Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I thought we would have made a move, unless we have decided on another target. Or McInnes is happy with Jack, Flood and McLean in there for next season...

Flood will be away. Lots of rumours of him heading back down the A90 and down a league.

Flood will be away. Lots of rumours of him heading back down the A90 and down a league.

That would be a really good move for him if you ask me, if the arabs get their act together then the scrap between utd, hibs and possibly falkirk (though you would think falkirk will be getting cherry picked if they don't get promoted) could be a really good watch.  Flood would be a good guy to have in your team if you want to challenge for the  championship IMO 

Connor Salmon?  WTF?  It would be a really un-necessary signing given our recruitment so far.  I've asked my hibee mate what he thinks of Hanlon and he says that he's a great player, grafter too.  He's not the tallest though (5'11) but then again that's not necessarily too much of a hindrance if he can read a game well.  He's 26 and has played over 200 games for Hibs so he's at a good age with plenty top flight first team experience.  It could be an interesting move if it happens, if he can read the game well and organise a defence he would have ability that none of our current CB's have.

Does it make anyone else sad that Anderson wasn't born 5 years later?

Edit: more from my hibee pal.

Yeah, decent pace. Does a full 90 all the time and great at passing and slowing the game down. Sad to see him go.

That would be a really good move for him if you ask me, if the arabs get their act together then the scrap between utd, hibs and possibly falkirk (though you would think falkirk will be getting cherry picked if they don't get promoted) could be a really good watch.  Flood would be a good guy to have in your team if you want to challenge for the  championship IMO 

Actually agree about it being a good move for Flood.

Likely, given their financial position that The Arabs will have a few kids in their team. Going to be tough to get out The Championship next season and they'll need an experienced head in the middle of the park. Reckon Flood likely to be more influential in their team next season than he would be in ours.

Likely, given their financial position that The Arabs will have a few kids in their team. Going to be tough to get out The Championship next season and they'll need an experienced head in the middle of the park. Reckon Flood likely to be more influential in their team next season than he would be in ours.

Great minds Al  ;D

Whatever else you can say about flood he's clearly no fun to play against and Utd will need that next season.

Can't argue with that, I also wouldn't grudge flood the move if he wanted more playing time provided we can replace him with someone of a higher quality.

I do suspect we would miss his influence generally more than his performances on the pitch though.  I'm sure I've read about him being a real nightmare in training constantly pulling people up if they look to be taking it easy... That's the exact kind of attitude we need from our senior players.

Christ, some journalist on Twitter noticed that Gordon Greer had been released by Brighton and might be on his way to Aberdeen...

Jesus wept  ::)

On the positive side however, wearing an Aberdeen shirt would certainly call time on his Scotland career  ;)

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that Greer is actually a decent defender. I'd take him for a season. Far more assured than Taylor, a good organiser and strong. Bit of an old cunt obviously, but I don't think that'd go amiss in our team. Perhaps even make him captain to ease the pressure on the others.

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that Greer is actually a decent defender. I'd take him for a season. Far more assured than Taylor, a good organiser and strong. Bit of an old cunt obviously, but I don't think that'd go amiss in our team. Perhaps even make him captain to ease the pressure on the others.

The leadership I'd agree with but I've never been convinced by him as a player. I've found it a travesty that he plays in the national team. I do think Shinnie should be captain though.

The leadership I'd agree with but I've never been convinced by him as a player. I've found it a travesty that he plays in the national team. I do think Shinnie should be captain though.

Yep, I don't think he should be in the national team either, but I only think that because I believe he's too old to see out the next campaign. He's definitely a better footballer than Grant Hanley. He's certainly the type of defender we should be looking at, and if there are no younger ones available then he'd be a good choice.

Yep, I don't think he should be in the national team either, but I only think that because I believe he's too old to see out the next campaign. He's definitely a better footballer than Grant Hanley. He's certainly the type of defender we should be looking at, and if there are no younger ones available then he'd be a good choice.

Let's not even start with Hanley, epitomizes why I can't really like the national team at the moment.

I suppose Greer could be our Weir / experienced type of signing, if only to try and keep Reynolds from panicking every time a player is near him.

Should not be looking at any United defender or from any team that got relegated.

Nae sure if I necessarily agree. By that logic we shouldn't be looking at any Championship player who didn't get promoted but I could name 2 or 3 Hibs players that I'd like to see at AFC Football Club.

I've never even heard of this Morris boy so I have no idea how good/shite he is but if we need experience to provide squad depth then it may not be the worst signing?