger when using the loan market. As him going back was always a possibility I would hope we another player lined up as a replacement and do not plan to try and muddle through with Considine at left back until the end of Season.

Always the danger when using the loan market. As him going back was always a possibility I would hope we another player lined up as a replacement and do not plan to try and muddle through with Considine at left back until the end of January.

Hoban due back very soon if memory serves, and he's played one or two games at LB for us I believe, so there is always that option as well, me personally, I'd like to see us test the resolve of Killie and put in a bid for their LB Greg Taylor, only 21, so plenty of potential, but is having another good season so far. Or, if worse comes to worse, even stick Shinnie back there and bring in a CDM? That's extremely unlikely but it's another option.

Hoban due back very soon if memory serves, and he's played one or two games at LB for us I believe, so there is always that option as well, me personally, I'd like to see us test the resolve of Killie and put in a bid for their LB Greg Taylor, only 21, so plenty of potential, but is having another good season so far. Or, if worse comes to worse, even stick Shinnie back there and bring in a CDM? That's extremely unlikely but it's another option.

It's an interesting one but a definite step backwards if we don't bring in a replacement. Sign of ambition if Andy becomes left back again. We have two choices, sign a left back or a central mid and punt Shinnie back there ......if he's not gone in the Jan window too. I'd say it's cheaper to sign a quality left bakc than a quality central mid, and I do like the idea of signing the Killie boy.

Hoban is due back in January but given his track record with injury and fact he is a centre half I would not want just to rely on him.

Always the danger when using the loan market. As him going back was always a possibility I would hope we another player lined up as a replacement and do not plan to try and muddle through with Considine at left back until the end of Season.

I think you may find that this scenario will happen, with big Andy taking over at lb & Devlin after break, slotting in at ch,  Considine has been really effective in his best position but unforunately doesn't have the pace now for a full back.

So have their been any murmurings on who we might look to get in? I know DM likes to keep his cards close to his chest but would be interesting whether the upturn in recent form has changed his mind on some areas. As Jute says, I don't want consi at left back for the rest of the season, not fair on him nor the others. He's performed well at CB