SC Semi-final - Dons - HIVs - Sat 22 April - 12:15

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! missed that.

Hopefully it was bitter and twisted.

He can get to fuck but I'm pleased for Hibs.

After the long long wait for a Scottish cup win, they have defended their title with honour.

Out is out, but at least they didn't blow it in the first round or lose to Hearts.

McLean was shite as usual though.

Big game bottler.

Sorry got to take issue with that.

McLean one of our better performers o  the pitch and by fuck did he want to win and was geeing up team mates and the fans.

MOTM amongst all of those around me.

Sorry got to take issue with that.

McLean one of our better performers o  the pitch and by fuck did he want to win and was geeing up team mates and the fans.

MOTM amongst all of those around me.

Came on to say much the same.  McLean and Shinnie were constantly in Hibs faces.  I'd also disagree with the comment about Hayes not playing well, he certainly tried his usual pace but just kept getting battered by the Hibs defence whenever he was looking like getting past them - I was pretty relieved to see that he made it to the end in one piece.

the O'Connor sub definitely not the best decision deek has ever made  :laughing: - i can see what his thinking was (to play out the game), but we lost that goal straight after because our defence then didn't have a clue where they were meant to be. 

Difficult to tell if they would have settled as he changed it straight back again not long after, but we certainly don't look comfortable with 3 (4? 5?) at the back.  When McGinn came on, went back to our strongest team and shape, was just praying Hibs didn't get a last minute number as i reckon we would have come out on top in ET because of that.

Bottom line, trying to play safe ironically nearly cost us the game.  Had we simply stuck to our proven winning team with like-for-like swaps (McGinn>Christie, O'Connor>Taylor probably?) we would likely have been more comfortable. 

The team and management need to get their heads around treating cup-ties as just another game we need to win, and not start thinking they have to do something different.

Well of course, I only saw it on the telly but he looked shite to me.

Wimping out of every challenge as usual and fucking up everything he touched.

I was never going to be a fan but he drives me mad with his poncing about.

McLean was up against Fyvie who Popcorn Teeth took off after little more than half an hour. Think that speaks volumes about McLean's contribution.

I understand.

But McLean was one of the best playing - outstanding.  Fought, battled, passed cleverly, good touches and passes.

It was one of his good days - an on form player.

McGinn (the Hibs one) would be a good player for us.  Lots of drive and positive player.

Outside Hampden after the game was a catastrophe for a lot of people traffic wise.  It look over an 1hr to clear. 

I understand.

But McLean was one of the best playing - outstanding.  Fought, battled, passed cleverly, good touches and passes.

It was one of his good days - an on form player.  I have not been a fan of him - I think he is a flair player, passes, touches.  Bite is not his game.

But today was his game.

McGinn (the Hibs one) would be a good player for us.  Lots of drive and positive player.

Outside Hampden after the game was a catastrophe for a lot of people traffic wise.  It look over an 1hr to clear.

Well that's just back after leaving Aberdeen at 6:30 this morning to drive to Glasgow for the first time ever, everything was going so well until we got to Glasgow and that fucking SatNav shyte can go thrown itself aff Torry bridge, took us to fucking Ibrox!!!!!!  My 10 year old says at this point, you get the Petrol Dad and I'll get the matches!  :o  His Ma was raging at that and guess who got the blame?

Anyhoo, we made the game in plenty of time and got the car parked at a Subway station and walked up to Hampden, fuck there is are some real poor folk doon their, I'm nae over familiar with the place as tend to avoid it, but got my eyes opened to it today with a good walk around the place.

Anyway what a way to start a match, one nil up in less than a minute and 2 up a short while after, but to be fair to Lennon he made a good decision in putting on Holt and got rewarded straight away and you could see the nerves hit us, especially in defence, he really needs to sort it out in the summer as we are rank at the back, bar big Joe, who is a class act. We go in at half time still in front though and you think we will come out fighting in the second half, but obviously we started how we left off the first half and Hibs we still coming at us and no real surprise when they equalised and my bowels were in bits and I have to admit fearing the worst at this point, but who better than Jonny Hayes to pop up late in the game and score us the winner and what a bounce when that went in, makes you forget (almost) about all the other shit which happened in the game.

