Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

17 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Just heard a rumour that Steven Fletcher is at cormack Park and cormack will be paying his wage

Is that practice not illegal? 
Something in the back of my mind says it was banned/ loophole was closed after the Carlos Tevez situation at West Ham ie all wages must come directly from the football club's income.

Just now, tom_widdows said:

Is that practice not illegal? 
Something in the back of my mind says it was banned/ loophole was closed after the Carlos Tevez situation at West Ham ie all wages must come directly from the football club's income.

Yep, it is. Unless you get a side-letter of course.

I mean, do folk just ignore reality? How the fuck can Cormack pay for an employee in another business?

Saying that, Fletcher isn't outwith the realms of possibility. His agent was touting him toward the Tims last week though, so I very much doubt it. I think it stems from a rumour on some of the other forums from a "I know someone on the board" type about an international striker joining.

I'd like to see Anderson against the Hun and for the next few games. Give him a chance to sink or swim.

Would really like to see Anderson given the chance. Will force us to play more football too rather than the big lump up the park. Could be a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Brutal comparison so I apologize in advance, but hearts did pretty well with foster-Robertson-colquhoun up top back in the day, and none were over 4 foot 5. Hayes-anderson-Kennedy with mcginn at 10 works for me, although plug hedges in wide if Hayes is at left back.

Just don't think Anderson is good enough, even as a short term solution until one of either Cosgrove or Main is fit. Will get bullied by the sevco central defenders. I know a lot of our support are desperate to see him do well but I'm afraid I wrote him off as not good enough over a year back. Of course nothing would please me more than to see him bang in 2 or 3 on Saturday and cause  a meltdown on the orc fanboards. But right now I'm desperately hoping we get someone in on loan that is of a better quality.

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just don't think Anderson is good enough, even as a short term solution until one of either Cosgrove or Main is fit. Will get bullied by the sevco central defenders. I know a lot of our support are desperate to see him do well but I'm afraid I wrote him off as not good enough over a year back. Of course nothing would please me more than to see him bang in 2 or 3 on Saturday and cause  a meltdown on the orc fanboards. But right now I'm desperately hoping we get someone in on loan that is of a better quality.

This ^^^^^

Based on consgrove’s first few games for us I didn’t think he was nearly good enough. But given an extended run look what happened. I’m still not a fan but he’s scored a fair few goals. I’ll still argue that if we give Main that same time and patience (plus penalties) he’ll score 15-20 a season.  Why not try Anderson? I know shankland is a different story as he had issues, but maybe him being given an extended run could have had a positive effect. I really want to see Anderson given a shot, partly because as I already said, it should force us to play better football.

Always thought Anderson has done well in the limited time he is given on the field so far but don’t think he suits out 1 up top system. We would need to revert to 4-4-2 to get best from him and cannot see McInnes doing that.

I don't think you need a 4-4-2 to get someone up there close to him, like McGinn or Kennedy, but with the workrate to track back and niggle when Jack drops deep. I'm unsure about Anderson to be honest, I can't quite figure him out. I don't think he's got the pace to really make it, but then neither did Rooney. His finish against Livingston was really, really good; his use of his body to get in front of the player, his touches and then his finish top class. Every other time I've seen him, generally speaking, he's not cut it. I think he'll need 4-5 games to prove himself, and we gave pap like James fucking Wilson (and many others) that time so why not Anderson? He's a fucking dandy too, and hates the hun, so that alone means he deserves his chance. Do we need a target man? I'm not convinced. Main was a fucking atrocious target man as he had zero game intelligence, his runs were awful, he played on his heels and his touch was brutal. And even he managed to turn out a couple of good performances.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, BigAl said:

Newcastle Utd I say ?

Away to get the car defrosted and will drive him there myself.

This surely can't be serious but being reported by Alan Nixon

Maybe it's the rugby union side that's interested...big guy would win a lot of line-outs and he'd be allowed to push opposition players to the ground without being penalised. 

14 hours ago, BigAl said:

Newcastle Utd I say ?

Away to get the car defrosted and will drive him there myself.

This surely can't be serious but being reported by Alan Nixon

Wherever he goes, I hope he's sold sooner rather than later. We are a better team without him (and Main obviously) and he's look very uninterested. 

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, manc_don said:

Being linked with a move to Wycombe (either loan with view to purchase or full on purchase). Prefer the sale obviously, hello sell on clause :)

Only if the purchase exceeds what they paid for him. Surely there can’t be two folk that dumb. 

8 hours ago, Jute said:

Only if the purchase exceeds what they paid for him. Surely there can’t be two folk that dumb. 

Naturally. Which is probably the tall order and I've no idea what Wycombe pay for transfers. Lack of goals probably hurts us.

• 1 year later...