Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

NK Siroki Brijeg - Dons - Thursday 7:45pm

So anyone making the trip across?  Absolutely gutted not to be going but costs were crazy.  Enjoy if anyone is going across, you'll have a cracking time!  Hopefully you'll bump into the Red Army of Velez Mostar too, they hate fascist Croats  :thumbsup:

fk-velez-mostar-fm12-18.jpg

BOSNIA-2-e1379609332592-lanczos3.jpg

Obviously Arnason isn't eligible for this game but hopefully another week of the team playing together in training will have them a bit more up to speed.  You could tell it was our first game last week but we really need to have our wits about us.  We should have enough to beat them but our defence really needs to sort itself out.

In/Out: Out

Pre-match: Work

Match: Home, watching RedTV?

post match: hopefully toasting victory and looking for flights to ABZ.

Prediction: 2-1 Dons, Tansey and Shinnie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really afford the time away as moving house in two weeks time, so unlikely to get to next round either if we get through.

Did look into flights but cost prohibitive not to mention the time factor.

Genuinely believe we will get through here as in years gone by best perfomances have been away from home in Europe. Got a a fortnight booked up in Greece for the first fortnight in September so any away trip this year for me is going to have to be in the group sections(glory seeking)  :thumbsup:

Out

Working

Premier Sports via Mobdro

Bed

2-0 us ( Stewart & Maynard )

COYR ;)

Is Stockley still suspended or was it just the first leg?

Maybe controversial but I would absolutely start him ahead of Rooney for this tie. Christie, Mackay-Steven & Stewart etc... need a focal point, they need someone who will hold the ball up for them long enough to get up and support him, Rooney just does not provide that, the man is still our most important striker in terms of goals, no disputing that, but we need to admit that some games are just not meant for him and this is one of them.

I get that there is good optimism for this tie, and rightly so, we should be favourites, but they showed they are not mugs and created plenty of chances, thankfully it's just 1 away goal they scored. We need Christie etc... involved in their end of the pitch as much as possible and for that reason, Stockley should get the nod, had we still had the directness of Hayes & McGinn then I'd go with Rooney.

FWIW my 11 would be

Lewis

Logan

O'Connor

Considine

Shinnie

Tansey

McLean

Stewart ( If fit )

Christie

Macay-Steven

Stockley       

For me, we would win by a couple of goals with that 11, and we'd have a really strong bench too, the likes of Reynolds, Wright, Maynard & Rooney etc...

It won't even be close to that 11, but it would be my preference.

Not a chance Stockley should start this game. This lot showed in the first game they are very street wise and with Stockley's habit of using his elbows they will have him sent off before half time. I would stick with Rooney up front but leave him through the middle and let the wide players do the switching of positions. Would start Stewart over Mackay Stevens as he looked sharper of the two last Thursday.

Oot

Work

Pub or flat still to decide

Flat

2-0 McLean and Stewart.

I'd start GMS, he looked lively for a half last week and with a week of training he'll be fine - he did a preseason with Celtic so is fit. I'd also start Stewart who also looked good so those two would be my width. I'd love to see Christie in the central role - looked great last week and giving him the freedom to roam would be a good thing. Tansey and Shinnie in the deeper midfield positions with McLean on the bench. I'd argue all have a greater attacking/scoring threat than McLean and we need at least one goal, plus Christie, Tansey, and Shinnie have greater bite and that's needed. Won't happen though.

Not making this one.

Was in Maribor and concerned we might end up with a similar ref display/result !

Daughter in Glasgow tomorrow before heading to Tenereife and was asking where might be showing game ?

Any help appreciated

Presume the rock in hyndland is showing this, Bobby? Doubt you'd be hard pressed to find it in all honesty. Plenty of places should be showing it in the centre.

Presume the rock in hyndland is showing this, Bobby? Doubt you'd be hard pressed to find it in all honesty. Plenty of places should be showing it in the centre.

The Rock isn't showing it, they don't have Premier Sports.  We believe that Molly Malone's on Hope St, (just off Sauchiehall St) will have it, they've had it the last couple of years.

drop rooney he is not effective v higher class opposition , am quite sure if you looked at his goals in the SPL i would hazard a guess that most of them are against bottom 6 fodder

Would that not likely be the case for all strikers due to the fact they're playing against bottom 6 fodder?  It would be strange to see strikers only scoring against the top teams in the league, but not the dross.

If Rooney is presented with chances and misses them, then it's probably time for him to have a rest.  If he isn't getting chances then that is surely because those who are supposed to supply him, aren't supplying him.

I don't think it's as easy as saying "Drop Rooney".  I'm also not convinced Siroki are "higher class opposition".

Would that not likely be the case for all strikers due to the fact they're playing against bottom 6 fodder?  It would be strange to see strikers only scoring against the top teams in the league, but not the dross.

If Rooney is presented with chances and misses them, then it's probably time for him to have a rest.  If he isn't getting chances then that is surely because those who are supposed to supply him, aren't supplying him.

I don't think it's as easy as saying "Drop Rooney".  I'm also not convinced Siroki are "higher class opposition".

^^This.

Tron in Edinburgh are showing the game for anyone in the Capital looking to watch the game.

i think a very low % of his goals are v hearts. sevco, celtic and hibs when they come up check who normally scores in these games... i maybe wrong, i think maynard looked more mobile and had more guile to perhaps get a goal

You got a crystal ball now too?  He scored against them in the only match he's played against them in the last 3 years. Is that not enough?

30 degrees is fuck all if you're fit.

Pish excuse even if you're used to playing in Scotland.

It'll be humid and hot so get some water down ya.

Rooney I'd drop.he doesn't merit a starting place on current form when we have other choices.

Bring him on at 70 minutes.

I think Deek and Doc will have got the lads in a decent shape and I'll say 2-0 us.

Like I said, I didn't see anything too much to worry about from them.

Decent team but we are better.

30 degrees is fuck all if you're fit.

Pish excuse even if you're used to playing in Scotland.

It'll be humid and hot so get some water down ya.

Rooney I'd drop.he doesn't merit a starting place on current form when we have other choices.

Bring him on at 70 minutes.

I think Deek and Doc will have got the lads in a decent shape and I'll say 2-0 us.

Like I said, I didn't see anything too much to worry about from them.

Decent team but we are better.

Having lived and played in Los Angeles and Orlando the heat and humidity is definitely significant. Very different to playing at home. Fitness means fuck all when you're playing in an oven, your body is not used to those type of demands. I think Jack Charlton talked about the brutal heat and humidity of the 94 World Cup and players lost a stone in weight during a game. Tactics will be overly important and set pieces may well be significant which maybe means we see some Stockley.......or is he still suspended?

Well unsurprisingly dons fans were attacked last night. Flares bottles etc, certainly expected something to happen and sounds like it was the Croats cunts, zrinjski. Hope everyone who knows folks out there know they're ok. I'd expect more of the same at the game from those fascist arseholes.