Plenty of negatives to take from the game, but we are in the final and that's all that matters, we know what the problems are and they can be discussed at a later date.

I enjoyed that today, a good game and must have been great viewing for neutrals, but just feels great to have a Scottish Cup final to look forward too.

COYR

Oh aye, the ref (beaton) is a clown and what is the point of having the two additional clowns behind the goal, they offer nothing.

I often wonder what I've watched when I read other's analysis. I usually compare mine with the views of neutrals and they tend to be similar.

McLean got caught in possession so many times and decision making for when to pass was hopeless. Not reading the tempo properly ever really.

Shinnie was man of the match by a country mile and a half.

I've read Ryan Jack was outstanding, fought for everything and was a cool head. Totally made up  :dunno: because he did nothing at all and unsurprisingly so because he was on a suspension

Rooney could have walked off after 13 seconds and it would have made no difference.

We were so in control for the first 30 minutes it's clearly all down to mentality how we play. One hiccup and that never returned the rest of the match. The standard of defending and will to win the ball after our 3rd when the adrenaline was pumping and everyone was so focused, that needs to be replicated over 90 minutes to be a great team and we've only seen that in the home wins over Celtic.

Thought McLean was better than Jack today by quite a bit. Personally think Jack should be stripped of the captaincy for the final as can't really see him staying. Give it to Shinnie.

Seems a few people are forgetting this was a semi final, the occasion can get to the best of them. Found the tv commentary hilarious, they were watching a different game and seemed to be willing Hibs to win, leapt from my seat when we scored the winner, fuck the BBC.

They rattled on about Hibs " knowing how to get the job done", they've won it once in the last hundred years, fuckin idiots!

Fascinating game.  Chuffed for Rooney to get the goal and it was a peach of a finish which I felt was completely overshadowed by it's early arrival.  Christie's free kick get's better everytime I watch it, I'm not even sure you can blame the wall or keeper for it either which says a lot.  The midfield played well and carried us through that despite the worst efforts of the defence..... I'm going to moan now.

Taylor was appallingly bad for both goals.  If he had stayed with holt for the first he would have had it easily as Holt didn't even have to jump.  If he hadn't watched the ball and tracked the runner for goal no2 he would likely intercept the pass and at worst have the opportunity to block the shot.  I was raging when Reynolds got hooked and not  Taylor but he did make some amends with a top drawer last ditcher with only a few minutes left.  If AOC had started ahead of him i think we would have coasted the game. 

Ultimately we jammed it a bit today today, we threw away a 2 goal lead when coasting and all because HIbs took on a lumbering 36 yo.  Rooney was completely isolated for most of the game, the defence was jumpy and if it wasn't for Shinnie, Jack and Maclean we would have been stuffed.  We have 5 games to get our act together if we want to have any hope of winning the final.

Dont get me wrong I'm delighted to get to the final, result will always come ahead of performance with me but we made hard work of that. 

Only thing certain is if we want to win it its going to take a monumental effort, monumental effort to win it.

Rooney stranded half game.

No out ball as Hibs had with Holt.  He changed the game.

Backed off attacking forays from Hibs.

Its going to have to be superhuman to win the cup.  We have to try something else like two upfront - honestly they have to go for it.  Even if it means losing 1-5 we have to turn up, battle, tackle harder than ever or I am afriad we will lose.

Saw that from yesterday - lucky as hell.

Only thing certain is if we want to win it its going to take a monumental effort, monumental effort to win it.

Rooney stranded half game.

No out ball as Hibs had with Holt.  He changed the game.

Backed off attacking forays from Hibs.

Its going to have to be superhuman to win the cup.  We have to try something else like two upfront - honestly they have to go for it.  Even if it means losing 1-5 we have to turn up, battle, tackle harder than ever or I am afriad we will lose.

Saw that from yesterday - lucky as hell.

We can beat them I am sure of that, but only if we play our game which means we have to attack them and we are capable of that. We also need to sort out the backline in the last 5 games, get god in to hammer into them how to clear their lines.

I don't want us going down just to make up the numbers we are better than that.