Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

NK Siroki Brijeg - Dons - Thursday 7:45pm

30 degrees is fuck all if you're fit.

Pish excuse even if you're used to playing in Scotland.

It'll be humid and hot so get some water down ya.

Rooney I'd drop.he doesn't merit a starting place on current form when we have other choices.

Bring him on at 70 minutes.

I think Deek and Doc will have got the lads in a decent shape and I'll say 2-0 us.

Like I said, I didn't see anything too much to worry about from them.

Decent team but we are better.

Like i said...

:P

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what a night! Great result and I'm honest enough to say I didn't expect it. What a difference a week makes, didn't think we tired in the second half and, if anything, they did.

Defensively GMS, Stewart, and Christie were much better and, for the most part, filled the holes they exploited last week. We still look shaky at the back and I do think Kari will help.

The game couldn't have been better for GMS and Stewart. Both have had a rough year and have limited confidence so this must do a world of good. Both are more like McGinn than Hayes and both will get goals and assists like Niall. It's only 2 games but a positive start for both.

Christie was excellent again. Get him signed permanently if possible as we definitely lose him to a bigger and better club if this form continues.

Unfair on Maynard since he's still new but our weak link (with adding Kari) is now the centre forward position. Doc said in an interview at the airport this week that we may not be done in the transfer market, I certainly hope this means we push hard to get Moult.

Don't know if anyone else cares but I love to see Scottish players excelling on a Scottish team. Certainly debatable, plus Strachan most likely won't pick Aberdeen players, but Reynolds, Shinnie, McLean, GMS, Christie, and Stewart will all most likely be strong and influential players on the second best team in Scotland and 'could/would/should' be considered for Scotland.

A very positive start to the season!!!!

Top drawer goals.  Just brilliant.  Watch the second one back and keep an eye on christie, interestingly he makes a bee line to someone on the touch line (probably DM but hard to be sure) and not GMS. 

I was reasonably confident that if we showed up we would score but I really loved how we turned the screw in the second half.  Play like that you have to fancy our chances against Apollon. 

Stockley played his role tonight. Team game - all 13 played a role.

What is clear is 1-1 at home 1st leg is sometimes better than 1-0 win. The home team tonight Siroki wanted to hold out for 0-0 but couldn't.

I'd take a 0-0 or a 1-1 home v Apollon next week easy.  We have players to unlock defences as I presume it will be hotter than it was in Bosnia in Cyprus.

I'm pretty sure you were all doom and gloom after the 1-1 (I canna be arsed looking for the post, min) but you seemed to have changed your tune now.

100% Anti-Kingsford? more like 100% anti-consistent-opinion, MIN!

I'm pretty sure you were all doom and gloom after the 1-1 (I canna be arsed looking for the post, min) but you seemed to have changed your tune now.

100% Anti-Kingsford? more like 100% anti-consistent-opinion, MIN!

Yeah, I thought they'd lose based on last week. I think lots of us were doom and gloom until 70th minute of second leg.

Then again some of us in here think Ryan Christie shouldn't be playing for Aberdeen.

Guess lots of users bring different means of doom and gloom to the virtual paryy?!

Well, piper, I'll be in philomenas for the away leg of the next round. What an atmosphere, reminded me of Hubbards in Glasgow for the dnipro game. Absorbed and probably lived a charmed life for a while, Christie, consi and Stewart all should have put us ahead earlier than we did but we got stronger and stronger as the game progressed. Brilliant performance. Have to say I didn't think Stockley did anything? Think LA called it as being our weakest position now.

Who's laughing now ryhun?!?  :rofl: