Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns league opener - Sun 5 Aug

So, haven't really caught up with things since getting back from Burnley on Friday night.

Was away south all day yesterday and didn't see the game, and have only seen the BBC highlights.

Thought McKenna was very cute and wound up Morelos resulting in the kick out

Penalty, well if you're not going to give offside against Coubaily then guess it's a pen.

Actually feel sorry for Ball as all his good work of post split and first Burnley game undone just like that playing in a position he patently isn't capable of. Accept that we signed Hobo to cover for right back, but really bad management if after five years in charge we still don't have a youth player capable of coming into that position.

Great goal from Anderson, dleighted for the loon.

Gerrard, least said the better about his comment, but looks a total fud and any journalist worth his salt in Scotland would have challenged his quote about The Rangers not getting decisions for years in Scottish football and asked him for examples of this. Of course can't possibly do that and show him up as a the fuckwit he clearly is.

Interesting that for all their being a class above us, they only had 40% possession and required a penalty to beat us playing hopefully surely as badly as we can.

Lot of hard work required from the management team to get some quality in pre window closure.

Whatever happened the quality striker that was dotting I's and crossing T's the other day ::)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleeson looked bloody awful yesterday.

I have big  hopes for Forrester.

It's not based on anything in particular, I'm just convinced that the Forrester - May partnership is going to get us a lot of goals this season.

Christ DD I hope you're right :thumbsup:

On an unrelated note, (pun intended)

My grandson enjoyed his first Hun game yesterday, although I strongly suspect he was reading his program when the equaliser went in.

Apologies to anyone who had to listen to him shouting "keep it on the bloody ground" 4287 times during the game.

Although it is hard to argue with his tactical knowledge I think just saying "bloody" a lot was the attraction.

On handing him back to his mother I heard him say "what's a cunt Mum?"

Think it’s time for cool heads, not ridiculous knee jerk reactions. As an intelligent fan base we should be better than that.

I prefer to focus on the positives. They were desperate to beat us yesterday, but they couldn’t. And as a result Gerrard’s pre-rehearsed post-match soundbites sounded like paranoia and sour grapes. He was gutted and already the pressure is on him. It’s a bonus point for us, one up on last season, with a stretched squad, key players missing, and on the back of a draining week against good opposition in Europe.

A young local loon popped up with a fantastic and dramatic equaliser, then spoke about ‘dreams coming true’ and ‘hopefully more to come’ afterwards. McInnes is turning to youth players more often now, that’s what we all wanted, wasn’t it?

We’ve proved in recent seasons we can go on 8/9 game winning streaks, often on the back of a bad result, so the manager and the players deserve our patience in my opinion. Three games against tough opposition and we’re undefeated, let DMC do his business in the transfer market this week and let’s see where we are after that.

Hang in there fellas, keep the faith.  :thumbsup:

^^^ Good post sir. It's very relevant. Although I haven't actually seen any knee jerk reactions, but I know what you mean. I think it's good to give our thoughts on the coming season without getting too carried away though. Much like in recent seasons, I think our first 11 will be decent eventually, but our strength in depth will be non-existent. That said, I wouldn't advocate going out and getting another defender based on our current injury list. I don't think we can retain that many defenders in a squad based on the rarity of having four (maybe five if Devlin is struggling) players in defence missing. The striker signing we just need to be patient on. We're clearly putting in offers with a limited budget in a difficult market. We need the right striker, not the easiest to get. If that means we don't get maximum points in our opening few fixtures then we'll just have to cope. We can muddle through with what we've got until the end of the month. If we don't have a striker by the end of August then I think we go mental and panic.

Think it’s time for cool heads, not ridiculous knee jerk reactions. As an intelligent fan base we should be better than that.

I prefer to focus on the positives. They were desperate to beat us yesterday, but they couldn’t. And as a result Gerrard’s pre-rehearsed post-match soundbites sounded like paranoia and sour grapes. He was gutted and already the pressure is on him. It’s a bonus point for us, one up on last season, with a stretched squad, key players missing, and on the back of a draining week against good opposition in Europe.

A young local loon popped up with a fantastic and dramatic equaliser, then spoke about ‘dreams coming true’ and ‘hopefully more to come’ afterwards. McInnes is turning to youth players more often now, that’s what we all wanted, wasn’t it?

We’ve proved in recent seasons we can go on 8/9 game winning streaks, often on the back of a bad result, so the manager and the players deserve our patience in my opinion. Three games against tough opposition and we’re undefeated, let DMC do his business in the transfer market this week and let’s see where we are after that.

Hang in there fellas, keep the faith.  :thumbsup:

Sense.

People seem to be ranting and raving on social media about everything and anything at the moment. Some of it is the sort of self entitled drivel that I'd laugh at fans of the cheeks for having.

