Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

9 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

I just find it amusing that no one bats an eyelid when the Croatians beat the Germans (well not since 1998) but when their fellow former Yugoslav republic neighbours North Macedonia (previously FYR Macedonia) do it suddenly its a shock

Simple.

Croatia have established themselves as a fantastic team who have reached the final of a world cup and were the 3rd best team in the world once.

Macedonia are notably a decent team but have never had a result of this magnitude therefore one could be surprised yes?

And Yugoslavia were twice the 4th best team in the world (two world cup semi finals) and twice the 2nd best team in Europe reaching the european championship final twice. 
Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Slovenia have all played at major tournaments and North Macedonia will be at Euro 2020 this summer.
Montenegro reached the playoffs for Euro 2012 losing out to another supposedly 'fairly new' country the Czech Republic
Kosovo reached the playoffs for Euro 2020 losing out to North Macedonia.

That part of the world has a proven record in international sport.

Frankly its lazy and patronising to label any of the former eastern block countries as not good enough for international football.

7 world cups and 7 european championships since the break up of the USSR, Yugoslavia, and Czechoslovakia . With the exception of Montenegro (2006) and Kosovo (2013) none of the countries from the eastern block are 'fairly new' to International Football

Edited by tom_widdows

What's lazy or patronizing?

If you actually read what I wrote I was backing these nations.

And it is an amazing result for North Macedonia to beat Germany.

That's why it's called a shock result.

I think it's lazy for you to not see my point.

50 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Presume the Algarve trip is to help aclimatize to the scorching temperatures of Euro 2020

Allegedly the Oriam and Murray Park were already booked when we qualified so having to go abroad to get a training camp.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tup1 said:

No doubt McBurnie will be supporting England, he's said himself he can't be arsed with Scotland duty.

Huns are bad for team morale so this is all good news for our chances.

I still detest Ferguson and McGregor for their disrespectful hunnish behaviour years ago when in the Scotland team.

Couple of chunts.

Ferguson being the most over-rated shite ever in Scottish football.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/04/2021 at 14:37, BigAl said:

Fair gutted for The Rat missing out on the Euros.

The Aberdeen fan in me finds it highly amusing.  The Scotland fan not so much especially with Macgregors form going off a cliff.