Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January window

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great hearing Max Lowe post match saying he's loving it here and wants to get another 6 months sorted  :thumbsup:

Whilst I would love that to happen, this is patently outwith his control and rumours abound that Derby are wanting him back as they have two left backs out with long term injuries.

Whilst I would love that to happen, this is patently outwith his control and rumours abound that Derby are wanting him back as they have two left backs out with long term injuries.

No rumours both Olsen and Forsyth who are Derby's usual left backs have knee injuries. Olsen is expected back before the end of the season and Forsyth is just waiting confirmation that his season is over.

No rumours both Olsen and Forsyth who are Derby's usual left backs have knee injuries. Olsen is expected back before the end of the season and Forsyth is just waiting confirmation that his season is over.

well, that's a bit shit isn't it? Hopefully they forget about him and decide to get someone else in...

What ever happened to Souleymane Coulibaly? Meant to be going to Thistle late summer, did that happen? Was a stud at Killie, can't be that bad now...

IIRC  he was at an Egyptian club and left of his own accord and there is some doubtr over registration and is compensation is due, until it's sorted don't think clubs want to take the risk of being liable

Checked up on Wiki.....Egyptian FA refused to grant international clearance in August. FIFA granted a temporary certificate in October allowing him to play for Thistle but there is no word on the £1.4 MILLION compo FIFA instructed him to pay to Al Ahly in April being rescinded. (shoulda gone to Hunsavers)

Just took a quick look at Hivs.net to see if their fans had any ITK about Scott Allan and if Hivs were still interested. What I did see is that popcorn teeth has apparently ased their board to push the boat out to get Shinnie in on a pre contract in January, making him their highest paid player ever.

Sources appear to be an ex player and a manager with some connection to Blackpool  ???

Make of it what you will. I'm certain he is for the off (and I've stated where I think to).......even if this story is true a lower level English Championship club will be able to comfortably top it by £2-3k/week

Shinnie ain't going to hibs and I would have Allan in a heartbeat

This. No danger he'd leave us to go anywhere except outside Scotland. I can see him at Rangers when he returns to Scotland but not directly from us.

If Hibs can afford him than so can we. Hibs is a sideways step and that's putting it politely. 

Yep Steven Caulker. For some reason triggered a release clause in his contract on deadline day back in August but remains without a club. Supposedly back in April Dundee threw out what would have been a record transfer fee received from Rosenborg. Bet they wish they'd cashed in now.

Yep Steven Caulker. For some reason triggered a release clause in his contract on deadline day back in August but remains without a club. Supposedly back in April Dundee threw out what would have been a record transfer fee received from Rosenborg. Bet they wish they'd cashed in now.

If we cash in on McKenna Caulker would be a good replacement IMO. Nae convinced he'll come back up the road. Sounds like he didn't enjoy being very far up north in Great Britain.  ::)

Has a Scottish granny and could still play for Scotland as his 1 England cap was in a friendly. He did look decent at Dundee but think he's got a whole cupboard full of personal issues that would put DM off. I wouldn't mind the boy Kerr from Dundee as a replacement if/when McKenna gets flogged to the highest bidder.

You would have to think Reynolds would get released in summer at the end of his contract. Shaughnessy would be decent cover and relatively cheap but doubt he'd come back unless he was first choice.

Interesting article in the EE about DM and our misfiring strikers. Cosgrove has scored 2, as has Wilson and Anderson, with May have just the one. However, I don't recall these guys missing a ton of chances. Given the fact that much of their service has been long high ball and chase, far from ideal. You can argue they don't make the runs or aren't in the right place at the right time.....although I don't think Anderson has been given a real chance yet......but my issue is our midfield. We need a center mid to dictate games and create, and that is my number one priority if we sign in the January window. We're so weak in center mid that that is where my money would go first.

Doesn't appear Dylan McGeouch is killing it at Sunderland, worth a look??

McGeouch is supposedly on £8k/week down there so it would need to be heavily subsidised to start with. But I doubt Sunderland nor the player himself would be ready to give up on it down there just yet and anyway to my mind is too similar in style to Shinnie/Ball/ Gleeson/Ferguson. It's more a right winger/wing back we require......Chris Cadden would be my choice but even that comes second to getting in a proper number 10.

Interesting article in the EE about DM and our misfiring strikers. Cosgrove has scored 2, as has Wilson and Anderson, with May have just the one. However, I don't recall these guys missing a ton of chances. Given the fact that much of their service has been long high ball and chase, far from ideal. You can argue they don't make the runs or aren't in the right place at the right time.....although I don't think Anderson has been given a real chance yet......but my issue is our midfield. We need a center mid to dictate games and create, and that is my number one priority if we sign in the January window. We're so weak in center mid that that is where my money would go first.

Doesn't appear Dylan McGeouch is killing it at Sunderland, worth a look??

Agree in general here, I think Anderson would thrive with a partner, but I don't think he's ready to play the Lone Striker yet. McLennan played up front with Anderson in the Reserves, both scored for fun, mainly Anderson, as he's clearly a natural finisher.

But you are correct, it is how we are set up that is affecting our Strikers, May had MacLean with him at St Johnstone and was more useful, but his time here has been utterly abysmal because he's chasing long balls into channels which is taking him away from the penalty box, but it's got to the stage with him that he doesn't back himself to score now, his confidence is gone for me and he's our " least likely to score " Striker if that makes sense. None of us really know anything about Wilson, he's shown brief flashes of brilliance, but nowhere near enough and I think he's accepted his career is probably in decline and that he won't be staying at Man U when his contract expires. Cosgrove is just a lump, he's decent at taking the ball in and involving those around him, but he's not a Lone Striker either, and again, not sure he backs himself in front of goal either.

If I was McInnes and I was trying to make us more of a threat in and around the box, I'd play 2 Strikers, Cosgrove and Anderson. In my opinion, they would compliment each other quite well.