Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Just a bit biased

Griffiths is the best striker we have had since mcfadden...wouldnt be hard mind.

And phillips is a great player.

We have a very good team.

It was a bit of a non event this one and we were always going to beat Malta.

Some folks are never happy i tell ya.

Luxembourg drew with almighty france who are probably the best team in the world right now or in the top 3.

Im happy its not all over and its down to the last 2 fixtures.

Going to be a huge game against Slovakia.

Phillips was absolutely fucking hopeless. Then again no one really played well last night apart from maybe Robertson. Many players were off the pace but then against at home to Malta is the best time to get your shite performances oot the road. I don't believe for a second we'll get 6 points out of our remaining games since we're up against half decent teams. Not concentrating against England and fucking it up at home to Lithuania has cost us a play off spot.

We / well WGS fucked it up at the start of the campaign.  Idiocy and loyalty to unworthy players will be his downfall. 6/6 is not unattainable but highly unlikely.  Slovakia are a decent outfit and can punish us.  Here's hoping they play as Nips heart desires  :thumbsup:

We'll get close and fail, it's the Scotland way and then we'll persist with WGS to continue the cycle of failure.

We / well WGS fucked it up at the start of the campaign.  Idiocy and loyalty to unworthy players will be his downfall. 6/6 is not unattainable but highly unlikely.  Slovakia are a decent outfit and can punish us.  Here's hoping they play as Nips heart desires  :thumbsup:

We'll get close and fail, it's the Scotland way and then we'll persist with WGS to continue the cycle of failure.

You're probably right as we all know tbis will probably happen but I have a wee feeling about this new look team.

We may be surprised.

8)

They won't persist with Strachan if we don't get through. The writing is on the wall for him. Failure to learn from his previous failings will come back to bite him. He's still doing the same old shite of treating the international team like a club (he even repeats this in his interviews). That's why continuity in playing Forrest (for example) is more important to him than form and ability. It's why Chris Martin came on last night and Hanley too. He fails to grasp that you need a mix of continuity and form players and it'll be what costs him in the end. That team we finished with last night will not win against Slovakia and would struggle against Slovenia. We get any injuries before next month and we're screwed as he'll revert to type. I don't think we're the brand new team that most think we are.

Well u could argue that chris martin is 1 of the reasons we still have a chance of qualifying after his late winbwr.

As for Hanley. Well he isnt a starter anymore.it was malta and strachan said the players were maybe a bit tired.

Hanley has no chance if startibg in the last 2 games bar an injury.

The defence has strengthened.

We now have a prolific goalscorer in griffiths.

Oyr midfiekd is prwtry good as ling as we dont revert back to fletcher who i never rated in a scotland shirt.

Matt phillips is a vwry good player. He was great against lithuania and goes on direct and effective runs.needs to work on his finish.

Robertson is a superb left back and can score nice goals too.

Tierney the same on the other side.vast improvement there toi.

Armstrong is brilliant.

He owes us a goal against Slovakia for fucking it up against England.

Slovakia are a very decent team though and it will be a struggle.

I tbink we will beat Slovenia but against Slovakia we need a full hampden(are u kistening Reagan you dick!) And every player must be on top form but we can do this.

Hampden will be full. It doesn't need Regan to guarantee that.

You're basically backing up my point, our first eleven (bar Forrest) stands a chance, but Strachan will revert to type if there any injuries.

Chris Martin should have been put down after the Lithuania game. Any argument that he is one of the reasons we still have a chance of qualifying is entirely nullified by his performance against Lithuania where he was almost directly responsible for us not winning by being extremely shite at football. His presence on the pitch was enough to put any sane professional footballer off their game. He's a fucking clogger, who runs like a fairmer chasing a coo in his wellies. If Griffiths is injured and we start that fucker, we're screwed. I wouldn't want him up front for the dons, and every player in that squad should be good enough to play for the dons. He's Stockley with dark hair.

Couldn't even be bothered interrupting my holiday to watch either game over the last few days

Nothing has changed for me N&T, my give a fuck meter still isn't even flickering. As long as that ginger cunt and Mutley are involved my interest is zero.

Get them to fuck, get someone in that picks form players and I might rekindle my interest. No doubt in my mind we are still going nowhere with that pair of clowns at the helm.

Rico i was agreeing yes.

This group was always going to be tough but it was made a lot tougher with Strachans loyalty to shite.

See, I think that this was a very easy group, but Strachan fucked it from day one. On paper, we could have qualified, in reality? The idiocy that surrounds the sfa from top to bottom is why we won't. Happily eat my words though  :thumbsup:

Just a bit biased

Griffiths is the best striker we have had since mcfadden...wouldnt be hard mind.

And phillips is a great player.

We have a very good team.

It was a bit of a non event this one and we were always going to beat Malta.

Some folks are never happy i tell ya.

Luxembourg drew with almighty france who are probably the best team in the world right now or in the top 3.

Im happy its not all over and its down to the last 2 fixtures.

Going to be a huge game against Slovakia.

[/quot

After that performance I've every right to complain. Some people are never happy because of absolute shite like that. And it's been generally shite under strachan and the recent results against Slovenia England and Lithuania don't hide that for me. We played one of the weakest teams out there and had a great opportunity to bang in a few goals and carry on the momentum from the Lithuania game. Instead we were shit, many players looked uninterested, and we went sideways and backwards for much of the game. You expect people to pay good money and be happy with that?

• 3 weeks later...

Squad in full

Goalkeepers

Jordan Archer (Millwall)

Craig Gordon (Celtic)

Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders

Ikechi Anya (Derby County)

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian)

Grant Hanley (Norwich City)

Liam Cooper (Leeds United)

Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers)

Andrew Robertson (Liverpool)

Kieran Tierney (Celtic)

Steven Whittaker (Hibernian)

Midfielders

Stuart Armstrong (Celtic)

Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Darren Fletcher (Stoke City)

Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth)

James Forrest (Celtic)

James McArthur (Crystal Palace)

John McGinn (Hibernian)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Matt Phillips (West Bromwich Albion)

Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United)

Robert Snodgrass (Aston Villa)*

Forwards

Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)

Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)

Chris Martin (Derby County)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent win and good performance. They were probably playing better against 11 as is so often the case. Well done Chris Martin for hoofing the boy into the ball for the O.G. Griffiths, Morrison, Robertson were good, Bannan had his best game (nae difficult) in a Scotland top. Martin did will when he came on despite actually being a farmer rather than a footballer.