Demanding to know why we haven't signed a striker without considering it's often a waiting game and we don't want to rush in the wrong player.

Unhappy that we're looking at the English lower leagues for a good striker, and equally unhappy that we can't unearth a gem like Moult (signed from Wrexham) like Motherwell did.

The mentality of "there must be someone in the youths who can step up" without properly thinking as to who is actually ready to make the step up, whether it may not be right in terms of their development, how they're training, their attitude etc.

All for fans having opinions and I understand we're light of numbers and people are on edge, but most of the nonsense above is spouted without fear or favour of being contradicted or proven wrong. McInnes has one shot at getting this right and will have hell to pay if he doesn't, so it'd be helpful if people properly weighed up the arguments and considered everything first of all.

I've also not seen any "ridiculous knee jerk reactions" but not using any other social media for AFC matters - the pub, mates and family and this forum being my only outlets for spikkin aboot AFC - I would be unlikely to.

Whatever a fan or a bunch of fans say online doesn't really matter in any event. The only fan action that matters is heads through the turnstiles. Actually, that's not even true, the number of tickets sold is the true indicator of customer satisfaction.

That performance won't have done much to assist ticket sales this season. The quality of footballers in the squad and the imbalance within it is screaming for additions in the right places and unless McInnes adds quality to assist our midfield and attacking options, we can only expect to face a long, hard and fruitless season.

Gerrard’s Traynor’s comments fair have them slavering. Seen one lad on twitter saying we should have had three reds. One for McKenna for nudging that mr tattie heed, one for Dom Ball’s violent assault on Windass’s shirt, and another for May after Jack fannied out of going for a header against him.

Gerrard’s Traynor’s comments fair have them slavering.

That's what happens when statements go unquestioned. It's really dangerous (probably not in this case of course, but in general). When the guy who's just turned up this season makes comments about years of perceived injustice, then it's an interviewer's responsibility to ask for more information. He wouldn't have been able to explain himself, as there is no evidence of whatever his issue is, or he would have lied and shown his desparation further. As you point out with the Traynor comment, it's clearly club policy/dictat. It's sinister. Shows that Gerrard has no mind of his own, and that bodes well for the rest of us.

Good post Rico min.

There were two angles spouted by Gerrard. The match on one hand and the victimhood paranoia on the other.

On his match comments, he was obviously gutted not to pick up 3 points and was probably as surprised as many of us were that we finally managed our first shot on target, well after the 90 minutes. He was right that we had "no ideas" and his comments about being a "different class" were obviously designed to 1. ingratiate himself to the knuckledraggers as well as 2. tell his own team that they should be destroying the likes of Aberdeen and have no excuse finishing behind us come May. And if they were half-well managed, there is no doubt that they will finish above McInnes's AFC at the end of this season. He saw how shite we were yesterday and must've have been wondering how on earth we managed second last season, without appreciating that we aren't always that bad.

On his victimhood shit, that doesn't interest me. It's just total bollocks from a scouse ned prick who showed his true colours.

On the conspiratorial comments by Gerrard, Michael Stewart asked if Adam thought that Rangers were unique in feeling like they've been on the end of bad decisions. Adam replied, "yes, all of the teams are unique in that regard". Thick as shite like.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Bizarre comment from Gerrard in some ways referring to being in a different class to us. 

It's the sort of line a manager should be saying to his players in the changing room rather than spouting off to the press unless his team had just trounced us 5-0.

The only thing he's managed to do is demonstrate how pathetic it was that they never won despite how pish we were.

Bizarre comment from Gerrard in some ways referring to being in a different class to us. 

It's the sort of line a manager should be saying to his players in the changing room rather than spouting off to the press unless his team had just trounced us 5-0.

The only thing he's managed to do is demonstrate how pathetic it was that they never won despite how pish we were.

What I find odd is that we were so shite to him yet we had 60% of the possession and after the sending off Lewis didn’t have a save to make. I was totally unimpressed with them. Yes we were shite but he should shut the fuck up because, despite all the money they’ve spent, they weren’t much better. Deflection I think.

The rabid halfwits still seem convinced that McKenna should have been sent off for those particularly fearsome shoulder barges, Ball should have been sent off for the life threatening brush against Windass and that May should have walked for the challenge on Jack.

Some of the really stupid ones also claim that GMS that should been sent off for throwing the ball at some hun in a show of petulance.

Half of this pish wouldn't have even crossed their inbred minds had the scouse twat not spouted off about how unfair life is.

I see they have appealed the red card. It would be ridiculous if he got it overturned. But i could see it happening unfortunatly.

Sadly I think its a banker it will be overturned. Despite it being absolutely warranted when you take the rules to the letter of the law.