Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If (when) we don't sell all our tickets for this one it'll be hard to complain about future allocations. For the club to stand up for the fans - for once - and argue for more than initially allocated, and be given more, and then not get the support of the fans is pretty poor.

I believe this will be the way forward until Aberdeen and the rest of the SPFL clubs come to their senses regarding the bias regarding Celtic and Rangers. With total TV coverage these days no need to travel down on a Sunday to Glasgow and watch your club play anymore. Is the lack of tickets sales down to fans making a statement or just an excuse not to travel, I don't really know but I can see it getting worse due to fan apathy in the future.

I believe this will be the way forward until Aberdeen and the rest of the SPFL clubs come to their senses regarding the bias regarding Celtic and Rangers. With total TV coverage these days no need to travel down on a Sunday to Glasgow and watch your club play anymore. Is the lack of tickets sales down to fans making a statement or just an excuse not to travel, I don't really know but I can see it getting worse due to fan apathy in the future.

I disagree with that.  If the club took any notice of fan feeling they'd have known a lot of people were getting sick and tired of the game and unlikely to travel.  I've not missed a Dons game at Hampden for decades but due to the way the SPFL and SFA are acting towards the club, I'm not putting a penny into their competition.  I feel bad that I'm not going, but there's no way I'm funding the SPFL.  If we get to the final there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't get a 50/50 split.  The attendance at the semi shouldn't be a factor

If (when) we don't sell all our tickets for this one it'll be hard to complain about future allocations. For the club to stand up for the fans - for once - and argue for more than initially allocated, and be given more, and then not get the support of the fans is pretty poor.

Apologies, this was post I meant to quote above

Apologies, this was post I meant to quote above

If people aren't going to the semi as some kind of anti spfl or sfa thing then that's their right. But to shift maybe 15,000 tickets for a semi and expect 23,000 for the final is a bit rich - presumably those same people will continue their "protest" for the final anyway?

If people aren't going to the semi as some kind of anti spfl or sfa thing then that's their right. But to shift maybe 15,000 tickets for a semi and expect 23,000 for the final is a bit rich - presumably those same people will continue their "protest" for the final anyway?

A cup final is completely different and assuming there's sufficient demand, then a 50/50 split is correct, regardless of how many attended the semi.  I'm not having a protest, I'm just sick to the bones of the way we get treated by the authorities in this country and refuse to fund their competition.  I hope we get to the final and get a 50pc split on tickets, but even if we do, I'll give it a miss.

It should always be a 50/50 split, with the understanding that if one team can't sell out their allocation then the other team has an option to obtain more.

It doesn't matter what club it is, there will always be more 'fans' looking for tickets for cup finals or the big meaningful games than most of the meaningless games, that's always been the fickle nature of football in general not just Aberdeen.  We didn't even sell out Pittodrie for our next home game after we took 40000+ fans to Parkhead for the League Cup final in 2014.

It's a supposedly neutral venue. Therefore the initial ticket allocation should reflect this. Only after a deadline for ticket sales has passed, should the imbalance be addressed.

To do otherwise makes it a home match for the side with more tickets.

We went through this nonsense for the infamous 2000 cup final, when the hordes received more tickets and turned up wearing orange I seem to recall.

It seems the authorities or The Rangers can't get this fair concept of neutrality through their neanderthal sculls.

Bullshit. Have you seen our allocation of tickets? We get nothing in the North stand, we get half of a stand that has a decent view, plus 13K tickets in a stand with a shite view that no-one should be buying in. We're being sold substandard tickets in a venue fucking miles away. The huns get about 16K of tickets with a prime view and lo and behold they get sold immediately. Somebody earlier in the thread compared Hertz at Murrayfield, but we'd have sold much more than our Hampden sales by now if we were playing there. Sounds to me like we've sold our tickets for the good area and not for the shite area.

A fair allocation would have seen huns in the South and West and us in the East and North. We'd have had 12K or so of good seats and 10-12K of shite seats. The shite seats unsold could be given back to the hun SFA for sale to the hun huns.

