Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Final - Dons vs Tims

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC gossip column we've turned down the extra 1500 tickets and Celtic will now get a bigger allocation. Not sure I understand the logic there.

If that's true, that is absolutely pathetic to bow down to their public pressure.

If that's true, that is absolutely pathetic to bow down to their public pressure.

You think it's anything to do with public pressure? The only reason the dons would turn down the tickets is if they think that existing sales were very slow and they were unlikely to shift the additional amount at a cost to themselves. Disappointing if true like, it is just in the BBC gossip section however.

Lots of decisions at Pittodrie are made by former plod.  Security considerations - the tickets were all upper South.

Most of these guys making decisions (security people) are not Aberdeen fans.  Same as singing section catastrophe - decisions made by security people inside Pittodrie. 

Given we had more tickets than Celtic it evens it up more or less but it would have made sense to have a half of any remaining available tickets.

Plus the no tickets left SOLD OUT thing is a myth.  Supporters club has been told they can get extra tickets if they want.  So there is still tickets available through supporters clubs just not walk up at Pittodrie.

Ref for Hampden SCF is Bobby Madden.

Supposedly Madden is a Rangers fan.  By that logic we are going to win the cup then???

Joking aside all Referees have a club they support - all of them...... given they are football supporters themselves.

There are a good few of them massive Dons fans as well.

Of the three things you've stated today with absolute certainty, which is true and who is your source (nae a name if you don't feel like sharing)?

1. Jack and Pawlett will not play in the final

2. Security reasons meant that Aberdeen are not going to take up an allocation of tickets for the final

3. A good few Scottish professional league (you imply professional league with your statement) referees are massive Dons fans

Could you provide any back up for any of the above? Thanks.

Of the three things you've stated today with absolute certainty, which is true and who is your source (nae a name if you don't feel like sharing)?

1. Jack and Pawlett will not play in the final

2. Security reasons meant that Aberdeen are not going to take up an allocation of tickets for the final

3. A good few Scottish professional league (you imply professional league with your statement) referees are massive Dons fans

Could you provide any back up for any of the above? Thanks.

Aaaah, another classic from the school of Donstalk factual accuracies requests.  Each day a millions a 1 posts and opinions are spouted on here and never queried.  I happen to state a few pretty obvious ones and flash BINGO "Can you back that up with facts/sources'....

However,

1: Bud......Ryan Jack had a Groin operations last week???? A week ago. Its fair to say I am not going to add to the 'he is going to Rangers conspiracy' which has been alluded to here but there is no way in hell a key player in his position can get an operation last week on his groin and be fit for the final?

Pawlett has an injured ankle? He was never going to start the final and at best be a 2nd half sub.

2: The club have satisfied demand for Hampden and are not taking up extra tickets.  I am not getting into argument with you or providing facts to appease your query.

3: Whilst recognising that you probably think the world is against Aberdeen and that all referees are 'against us' referees are I would guess normal football fans who have clubs and affiliations underneath all the match day duties.  To be honest if you can't appreciate that without facts then too bad.

.One other thing if you dont like my answers - tough shit.

I genuinely did not think a single referee in the top flight supported Aberdeen?  It's news to me.  Not disagreeing with you but I've seen plenty who are clearly huns / tims etc...

Well I have no idea whatsoever or facts or (my wife knows such and such) evidence that a referee supports any team of any type or name.  No idea.

But given referees are normal football fans underneath it all, like a bloke that cleans streets and have interest in the game of football and anyone that follows football likes a team its possibly fair to say that they all have a team outside of the impartiality that have on a field? 

Liam McLeod (Sportscene commentator is massive Dandy, so is Richard Gordon, so is Rob McLean so is Michael Grant (Herald) - it does not mean that are biased in words, actions or views.

And given Aberdeen are a big team its probably fair to say some refs will like Aberdeen?  No? I can think of 3 or 4 Premier League referees from the past who came from Aberdeen?

From all the waffle and stuff I have read / heard Bobby Madden was a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

By that logic being alluded to we should be going to Hampden and the SFA now in a good frame of mind thanking them for this appointment for what is a game between our team and his hated rivals!

Because whatever Aberdeen fans think about Rangers I know for a fact that there is only one team that Rangers fans hate and they play in green!!

Aaaah, another classic from the school of Donstalk factual accuracies requests.  Each day a millions a 1 posts and opinions are spouted on here and never queried.  I happen to state a few pretty obvious ones and flash BINGO "Can you back that up with facts/sources'....

They're not fucking obvious though are they? You've clearly stated below (edit: below in your original point, I didn't quote the full thing) that you don't have a fucking clue if their right or wrong. I'm specifically asking you, because you've written some stuff that is new information with absolute certainty, where nobody else on this forum has. You've stated that our captain is definitely missing for the final. That's a pretty big story I'd say, yet it's pish - you don't have a fucking clue.

You then state that the club have definitely refused the allocation (previously only a Daily Express rumour) on security grounds. Again, I'd say, a pretty reasonable scoop from yersel - except that's absolute pish too.

Finally you state that there are "a good few of them who are dons fans too" in regard to refs. I don't believe for a second that refs are biased one way or another based on what team they support, but I know there's a shite load of folk who do. I'd be genuinely interested if it turned to be true, but again you just made some shite up to back up whatever fucking point you were making.

I don't dislike your answers, I just think they're fucking weird.

The best I can say about Madden getting the gig is that at least it's not Collum.  The only ref I have ever seen who I am 100% sure was consistently corrupt in favour of his team was McCurry.  I am of  the opinion that virtually every referee that has ever taken charge of a football match just want's to get every decision right regardless of what team they follow.  If Madden makes a wrong call in our favour, big or small, then it will be down to incompetence not bias. 

Well I have no idea whatsoever or facts or (my wife knows such and such) evidence that a referee supports any team of any type or name.  No idea.

But given referees are normal football fans underneath it all, like a bloke that cleans streets and have interest in the game of football and anyone that follows football likes a team its possibly fair to say that they all have a team outside of the impartiality that have on a field? 

Liam McLeod (Sportscene commentator is massive Dandy, so is Richard Gordon, so is Rob McLean so is Michael Grant (Herald) - it does not mean that are biased in words, actions or views.

And given Aberdeen are a big team its probably fair to say some refs will like Aberdeen?  No? I can think of 3 or 4 Premier League referees from the past who came from Aberdeen?

Rob McLean is a Ross County fan. He hales from Invergordon or thereabouts.

They're not fucking obvious though are they? You've clearly stated below (edit: below in your original point, I didn't quote the full thing) that you don't have a fucking clue if their right or wrong. I'm specifically asking you, because you've written some stuff that is new information with absolute certainty, where nobody else on this forum has. You've stated that our captain is definitely missing for the final. That's a pretty big story I'd say, yet it's pish - you don't have a fucking clue.

You then state that the club have definitely refused the allocation (previously only a Daily Express rumour) on security grounds. Again, I'd say, a pretty reasonable scoop from yersel - except that's absolute pish too.

Finally you state that there are "a good few of them who are dons fans too" in regard to refs. I don't believe for a second that refs are biased one way or another based on what team they support, but I know there's a shite load of folk who do. I'd be genuinely interested if it turned to be true, but again you just made some shite up to back up whatever fucking point you were making.

I don't dislike your answers, I just think they're fucking weird.

RicoS321 -the Donstalk resident voice of truth and reason.