Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

I think McInnes should be looking to strengthen his defence and midfield rather than signing Tony Watt who is training with Aberdeen at present time.

Oh I think you will find (very soon) that it has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond "training with Aberdeen"..........

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I think you will find (very soon) that it has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond "training with Aberdeen"..........

Been training with us for a few months no? Anyway, seems to be a lot of chatter about him being unveiled today  :-\

What was it? 1 goal in 17 for Hearts?

This seems like the Goodwillie signing all over again, and another complete waste of a shirt.

Not sure where McInnes seems to have earned this reputation for turning around players who have gone off the rails a bit.

It seems like McInnes has tried to bring in a Rooney replacement on the cheap several times now and has continually failed because despite what Rooney lacks, you can't just pick up someone who's capable of consistently scoring 20+ goals a season from the scrap heap.

If we are assuming that we aren't dispensing with Rooney or May over the summer then Watt would likely be the fourth choice striker.

It's not really possible to have four top quality strikers at the club and keep them all happy with their gametime - I'd perhaps rather the fourth choice striker was a young lad, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate from what I saw in the youth cup final.

This isn't the signing that'll determine how we do next season by any means, so I'm not really for getting my knickers in a twist on this one.

This isn't the signing that'll determine how we do next season by any means, so I'm not really for getting my knickers in a twist on this one.

True, however I would argue that it's a typical unnecessary signing (if it does indeed happen).  We don't need him, he's been shite ever since his goal against Barca.  That's a long time ago now, youth isn't on his side and he's most likely a bam. Fuck him. It would be a waste of a wage, similar to that Callum Morris fud we signed who was injured the whole time. Or Maynard.

would be surprised to see Shankland at Hearts, I can't say I was ever overly impressed with him when he did get into the first team.

I don't think anyone on here could honestly say they saw enough of SHankland to comment if he was good enough or not for Aberdeen.

He has taken a step down the leagues and done well, maybe he realised upon leaving Aberdeen that he needed to work harder if he wanted to make a success of his career at a higher level, which if he has, good on him.

My comment was based on (if I remember right) Shankland seemingly being thought more highly of at youth level, until Watt ended up on the pitch v Barca.

Based on nothing more than I see him play semi regularly we should be at least looking at Mo Eisa from Cheltenham, although he may be out of our price range.

Derek Ferguson's son. That'll set the hun cat among the pigeons.

I actually don't mind Derek Ferguson, comes across as a decent bloke and talks quite passionately, and knowledgeably, about the championship and other lower leagues in his BBC coverage. Ian Ferguson on the other hand....

Will we be regularly welcoming his uncle Barry along to the games to sit in the comfy seats?

Derek Ferguson's son. That'll set the hun cat among the pigeons.

I actually don't mind Derek Ferguson, comes across as a decent bloke and talks quite passionately, and knowledgeably, about the championship and other lower leagues in his BBC coverage. Ian Ferguson on the other hand....

Will we be regularly welcoming his uncle Barry along to the games to sit in the comfy seats?

Agree with your analysis of Derek Ferguson.

His ability to give a balanced report on a game of football certainly outweighs the likes of Bonner and Allan Preston on Sportsound.

Might be worth a punt, certainly wouldn't think the development fee involved would be that large.

Wouldn't imagine he would be going straight into next season's starting line up but could work his way in.

Hamilton midfielder Lewis Ferguson is on the verge of agreeing a move away from the club.

The 18-year-old, who is a product of the club's youth academy, is out of contract in the summer and has been in negotiations with several suitors.

"I think there will be an announcement later this afternoon," his father Derek Ferguson, the former Rangers and Hearts midfielder, told BBC Sportsound.

Agree with your analysis of Derek Ferguson.

His ability to give a balanced report on a game of football certainly outweighs the likes of Bonner and Allan Preston on Sportsound.

Might be worth a punt, certainly wouldn't think the development fee involved would be that large.

Wouldn't imagine he would be going straight into next season's starting line up but could work his way in.

He can also speak about the huns without the need to gush about them. Glad to hear I am not the only one who thinks he does well when on the Radio.

Good that we have signed the lad and have to admit that I know nothing about him, but as God said on the radio, what about our own youth players getting a chance?  Signing young players is all very well and good, but will it hamper the development of our own young players, as we really need to start to bring through our own and give them proper chances in the first team, something I don't rate DM too highly on.

Ok, ok I know it's in The Sun and no direct quotes but Lewis Ferguson anyone  ???

Can't say I know an awful lot about the boy, but do seem to remember him being "bigged up" on Sportsound a few Saturdays ago.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2593132/lewis-ferguson-aberdeen-hamilton-swoop-competition-crystal-palace/

Well well that one was called right.

Welcome on board Lewis

Can't say I have ever paid any attention to his (Ferguson) performances this season, everyone has been banging on about us signing Crawford who I definitely didn't want us signing and so whilst I'm a bit....no actually a lot....meh about this one I'm prepared to give the loon a chance, though I would really only expect him to get on as a sub a few times next season, would be amazed if he became a regular starter in his first season.

Interesting signing and nice to know we actually beat some good competition for his signature. Welcome aboard. Shame we can’t bring our own youth through  :-\

Presume this guy plays for Scotland u-21’s?

Nope......only made his full Hamilton debut in late January  :o

Has played for Scotland U19s

No idea how this ferguson boy will pan out but Hamilton do seem decent at spotting a midfielder so must be worth a risk. Couldn't give a monkeys whether he stops on of our "own" youngestes coming through - if any of them were good enough we wouldn't need to be signing Ferguson!

I see Mark O'Hara at Dundee is out of contract - worth a punt given how many midfielders we need? Haven't seen too much of him but always looked a bit of a goal threat any time I've seen him on telly.