It really is as simple as saying we're being offered a second class seat - still at a shite time for travel - and expecting people to attend. If we can take 13-14K, that would be a great achievement. Our final ticket allocation - unlikely as it is to be required - should not be affected by that. It's like giving a kid a mouldy carrot for main course and then denying them pudding because they didnae finish it.

Bullshit. Have you seen our allocation of tickets? We get nothing in the North stand, we get half of a stand that has a decent view, plus 13K tickets in a stand with a shite view that no-one should be buying in. We're being sold substandard tickets in a venue fucking miles away. The huns get about 16K of tickets with a prime view and lo and behold they get sold immediately. Somebody earlier in the thread compared Hertz at Murrayfield, but we'd have sold much more than our Hampden sales by now if we were playing there. Sounds to me like we've sold our tickets for the good area and not for the shite area.

A fair allocation would have seen huns in the South and West and us in the East and North. We'd have had 12K or so of good seats and 10-12K of shite seats. The shite seats unsold could be given back to the hun SFA for sale to the hun huns.

It really is as simple as saying we're being offered a second class seat - still at a shite time for travel - and expecting people to attend. If we can take 13-14K, that would be a great achievement. Our final ticket allocation - unlikely as it is to be required - should not be affected by that. It's like giving a kid a mouldy carrot for main course and then denying them pudding because they didnae finish it.

I don't for a minute disagree that we're treated as second class citizens when it comes to the arrangements, and, indeed, football as a whole. However, you either go to see and support your team, enjoy the atmosphere and hopefully celebrate a win. If people aren't going to the game because they can't get the best seat in the house then the TV companies have definitely won.

There's some list of excuses why people aren't buying tickets, from your suggested "I don't want to sit in a shite seat" to others' "the SFA/SPFL are all Hun bastards" when the reality is that people aren't going because they're not really that interested and/or they expect us to get beat.

I don't for a minute disagree that we're treated as second class citizens when it comes to the arrangements, and, indeed, football as a whole. However, you either go to see and support your team, enjoy the atmosphere and hopefully celebrate a win. If people aren't going to the game because they can't get the best seat in the house then the TV companies have definitely won.

There's some list of excuses why people aren't buying tickets, from your suggested "I don't want to sit in a shite seat" to others' "the SFA/SPFL are all Hun bastards" when the reality is that people aren't going because they're not really that interested and/or they expect us to get beat.

That last bit is simply untrue.  It's all well and good your romantic description of everyone uniting to support the team but there's people like me who have simply had enough of being treated as second class due to the Glasgow FA pandering to their beloved brothers.  I'm sick of the SPFL and SFA and won't fund them

The North Stand should have been a 50/50 split.

Concession tickets should have been made available in the North Stand.

If I take the grandson behind the goal he will see fuck all.

He would see next to fuck all if everyone remained seated.

If I go to the front row to avoid people standing then he might get a view of the goalies arse.

If I was a 70 year old mannie that can't afford a full price ticket then the same applies.

So

Half the North stand with the front 10 rows (or whatever) reserved for auld mannies and folk with kids.

It's not difficult is it?

SIT DOON!

The North Stand should have been a 50/50 split.

Concession tickets should have been made available in the North Stand.

If I take the grandson behind the goal he will see fuck all.

He would see next to fuck all if everyone remained seated.

If I go to the front row to avoid people standing then he might get a view of the goalies arse.

If I was a 70 year old mannie that can't afford a full price ticket then the same applies.

So

Half the North stand with the front 10 rows (or whatever) reserved for auld mannies and folk with kids.

It's not difficult is it?

SIT DOON!

The reason I suggested the whole of the North stand for us is because it's smaller than the South. We basically split the 50-50 North-East v South-West (or North-West v South-East if preferred).

I sympathise with the idea that there might not be a full dons support and I think that the additional hun should be catered for if we send back tickets. We get the good view of the North and one of the ends and the tickets we don't sell in the ends get given back to the hun with appropriate segregation. The problem with splitting down the middle is that you end up with an empty part of the stadium between the dons fans in the South and those in the North and we should be amicable to a full stadium (just as ICT were at Parkhead). So it has to be one full wing each as those are the stands that are available.

... the reality is that people aren't going because they're not really that interested and/or they expect us to get beat.

I accept that point of view, and I do think that there's a large element of our support who would only have attended if we were likely to win (see ICT). However there is still a signifcant number who won't be going because of the second class seat allocation.

Put it this way - and bearing in mind how much of a superfan I am - if Tamzarian had text (whatsapp ken, it's the 21st century) me to say that he could only get tickets to the right of section I-1 below, I'd have told him not to bother. I just wouldn't have bought tickets for such a shite seat. Anyone going online to purchase would be faced with that too, and I would say it is a lot to ask folk to look past.

2wn23hy.gif

The Scottish Professional Football League has written to Aberdeen to voice anger at the club's refusal to sell League Cup semi-final tickets block by block, which would have allowed unsold tickets to be sold to Rangers fans. The Dons have sold 10,000 tickets from their allocation of 20,300 amid fears that unsold tickets could cost the four semi-finalists a cut of an additional six-figure sum.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-another-collision-furious-spfl-13428463

It has started already.

Bring it on.

What a fucking shame for the SPFL and the 10.000 Sevco fans  :wave:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-another-collision-furious-spfl-13428463

It has started already.

Bring it on.

What a fucking shame for the SPFL and the 10.000 Sevco fans  :wave:

Aye, good on the club again.

Pity no-one wants to buy the shite seats/the trains aren't running on time/I hate the HunFA but won't go help the team try beat them etc  ;)

In all seriousness, it's great that Milne (Cormack?) seems to have grown a backbone but unfortunate, and short-sighted, that the board didn't wake up before a large portion of the support had thrown in the towel.

Will be interesting to see if the completely unbiased Scottish media will support the Dons or take the side of the SPFL and the Sevco fans on this one.

Aberdeen have played a blinder on this one regardless of the attendance.  :thumbsup:

I have no desire to do any research on how many tickets we have already sold or how many we will sell. On here and on the hat the consensus view is we have sold around 12-13k. But on Abmad there's a guy who has posted that we've already sold 15k and backs it up with some facts and figures....whether these are genuine I've no idea but FWIW i think we will get fairly close to selling out our allocation....within 1500 or so....especially if we have a good result against Fartz at the weekend.

Aberdeen have played a blinder on this one regardless of the attendance.  :thumbsup:

No they haven't. Two thirds of our allocation are for seats that have an unacceptably awful view. They should have insisted that we either be given half the North stand or all of it. We're now just cutting our nose off to spite our faces (correctly) without a public statement of why we're doing so. It's a fucking mess, and we'll be left with a smaller support as a result of it.

We should be making a public statement to say why we're not selling the tickets block by block and slating the SFA/SFPL on our allocation in the process. It's fucking obvious that the seats that are closer to the sides have the best view, and that they would sell before those in the centre of the ends.  This could all have been avoided, and we could still hand back some tickets to der Hun so that the overall semis pot could be higher. This is not an AFC issue, and the club should be making that very clear.

No they haven't. Two thirds of our allocation are for seats that have an unacceptably awful view. They should have insisted that we either be given half the North stand or all of it. We're now just cutting our nose off to spite our faces (correctly) without a public statement of why we're doing so. It's a fucking mess, and we'll be left with a smaller support as a result of it.

We should be making a public statement to say why we're not selling the tickets block by block and slating the SFA/SFPL on our allocation in the process. It's fucking obvious that the seats that are closer to the sides have the best view, and that they would sell before those in the centre of the ends.  This could all have been avoided, and we could still hand back some tickets to der Hun so that the overall semis pot could be higher. This is not an AFC issue, and the club should be making that very clear.

I may be wrong but am sure I read somewhere that Aberdeen asked for half the North stand but SPFL refused them that option to keep the huns onside.

Awaiting another Aberdeen statement to confirm or deny the D.R article is true or false.

While I agree with any fuck the Tribute Act actions I would say that if the numbers sold suggested in the Daily Ranger are correct then we can have absolutely no complaint if the SFA/SPFL slash our allocation for future games.

Yes we can. They have 15K of tickets in seats with an actual view. More than double. They've fucked us.