Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Betting

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Selections were 1. Wolsfburg win+BTTS, 2. BTTS in Man City v Spurs, 3. BTTS in the Villa game, 4. Everton to win and then 5. metz to win

The odds for those bets wouldn't have been far from

1. 11/4

2. 8/13

3. 8/11

4. 8/11

5. fuck knows

If those were the exact odds, £500 would've turned into £9036.47 for the quad.

What were the odds?

And what was the cash out?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've learned through experience that football is a gamble in August/September, in December/January and April/May. In the other months, either side of the deep winter fixtures pile and not the start and end of the season, predictability is much heightened. This should the best weekend of the season so far I reckon for profiting at their expense so I've staked the most amount. I've made 15 picks (including an evens + 2 x odds against) for this Saturday and Sunday and expect that 12 minimum will come in.

I'll greet if Cottbus, Coleraine and Lausanne fail to win. Greuther Furth II would be nice too. If all four of them fail, I'll lose more money than the current value of our third car, my favourite driving machine I've ever had.

Edit: Actually 17 picks. Stuck Liverpool and Chelsea on in a bet credit even though I wouldn't back them at them odds with my own money, so that was sloppy on my part.

Agreed at 10/1 but if it was 33/1, I would stick on a bet.

It's ALL about the value.

I got PSG HT FT @ 4/6 tonight. I think that's brilliant value, as are some of my odds on aways this weekend and we know what they say about them. Although it took less than 10 minutes for Celtic to land last Sunday, bet365 paying out (in certain leagues) when your pick goes 2 up.

Edit: But when bottom team Dijon get an equaliser in the 51st minute of the first half, 500/1 wouldn't have worked! It was 19-0 the last 4 meetings so they were due one. The first and last time this season I pick PSG.

It swings in roundabouts. Cristiano made and converted a 96th min pen on Weds to land a treble after Lazio and Real Madrid got early pay outs.

• 2 weeks later...

Had six Both Teams To Score bets in last week.

Two on Thursday Europa League Evening one at 6pm matches other 8pm games.

Had LASK Linz 4 v 1 PSV Eindhoven, FC Basel 2 v 1 Getafe, Standard Liege 2 v 1 Eintracht Frankfurt, FC Copenhagen 1 v 1 Dynamo Kiev on 6pm matches.

Rennes only team from ten to let me down as lost 1-0 away to CFR Cluj.

Would have had a £225.55 profit had the French side grabbed a goal.

In 8pm games had Borussia Monchengladbach 2 v 1 Roma, Oleksandria 2 v 2 St.Etienne, VFL Wolfsburg 1 v 3 KAA Gent, Sporting Braga 3 v 1 Besiktas.

But ten man Admira Wacker Modling got beat 3-0 at Home to Istanbul Basaksehir!!

Picked up two £15 FREE bets as one team let me down on said separate selections.  Second would have won us £213.73 also.

Then Saturday did a random five team one with Newcastle United 2 v 1 Bournemouth, Queen Of The South 3 v 1 Ayr United, Cambridge United 1 v 1 Exeter City, St.Johnstone 1 v 4 Hibernian with only Burnley 3 v 0 West Ham United messing us about for a potential £193.11 like.

Then because it was FA Cup I did a six team one.  Had Salford City 1 v 1 Burton Albion, Shrewsbury Town 1 v 1 Bradford City, Stevenage Borough 1 v 1 Peterborough United, Blackpool 4 v 1 Morecambe, Crawley Town 4 v 1 Scunthorpe United with only Colchester United  0 v 2 Coventry City doing me over for £337.96 like

Once more got two £15 FREE BETS for one selection on each being down.

Last night I had a £4 and a £3 FREE bet to use before weekend.

You guessed it one team on either selection LET ME DOWN!!

MK Dons 1 v 2 Wycombe Wanderers, Peterborough United 2 v 1 Cambridge United, Crawley Town 1 v 4 Oxford United and CHELTENHAM TOWN 4 V 7 NEWPORT COUNTY with just WALSALL UNITED 6 v 0 FOREST GREEN ROVERS  TESTING MY PATIENCE!!!!

Second had Bradford City 1 v 2 Rochdale, Burton Albion 1 v 2 Mansfield Town, Crawley Town 1 v 4 Oxford City AND TRANMERE ROVERS 0 V 2 SALFORD CITY!!!!

MISSED OUT ON £22.79 AND £41.62 RESPECTIVELY!!!!

I understand one has to lose sometimes but that truly is taking the mick!!!!!!

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Pochettino to be next Man Utd manager at 6/4 looks like a cert to me.  Now he is available, Utd will boot Ole before Christmas.

It's ALL about the value.

I got PSG HT FT @ 4/6 tonight. I think that's brilliant value

Bookies don't make mistakes on the major teams because it's where most of their betting comes in, they'll usually be too short, the value is in the small teams where they've done little research. As you've just found. (this advice is free, next time I'll charge)  :thumbsup:

Bookies don't make mistakes on the major teams because it's where most of their betting comes in, they'll usually be too short, the value is in the small teams where they've done little research. As you've just found. (this advice is free, next time I'll charge)  :thumbsup:

It's not as simple as that. They make mistakes in the big games too. Example, 4/9 + 4/7 for HT/FT on Italy + Spain on Monday was giving money away, so me and my mate made a nice killing. Also, I jumped on Wycombe last night (for tonight's match) at 4/5, which was 8/13 first thing this morning, then 4/7, now 3/5. Even at 3/5 that's 25% less return that I got. I did notice that it was on the betfred coupon at 4/5 if you fancy? I was in a bookies shop for 5 minutes at lunchtime and realised it's the first time I'd seen the inside of one for 2 or 3 years. Must go more often. Bookies do make mistakes, every week but even though I pick up what I think is great value every week in the Germany regional leagues and lower Swiss/Austrian/Dutch leagues, it doesn't always work that way. Form gets thrown out of the window often. Look at Norwich before and after they beat Man C.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody doing Cheltenham Festival??  I see there is a horse called 'Atlanta Ablaze' running in 2.50 tomorrow (Tuesday) priced around (25/1) so did a wee silly £5 e/w bet just incase!!  Especially after the American club shared that spectacular video of their hologram thing!!