Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

Kris Boyd on League Cup semi final arrangements :

“Aberdeen, especially, have a cheek. It’s the police who want their match with Rangers done and dusted because a minority among the Dons fans cannot behave themselves. Their hatred for Rangers is truly staggering.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3277362/aberdeen-rangers-kris-boyd/

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Aberdeen, especially, have a cheek. It’s the police who want their match with Rangers done and dusted because a minority among the Dons fans cannot behave themselves. Their hatred for Rangers is truly staggering.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3277362/aberdeen-rangers-kris-boyd/

Zero evidence for the police having said that at all. He won't have spoken to a police officer, or anyone at the SFA for this enlightened piece of information that he made up. We do hate the huns, obviously.

Zero evidence for the police having said that at all. He won't have spoken to a police officer, or anyone at the SFA for this enlightened piece of information that he made up. We do hate the huns, obviously.

Boyd is a fanny. Although he's right about your last sentance. And rightly so, vermin.

I actually thought this was a made up quote when I first read it - how the fuck can it be acceptable for a player currently playing in the SPFL to be allowed to make sweeping inflammatory statements like this without any repercussion!!

We can't "behave"? Like Rangers can? I don't recall AFC fans creating major havoc like they've done so frequently, including this/last month in Europe and Manchester being on the biggest scale in recent years.

He's right that we fucking detest them but if he had half a brain or was capable of critical thinking, it's really not "staggering" at all. It's his inability to examine the question why (we hate them) that leaves him perplexed and yet no-one likes them and they don't care apparently.

Boyd is a grade A fuckjob, a horrible disgusting human being.

We can't "behave"? Like Rangers can? I don't recall AFC fans creating major havoc like they've done so frequently, including this/last month in Europe and Manchester being on the biggest scale in recent years.

He's right that we fucking detest them but if he had half a brain or was capable of critical thinking, it's really not "staggering" at all. It's his inability to examine the question why (we hate them) that leaves him perplexed and yet no-one likes them and they don't care apparently.

Boyd is a grade A fuckjob, a horrible disgusting human being.

Nothing left to say on Sumo.

Rocket has said it all and very eloquently  :thumbsup:

Aberdeen and Hearts are up in arms over kick-off times, venues and no doubt the price of  pies at the national stadium.

Hopefully he’s nae going or there’ll be none left.

Boyd’s just a B&M Bargains version of Robbie Savage’s Primark version of, Minijc.

That article is the the very definition of click bait.

Plug heeded hun cunt.

Chief executive Duncan Fraser expects Aberdeen to get 50% of the tickets for the League Cup semi-final against The Rangers on 28 October.

Really have my doubts that Aberdeen will sell 50% of the tickets. A 50-50 allocation to start with but eventually Sevco will get the remaining unsold tckets.

Why is this still a thing? I thought that the default was 50-50 these days and that the club decide to return their allocation if they don't believe they can sell it. Looks like the press trying to move the story on from their fucked up semi-final day arrangements.

Why is this still a thing? I thought that the default was 50-50 these days and that the club decide to return their allocation if they don't believe they can sell it. Looks like the press trying to move the story on from their fucked up semi-final day arrangements.

Why do they have to return any they don't sell - couldn't the Club just take the hit, after all they wouldn't have budgeted for a semi-final appearance.

I actually thought this was a made up quote when I first read it - how the fuck can it be acceptable for a player currently playing in the SPFL to be allowed to make sweeping inflammatory statements like this without any repercussion!!

I suspect you're correct. I don't actually believe that Boyd said anything of the sort.

We're not half desperate to believe any old shite that the tabloids come out with when it suits our anti Rangers agenda.

And for the record I fucking hate them.

Why do they have to return any they don't sell - couldn't the Club just take the hit, after all they wouldn't have budgeted for a semi-final appearance.

Yes, they could. I think that they maybe did for the Tims game a couple of seasons ago. They paid for them all in advance to make sure we got the 50-50 split. I'm sure there were still a thousand or so to sell with a week to go? Could be wrong. They should pay for the 50% and then sue the SPFL for the balance of any not sold. Actually, I'd prefer that the club told them to go fuck their competition and just refused to play.

I suspect you're correct. I don't actually believe that Boyd said anything of the sort.

We're not half desperate to believe any old shite that the tabloids come out with when it suits our anti Rangers agenda.

And for the record I fucking hate them.

Boys is a paid columnist in The Sun. Of course he said it  :hammer:

Boys is a paid columnist in The Sun. Of course he said it  :hammer:

I think half the time they are being paid to allow the paper to put their name to the article and that the article itself is actually written by some apprenctice reporter. Thus the more controversial the article, the better chance the junior  hack has of actually getting a proper gig down the line

Some gadgie on twitter suggesting we didn't sell out our 2017 SC Final allocation, which I find hard to believe, given the club told me it was sold out and I got my tickets through other means.

Also someone else saying hibs started selling their allocations last year from the half way line so there could be no demand from the Tims for the unsold tickets.

I think half the time they are being paid to allow the paper to put their name to the article and that the article itself is actually written by some apprenctice reporter. Thus the more controversial the article, the better chance the junior  hack has of actually getting a proper gig down the line

Possibly some truth in that, but if Kris Boyd's opinion was wildly different from that then he wouldn't have put his name to it.

It's all pantomime though, being a baddie gets your name out there, gets clicks and retweets and sells papers.

Talks are to take place over a potential rethink of Scotland's League Cup semi-finals.

Police Scotland and the SPFL are expected to reopen discussions over the ties, which are due to take place at Hampden on Sunday, October 28.

Rangers are scheduled to play Aberdeen at 12pm, with Celtic due to face Hearts later in the day at 7.45pm.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1431496-rethink-over-plans-for-scottish-league-cup-semi-finals/

Mmmmmm

From Twitter:

The Dons have been offered an initial allocation of 15 thousand tickets for their semi final against Rangers at Hampden. Rangers have been allocated 25 thousand with the promise of more if Aberdeen cannot sell all of their allocation.

I really hope this tweet is a lot of shit, most likely it is.

From Twitter:

The Dons have been offered an initial allocation of 15 thousand tickets for their semi final against Rangers at Hampden. Rangers have been allocated 25 thousand with the promise of more if Aberdeen cannot sell all of their allocation.

I really hope this tweet is a lot of shit, most likely it is.

Haven't they pulled this shit before? Like the idea of doing what hibs allegedly did, although I doubt our club has the balls nor the willpower to do it. The Scottish game really does try to make it hard for you to like it. Which is incredibly frustrating because we've got a good thing.