Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer transfer window

Why is Scott Wright not being integrated into the matchday 90 mins more via the subs bench? 

SPL experienced players are the way forward - people with good solid experience at other SPL clubs.  No marks from EU do not work as is case at Hearts currently.  I can think of 10/11 players off the top of my head who while maybe not available would be suitable for boosting the Dons squad:

Ryan Christie

Liam Boyce

Sean Maloney

David Gray

Michael Devlin

Ali Crawford

Sam Nicholson

Jamie Walker

Steven Naismith

Owain Fon Williams

Alan Mannus

Scott Bain

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory on Wright is that he doesn't have the work rate. Just from the few times I've seen him. Compared to McGinn or Hayes, it's just nae there. Nae really seen enough of him though, but McInnes clearly doesn't rate him. That leaves us with zero youngsters coming through for next season unless Harvie returns ready.

Fae your list, I'd take Walker and Crawford definitely and probably Boyce (although he's almost too much like Rooney in position and pace). The rest I'm nae convinced by. Devlin would be fine too, but not convinced he's any better than O'Connor and I think we should aiming a large chunk of our budget on a striker and replacing McGinn. 

Anyone remember the guy Jason Lowe? Heavily linked to come to us loan in the Craig Brown era, well he's just been released from Blackburn Rovers, along for a name we were linked with early last year, Gordon Greer.

A CB, albeit an ageing CB, but if we are being honest, could probably do a job for us in Greer & I am almost certain that the boy Lowe is a CDM. Maybe wee Brown has been keeping tabs on him?

Unlikely that either will come, probably go to League 1 or another Championship club, but you never know. 

36  :frown:

Nothing wrong with an experienced CB joining though. Played 20+ times for Blackburn in the Championship this season ( I think ) and is 6ft 4". I do think it's unlikely but I remember his name being mentioned a few times at the beginning of this, or last season, can't remember.

What about the lad Jason Lowe? Am I right in saying Brown said publicly we were getting him on loan before it collapsed? Or am I thinking of a completely different player?

Scott MacDonald leaving Motherwell apparently.

Shud we?

:P

Sure every time he is out of contract there are rumours of him going back home to play. Wouldn't be surprised if that was what he did. Think the ship has sailed on him potentially playing for us.

like the look of the lad jones at killie , replacement for pawlett/mcginn

Thats actually a pretty decent shout. Certainly wouldn't be adverse to that.

Would signing the Inverness scouting team not be a better idea? We must have what ? 5 Ex Caley players in our ranks atm

Ach, dinnae knock them min, Caley do a great job for us, it's nae their fault we aren't allowed to have the reserve team in-house at the moment.

Nae sure about Watkins though, paper talk has him signing for Norwich.

Boy Forbes at Morton ??

Who was that young kid at Motherwell, winger, who came on against us at For park and caused a bit of bother?direct kinda guy and fast? Canna mind his me though

Dom Thomas.....was on loan at QoS second half of season. No better than any of our kids that we released and not even as good as Smith or Storey. Cadden from Motherwell I'd probably take a punt on