Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

Celtic have a bit of a point as hearts used Murrayfield for 4 games last season whilst their newest pink bus shelter was being erected. and is only a short stroll under the railway away from Tynecastle. Although conveniently forgetting that their ground is only 1.5 miles from Hampden and that they used Hampden as a home ground themselves for a season albeit 20 odd years ago.

Drawing lots to see which tie gets played where seems the fairest way to do it but I think Plod Scotland will throw a spanner in the works and say they want our game at Hampden as it would be a logistical nightmare to police us and sevco arriving into Haymarket and trying to keep us separate on the walk out to Murrayfield.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic have a bit of a point as hearts used Murrayfield for 4 games last season whilst their newest pink bus shelter was being erected. and is only a short stroll under the railway away from Tynecastle. Although conveniently forgetting that their ground is only 1.5 miles from Hampden and that they used Hampden as a home ground themselves for a season albeit 20 odd years ago.

They maybe, kinda, somewhere have a point - although Hearts could argue that Celtic played four games at Hampden last season so it evened itself out...

Hearts v Celtic kick off at 12 at Murrayfield and our game half 3 at Hampden

That allows ample TV coverage if first game goes to extra time and penalties

I think Celtic have a legitimate gripe about playing at Murrayfield but as they didn't bother their arse about supporting Hearts' concerns with late kick off that is now nullified

I'm away to check if there are trains back to Aberdeen after 7pm on a Sunday night so everything is accounted for  ;)

Here is something else to throw in the mix.

The SPFL may also have to fork out £300,000 to the SRU to hire Murrayfield and it is not clear whether or not Hampden Park Limited will require compensation for the potential fixture loss.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3295909/spfl-murrayfield-betfred-cup-semi-finals/

You cannot make up this shit..... :laughing: :laughing:

Hearts' Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic has been moved to Murrayfield and will kick-off at 13:30 GMT on 28 October and Aberdeen v The Rangers will take place on the same day at Hampden at 16:30.

Or will Celtic put a stop to this new venue before it happens.  :confused:

Hearts' Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic has been moved to Murrayfield and will kick-off at 13:30 GMT on 28 October and Aberdeen v The Rangers will take place on the same day at Hampden at 16:30.

Or will Celtic put a stop to this new venue before it happens.  :confused:

KO time means 2 nights stayover in Glasgow...great.

Following a further planning meeting with the SPFL and all relevant parties at Hampden yesterday afternoon, the club can now confirm full ticketing information ahead of the Betfred League Cup Semi Final match against Rangers on Sunday 28th October, KO 4.30pm.

Aberdeen FC were initially allocated 16,800 tickets however, as a result of intensive negotiations we have now successfully secured a guaranteed allocation of 20,300 tickets for our supporters.

This will result in an increased number of premium tickets in the South Stand being available, alongside further tickets in the East Stand.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/10/semi-final-ticketing-arrangements/

Well done...Hope we get them all sold  :thumbsup:

So it took ‘intensive negotiations’ to ensure we’re only outnumbered by about 10,000?  :dunno:

Yep, ridiculous. Due to Hampden being a shite ground, we get offered 14,000 substandard seats and then questioned as to why we cannot sell them. We should be offered half the South, half the North and then continue to sell the East from the top down if we sell those. If there's not a full house then it's because Hampden is a shite venue - no other reason. Row 1 behind the goals is worse than watching in a pub where you can't see the TV. We'll not sell 20,300 because 20,300 people won't part with money to be treated like a second class citizen. It's not AFC's problem that Hampden is shite, so why do we start off with an unfair advantage because it is?

I'm certain I saw late last week that only around 44k of the 50k capacity is sold to fans of both teams. Around 6k is distributed by the SPFL and SFA to corporate sponsors etc. (it was said that the likelihood is a sizeable majority of these corporate fannies would be sevconians anyway so even if we got a 50/50 split we'd still end up outnumbered).

I take it sevco are getting the whole of the North stand. It stinks but absolutely no surprise.

I’ll be very happy (and surprised) if we sell 20k, but let’s be honest - how fucking good would it be to actually witness 30 thousand dejected Huns trudging towards the hampden exit with 15 minutes to go?! I’ve dreamt of that moment... ;D

Hope the red army rise to the occasion.

I’ll be very happy (and surprised) if we sell 20k, but let’s be honest - how fucking good would it be to actually witness 30 thousand dejected Huns trudging towards the hampden exit with 15 minutes to go?! I’ve dreamt of that moment... ;D

Hope the red army rise to the occasion.

95 LC semi final  :thumbsup:

Hearts have sold 5,000 tickets for their semi within the first hour of sales.

Good to see a support actually up for their semi-final.

It does help a bit when you are playing said semi a 400 yard stroll from your own home ground. Makes Hampdung look positively remote in comparison to the arse cheeks' home grounds.

The ridiculous decision to award the Huns more tickets than the Dons means that this is no longer a neutral venue. Spfl have added to the catalogue of what seems to be and comes across as anti Dons decisions.

No problem with the Huns receiving more tickets IF we can sell them, but to give them a bigger allocation straight off is blatant favouritism.

We fought hard and loud about this inequality in the past and once more, the blazers don't give a shit about anyone else other than their favoured teams. Blatant cheating and against the slogan of "fair play" that has been printed by football authorities for years.