Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

mikey devlin

May be wrong, but I am sure Aberdeen sent them video evidence with Devlin's shirt pull to try and get the red overturned but was totally ignored by them.

So the SFA report is incomplete? That would be quite staggering if true, I'd be interested to hear the source of your info.

The video evidence is in the public domain, but it appears that the club is required to state their reasons for overturning and not just send a video and hope for an overturning i.e. if you don't highlight the shirt tug the panel don't look at it. To me, it looks like a very lax approach to the tribunal from the club, bordering on incompetence, but if the SFA are hiding information then that's a systemic/corruption issue.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the SFA report is incomplete? That would be quite staggering if true, I'd be interested to hear the source of your info.

The video evidence is in the public domain, but it appears that the club is required to state their reasons for overturning and not just send a video and hope for an overturning i.e. if you don't highlight the shirt tug the panel don't look at it. To me, it looks like a very lax approach to the tribunal from the club, bordering on incompetence, but if the SFA are hiding information then that's a systemic/corruption issue.

Dave Cormack on Twitter:

In the spirit of transparency, which there should be more of in football, we’ll wait to see the written explanation in the next few days. We produced crystal clear footage of Mikey’s shirt being pulled from 3 different angles at 3 different speeds. And with no retaliatory kick!

That looks to me that AFC sent the SFA the footage but was never mentioned in the appeal report.

Like I've said before......The SFA are corrupt in decision making and it appears, capable of making a blatantly bad refereeing decision become right.

It's not the first, and definitely won't be the last that clubs suffer at the hands of these faceless buffoons that are making these idiotic decisions?

The incompetence is outstanding and defies belief.

Even Craig Gordon and Brenda Lodgers are questioning the validity of these so called "expert" panels.

Dave Cormack on Twitter:

In the spirit of transparency, which there should be more of in football, we’ll wait to see the written explanation in the next few days. We produced crystal clear footage of Mikey’s shirt being pulled from 3 different angles at 3 different speeds. And with no retaliatory kick!

That looks to me that AFC sent the SFA the footage but was never mentioned in the appeal report.

Good stuff, cheers. That's bordering on criminal negligence from the SFA. They've clearly and deliberately left out a critical piece of information in the report. Not only that, but they've chosen to highlight the Logan part of the argument as this element was one that was not clear cut and thus backed their argument not to rescind.

As I said from the start, the Morelos decision set the precedent for this when they used the fact that McKenna had barged the player as - in part - mitigation of his reaction. That can be seemlessly applied to the Devlin situation as we can take the shirt tug as mitigation for his having to bring down Brophy - it's an almost water-tight case.

It's good to see the club making a statement, but they need to be more hard-hitting and more detailed. It's too bland and not specific enough. There are clear breaches of protocol here if Cormack's tweet is a true account of what was said. The club needs to say that explicitly and in public. "We're not happy... " isn't good enough and it all it does it produce a media frenzy when we know that won't be followed up with detailed journalism and force the SFA into a specific response. The statement should be along the lines of "we submitted video evidence of a tug on the player.... the SFA tribunal chose not to accept this evidence, nor include it in its report, and instead based their decision on another - less explicit - part of the incident in order to come to a decision that backed its referee/employee". We need to give the journalists something very very specific to go on, cause they won't do it for themselves.

We'll probably find the lazy journos will make something up to cover their particular papers/channels agenda, so fear not on that front.

Like Rico says, the statement by the SFA borders on criminally negligent and ignores the full argument set forward clearly by AFC.

I wouldn't at all be surprised now if the Hammer throwers in charge of the madhouse SFA now fine the club for having the audacity to challenge them with the statement they just issued.

I wouldn't at all be surprised now if the Hammer throwers in charge of the madhouse SFA now fine the club for having the audacity to challenge them with the statement they just issued.

They will. We've given them the opportunity to with this:

The club maintains its view that the player was wrongfully dismissed, that the evidence presented was a robust defence and was overwhelmingly compelling in the player’s favour.

That doesn't back the SFA into a corner, it simply gives them - and the press - the option to put it down to a petulant/grumpy club appeasing its fans by playing the siege-mentality card.

What was the evidence presented? Why is it compelling? What were the previous specific examples that make it incontrovertible? What have the SFA miseed/ignored? Publicly out them so that they don't get a way out. Crucify them with evidence and force their hand. More importantly, give the journalists the ammunition to pelt them with because these guys won't go looking for it and for all our "they hate AFC" opinion, give them a free story and a person/organisation to focus their sights on and they'll go to town. Force that new SFA cunt to come on the radio and explain the SFA's process and make his life impossible.

Edit: to add, no way thon cunt Traynor would let an incident like this go for the hun. We need to do better. It's more than just PR here.

Stopping somebody playing in a couple of fitba matches isn't really a crime, is it?  Naebody died or was touched up or anything.

Mikey Devlin might rightly be denied appearance money and a potential win/ and/or any other bonus as a result of this decision.

Might not be a crime in the true sense, but the decision has incorrectly cost Devlin and the club money.

Still a crime wrapped up in a misappropriated fashion by the SFA.

Stopping somebody playing in a couple of fitba matches isn't really a crime, is it?  Naebody died or was touched up or anything.

I have licence to exaggerate (what I really meant is if it was done in any other field it would be bordering on criminal). It's corruption or, at best, censorship. I have a feeling they're just trying to back up their refs, but it's a fucked up system of doing that.

Mikey Devlin might rightly be denied appearance money and a potential win/ and/or any other bonus as a result of this decision.

Hypothetically, I suppose Mikey could go to the small claims court for loss of earnings but as well as being pretty fucking funny, it would be a civil action rather than criminal (I think.  I did study law for a bit but I was mostly off my tits at the time). 

It's a shite decision by a bunch of incompetent, and probably biased, dicks.  As happens inside and outside workplaces across the world every minute of every day.  Thon fat cunt in the bin lorry never faced criminal charges and he killed six folk (probably not a good comparison TBH).

• 10 months later...

Any more info on the injury? Post match interview DM said torn hamstring and he’d miss 2-3 games but that’s not the time frame for a hamstring tear. Hoping it’s a strain or pull but regardless it’s rest and losing fitness and we all saw a semi fit Devlin in the spring. I’m assuming that was the sell to Taylor (and Shugnasty), you’ll start a lot and Devlin is an injury worry.

The words I saw attributed to DM last night were "treating it as a hamstring tear". You'd need an ultrasound scan to confirm that which I presume the club doc would have done by now. I wholeheartedly concur that Gash and Shug would have been made aware that Devlin seems to miss large chunks of every season he plays. Had he not been made of glass, I'm certain he would have been made club captain but that's pointless if a player is unavailable for 25-50% of each season.