Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physical mobile striker that scores goals....not many about I would rather we went for el whatshisface

Yeah me too!

Did a little swotting up on the guy.  Defo a threat in the air!

He was signed on a 5 year deal in 2009 and was playing off the bench 1st team football for AFCB at 15 due to player shortages.  AFCB were in the shit at this point of his career and he played in the conference south and then league 2.  That was the last time he ever played for them and has had various loan spells in the conference and league up until exeter.  His strike record is varied but, bar his time at luton, he has scored fairly regularly when he was in the first 11 more often than on the bench.

I had a look at a cherries forum and generally there was positivity about his play and wanting him to get a good move.  Also Howe rated him it would seem and you would say he knew his onions when it came to youth development.  I found it interesting he was given a one year deal last summer just as the got promoted to the top flight, if he was useless surely he would have been discarded then instead.    So far it's between ourselves, Exeter and Portsmouth it would seem and I agree with one fan that pointed out that AFC fans would be delighted if we got to dick Bournemouth for the development fee after the pittance they paid for Fraser.

Yeah me too!

Did a little swotting up on the guy.  Defo a threat in the air!

He was signed on a 5 year deal in 2009 and was playing off the bench 1st team football for AFCB at 15 due to player shortages.  AFCB were in the shit at this point of his career and he played in the conference south and then league 2.  That was the last time he ever played for them and has had various loan spells in the conference and league up until exeter.  His strike record is varied but, bar his time at luton, he has scored fairly regularly when he was in the first 11 more often than on the bench.

I had a look at a cherries forum and generally there was positivity about his play and wanting him to get a good move.  Also Howe rated him it would seem and you would say he knew his onions when it came to youth development.  I found it interesting he was given a one year deal last summer just as the got promoted to the top flight, if he was useless surely he would have been discarded then instead.    So far it's between ourselves, Exeter and Portsmouth it would seem and I agree with one fan that pointed out that AFC fans would be delighted if we got to dick Bournemouth for the development fee after the pittance they paid for Fraser.

I would be delighted if we returned the favour.  Don't mind Bournemouth but that fucked me off. Good effort on the thorough back story check tlg  ;)

Disappointed we're not going after the pars boy though, sounded quite an interesting prospect.

TeamTalk reporting we have won the race for the lad Stockley.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/aberdeen-win-race-for-young-bournemouth-striker?

Seems like he has an alright pedigree and if we are going to spend money on the compensation you'd have to imagine McInnes is fairly sure he's a player. Sounds like it would give us a different option up front which we are sorely lacking... All in all fairly positive, hopefully the sign of things to come.

Seems like he has an alright pedigree and if we are going to spend money on the compensation you'd have to imagine McInnes is fairly sure he's a player. Sounds like it would give us a different option up front which we are sorely lacking... All in all fairly positive, hopefully the sign of things to come.

That is the part that confuses me, would they be due compensation form us?? Not sure how it works between the Scottish and English Leagues.

That is the part that confuses me, would they be due compensation form us?? Not sure how it works between the Scottish and English Leagues.

I'd have thought they'd have had to offer him a new contract if they were expecting a fee? Would seem a little cheeky to offer him a new deal if he's nowhere near their first team squad.

From memory to qualify for development compensation the player must have been offered a contract better than the one he was currently on.

No idea if this lad will be any good or not but it is good to see club getting players in early again especially with the early start for the Europa campaign.

Would far prefer him to Church but if this happens you can see Shankland leaving.

Would be no bad thing I don't think. If we could even offer Shankland as part of the deal that'd be great. I see Stewart as more competition for Hayes and McGinn, which would be perfect. He's this years Shinnie/McLean: the best from the rest. It's good to see us re-investing in proven SPL players. Last night showed how much we need a good centre half and a good central midfielder too, which I'd prefer us to spend money on before Stewart.

Would be no bad thing I don't think. If we could even offer Shankland as part of the deal that'd be great. I see Stewart as more competition for Hayes and McGinn, which would be perfect. He's this years Shinnie/McLean: the best from the rest. It's good to see us re-investing in proven SPL players. Last night showed how much we need a good centre half and a good central midfielder too, which I'd prefer us to spend money on before Stewart.

And a good goalkeeper, moving for Mcgovern seems a no brainer for me given he's out of contract. 

I'm still yet to be convinced either way with Shankland, he's done well at helen by all accounts and i wouldn't be adverse to giving him another shot.

And a good goalkeeper, moving for Mcgovern seems a no brainer for me given he's out of contract. 

I'm still yet to be convinced either way with Shankland, he's done well at helen by all accounts and i wouldn't be adverse to giving him another shot.

Had high hopes for Shankland. Felt a bit sorry for him not really getting a run in the team and a ten minute cameo appearance here and there. The odd game he has played for us however I've not been overly convinced. Has a huge monkey on his back in not being able to get on the score sheet and wonder if he ever will for us now  :dunno: