Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevco getting the whole of the North Stand is as good a reason for not going as I can imagine.

Correct. We've been thinking about this one for a few days and have decided not to go. Normally have a full bus load. Not this year.

Correct. We've been thinking about this one for a few days and have decided not to go. Normally have a full bus load. Not this year.

Snap.

The Scottish media will make a big thing of this if the Aberdeen fans fail to buy their allocation of the tickets but who cares anymore. Fans of other clubs have to stand up against this total disregard for all clubs in Scottish Football apart from the Glasgow Two.

Our club may suffer but they want a strong Sevco in the Scottish Premiership.

It'd be good if you - and others - wrote to the club letting them know yer reasons.

We should have got the whole of the North stand and one of the ends, they should have got the larger South and most of the other end. Then we could return by section in the shared end. We don't have enough seats with a proper view. We're being discriminated against. For not being weegie cunts.

There were 43,000 at Red Parkhead but it sounds we may struggle to see half that for this semi.

I reckon the biggest factor is most of us thought we would win that final but most think we will lose this.

Yep, I'd agree. Longevity since we were in a final, and the fact it was a final, too.

That shouldn't preclude us from being treated the same as our opponents though.

There is an argument that rather than 50/50, the ticket allocation should be shared based on the proportion of how many season tickets each club sells.

I look forward to them trying to implement that policy if it ends up being an OF final....

There is an argument that rather than 50/50, the ticket allocation should be shared based on the proportion of how many season tickets each club sells.

But there's a bigger argument for it being a neutral venue so all clubs participating should have a 50/50 split available to them unless they choose otherwise.

There is. It would be perfectly hunnish like.

I have no problem with the dons giving back tickets either, and expect them to do so. I do have an issue with being given a second rate viewing experience in comparison to the opposition in a neutral venue. I hope everyone refuses to buy seats in the East stand.

The SFA/SPFL and all the Scottish Media are praying for a Sevco V Celtic Cup final.

Let's just hope that Aberdeen V Hearts can do Scottish Football a favour and contest the Betfred Cup Final.

:thumbsup:

Do you think the they'd take their chance to give us the proddy end for that one?

Nah, neither do I.

There were 43,000 at Red Parkhead but it sounds we may struggle to see half that for this semi.

I reckon the biggest factor is most of us thought we would win that final but most think we will lose this.

Yip. We are at an obvious disadvantage anyway due to distance etc, but if we were flying and the huns were struggling, we would get a substantially bigger crowd than we're going to. Most of the people who post on here will be going, all things being equal etc, but for the people who dip in and out of football supporting - a lot of the folk at ParkRed, for example - it just won't do for them.

There'll also be those who have the view; "late kick off time, everyone's going to be steaming, it'll be carnage" (and we all pray that is indeed the case), and it'll put them off.

It's been 18 years since we last played a team called R*ng*rs at Hampden.  And we certainly owe them one from that day. Bring it on.

Well put as ever Bobby. I hope McInnes has the intelligence to try and use that day to motivate.

He doesn't have any intelligence and neither can he motivate, even though this is a basic, fundamental requirement of the job.

It was last century when I last saw us lose to the OF at Hampden and I've never missed Aberdeen winning against them there since I was at school, well over 40 years ago. We've lost plenty at Hampden since then but I chose not to go.

When I was a kid, I hated the stay-aways who only turned up for big games, filling Pittodrie on European nights, swelling Hampden for the finals but not turning up for the Motherwells and St Mirrens. I referred to them as glory-hunters.

This was because I didn't have a choice. I was an Aberdeen supporter and supporting your team is what we did, through thick and thin. After self employment 25 years ago and having a family etc. I find that I do have a choice on how to spend my time and my money. I enjoyed watching live football 3 or 4 times a month back then. I don't enjoy watching AFC 8 or 10 times a year now and I make a point of going to lower league football to supplement my addiction and scratch the itch. I'm definitely not a glory-hunter therefore and I look forward to the day when Aberdeen beat Celtic or Rangers at the national stadium and I wasn't there to see it. That hasn't happened since the 70's and it ain't happening in the upcoming semi either. Gerrard wants to win. McInnes wants to be in employment. Winners go for it. Jobsworths don't take risks.

Well put as ever Bobby. I hope McInnes has the intelligence to try and use that day to motivate.

If our players need to be motivated by the manager for this game against the Huns , we're fucked before the kick-off.

And McInnes is intelligent enough to know not to waste any time on a game that took place 18 years ago , that just about none of our squad will give a fuck about , to motivate them.  I hope he uses his time trying to organise the team to compete with and outplay the Huns.