Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

Just seen a valid point made on another forum. If  (ok when) we go a couple of goals up there is a very good chance the sevconians won't be in a very celebratory mood. In such circumstances the nearest lavatorial facilities tend to end up smashed to smithereens. And if that happens the second semi cannot go ahead.

Let's hope we put 5 past the c@nts so the great unwashed do an extra special job and leave the brains trust at the SPFL with egg all over their smug faces.

Or alternatively, as raised on another form, stage a peaceful protest (sit in) after the game.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or alternatively, as raised on another form, stage a peaceful protest (sit in) after the game.

That's a really dumb idea that would only be perpetrated by dumb cunts thereby making AFC look dumb. If we got beat. Who the fuck could be arsed sitting for an hour or more after a game after a defeat, particularly from them?

On the other hand, if we won...

Nah, who the fuck could be arsed sitting for an hour or more when there are pubs to celebrate in and huns to wind up?

There are more imaginative options available. It just takes cunts with imagination to think it through.

But what's the fucking problem anyway? Getting out of bed at 7 or 8 a.m. never hurt nae cunt.

The thought of several thousand dandies celebrating, while disgruntled Huns drown their sorrows, and a mix of enthusiastic hearts and Celtic fans loosen up prior to their match, in the same bars across Glasgow city centre.....I find the whole thing quite exciting!  :rofl:

Weighing up my options, might be a weekend in Edinburgh for me, easy commute through to Glasgow Sunday morning, relatively safe celebrations in the capital city after the game. This is the best draw we could have had, Rangers are on good form but they will come a cropper - it’s coming soon. October 28th.  :thumbsup:

That's a really dumb idea that would only be perpetrated by dumb cunts thereby making AFC look dumb.

Why would that be?

It's evidently clear that having club representation and responding with letters / in the media to say the decision is appalling gains no traction.

A peaceful protest, visible, potentially impacting the next game to be scheduled there would certainly gain visibility.

What would your suggestion be?

Apathy, Acceptance, just bend over and accept the consequences?

If we got beat. Who the fuck could be arsed sitting for an hour or more after a game after a defeat, particularly from them?

On the other hand, if we won...

Nah, who the fuck could be arsed sitting for an hour or more when there are pubs to celebrate in and huns to wind up?

The suggestion had nothing to do with the result

There are more imaginative options available. It just takes cunts with imagination to think it through.

I'm keen to hear your suggestions

But what's the fucking problem anyway? Getting out of bed at 7 or 8 a.m. never hurt nae cunt.

Getting up at 8 a.m. would not be sufficient for some (including myself) to get there in time.

Possibly doable at 7 a.m. but this also means driving, with a lack of public transport to get there, it invariably means driving and inability to partake in some liquid refreshments.

We have to give our team the best backing we can. The 12.00 kick off will not bother our players one little bit. The only thing we all want is a win against Sevco. The SPFL have never cared about any other clubs other than Celtic and Sevco so it is no surprise to me that our kick off time is 1200. The silence from Sevco and Celtic is deafening.

We have to give our team the best backing we can. The 12.00 kick off will not bother our players one little bit. The only thing we all want is a win against Sevco. The SPFL have never cared about any other clubs other than Celtic and Sevco so it is no surprise to me that our kick off time is 1200. The silence from Sevco and Celtic is deafening.

Why would they? As is the norm, they are effectively both handed home ties in a cup semi final. Their fans have the inconvenience of having to travel no more that 3 miles from their own ground....in Celtic's case only 1.5 miles. Fans of all other clubs are expected to suck it up and treat it as a nice day out. The SPFL/SFA don't really give a shit about all the other clubs. Every season, in both cup competitions, they want to see a Celtic v sevco final.

This was the main reason I wanted Hampden razed to the ground and in ideal circumstances, a new national stadium built in the Falkirk/Stirling vicinity. Or second best, using Murrayfield.

It's an interesting one like. They've shoe-horned themselves into a contract (I assume until the end of the season?) with Hampden being the only venue they can choose and this appears to be their work around. The question is that with Hampden soon to be under SFA control, would the same problem have occurred? I think that it would. Aberdeen are very much an afterthought, and if they can appease the scum then they're sorted. Zero press headlines (maybe one or two), zero hassle. If, alternatively, we'd have asked one of the cunts (whoever has a home euro match if applicable) to play on the Saturday at 19:45 (for example, to give them a full two days recovery) there would have been an uproar that would have lasted days in the press. There'd have been calls for sackings or resignations. Neither sets of support would have been inconvenienced.

The best solution would have been to switch the Hearts v Celtic Tynecastle fixture in February with the Celtic v Hearts fixture at the beginning of November. Then switch the semi with the new November Hearts v Celtic fixture. Thus you have a league game between Hearts and Celtic on our semi-final Sunday (which could have been at 2 or 3pm) in Edinburgh, followed by the semi at hampden between them the following Saturday at 1pm (or whatever time required for TV). Leaving the remaining Celtic v Hearts fixture to be played in February. There would have been no re-arrangements for supporters (I doubt tickets for the Celtic v Hertz game are on sale yet), the dons v huns would be on at a decent time and there would not have been two games in weegieville at the same time. Simple, I'd have thought?

Are you driving or going by supporters bus?

Your certainly not going by train unless it’s a stay over.

I'm not going as I'm away that weekend but either I drive to away games or I get driven, mostly me driving. It's been a while since I've gone by bus and I guess that would be a pain, having to get up an hour and a half earlier but since it only happens occasionally, I don't get the problem. I frequently need to get out of bed at odd times for work and flights and I don't have an issue with setting alarms for 3 or 4 a.m.

I don't see a problem with the start time. I don't understand the beef.

It's nae a problem for me as I won't be drinking and will be either driving or getting a lift but I do appreciate it's tough for the cunts that rely on public transport on a Sunday timetable. If there's a train that gets in on time it's likely to cost a fucking fortune and be a grim journey for the poor cunts on the train.

But seriously, he gets it spot on. Absolutely spot on. With a good bit of anger and feeling too. I hadn't realise that the contract only stipulates that games have to be at Hampden if one of the scum are playing. Once again, we've explicitly written something into the rules (it's not the rules per say, but the contract effectively makes it a rule) based on the requirements of two teams. Staggering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45682129

Dare I say it but I actually feel some sympathy for Doncaster after reading that.  That said I still see no reason why the fixtures couldn't be played over 2 weekends.

I don't. That smarmy c@nt found a way to shoehorn newco into the league system.....indeed even tried shoehorning them into the SPL at first......riding roughshod over established rules and ignoring the claims of clubs with a far more positive case for admission.

If the SPFL really wanted they could have found a loophole allowing one of the games to be played on an alternative date and/or venue. Fuck Doncaster, fuck the SPFL and fuck the GFA

I don't. That smarmy c@nt found a way to shoehorn newco into the league system.....indeed even tried shoehorning them into the SPL at first......riding roughshod over established rules and ignoring the claims of clubs with a far more positive case for admission.

If the SPFL really wanted they could have found a loophole allowing one of the games to be played on an alternative date and/or venue. Fuck Doncaster, fuck the SPFL and fuck the GFA

This ^^^^. :thumbsup: