Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Apollon Limassol - Thursday - 745

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well based on the online ticket page there are less than 5000 tickets left (excluding the traditional away section).

Some ex Sevco player saying the dons are underdogs. Personally I prefer that to being favourites

Probably because the ST seats are reserved until Monday

Having found a little bit more about Apollon I am not feeling quite so confident as I was when I heard the next team was Cypriot.  They not only made the group stages last season but got out of them too which included a win over Bilbao.  Put out in the last 32 by Anderlecht.  This game is no gimme.

TLG,

There are no easy games in Europe nowadays I will enjoy proceedings for what they are worth.  A nice evening out if nothing else. They didn't make Group Stages last year.  Grasshoppers of Zurich knocked them out in 3rd Round Qualifying for Europa League.  You were looking at APOEL Nicosia not Apollon Limassol.

Ah so it was, mis-read the article on the beeb.

Its never a given when its Aberdeen FC playing however yon Cypriots european record from the McInnes Era of the dons is as follows

Played 26

Won 9

Drawn 5

Lost 12

Goals for 34

Goals against 39

They have qualified for the group stages twice (Cyprus must have been well ahead of Scotland as they went in at the Playoff stage each time) but finished 3rd and 4th. Only managed to win 2 and draw 1 of their 12 group games and were the whipping boys when they finished 4th - Scored 4 Conceded 18. When the finished 3rd they scored 5 and conceded 10.

I just think we need to be a bit more streetwise when this level of opposition come calling.  The lads have enough experience now over last three years that personally yours truly does believe said big performance during both legs should be around corner.

No idea how or why this came into my head this morning but it did for about 10 minutes.

Panathanaikos

???

Recall watching that game on the BBC with my Dad. Much like Athletico Madrid a few weeks later they were a level (or 2) above the Dons. Also seem to recall it looking really unpleasant to be in the stadium both with the temperature and the antics of the home support.

Hope after a decade things are different

I've never had to do online before but haven't even got through to being on hold where phone is concerned and didn't want to miss out with sales being strong.  Live four hours from Aberdeen so isn't as if I can just queue up outside stadium either.

I've never had to do online before but haven't even got through to being on hold where phone is concerned and didn't want to miss out with sales being strong.  Live four hours from Aberdeen so isn't as if I can just queue up outside stadium either.

My son ordered online on Friday.

Delivered today by Royal Mail.

It'll be on it's way SeeBass :thumbsup: