Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AFC - Accies - Sun - 12:30

Hopefully after the massive disappointment of a week last Saturday the team will come back refreshed and buoyed by those who played international games.  We really need to get 3 points to even consider looking up rather than below.  Hopefully a decent crowd, though with it being on TV and shitey sunday early kick off, the club will be against it but at least they're trying something.

My one request from DM, please play Shinnie at Left Back. Leave out Reynolds or Taylor. Ok, that's two.

In / Out: Out

Prematch: Flat

Match: Flat

Post Match: Flat

Prediction: 1-0 Dons, McLean

CetfwjEXIAEEfKa.jpg:large

Big week coming up - by the time we play at Tynecastle we will know if we go into split still in with a slight chance of chasing the title

I fear we have blown it but got to aim to finish the best we can - traditionally we fade away with the post split fixtures, usually cause there is nothing to play for or we fancy chucking 2nd place with the last kick of the season

I will be watching Hamilton game on tv then heading to Hearts game - dunno how many games of the last 5 matches I will get to and I suppose like everyone else it will depend if they are meaningful in terms of points and position

So anyway Derek please get your team selection bang on against Hamilton, none of the Motherwell nonsense at the back and mucking Shinnie about

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/singing-in-memory-of-dons-fan/

There is to be a dedicated singing section at Aberdeen FC’s game with Hamilton tomorrow in memory of a North-east teenager who lost his battle with cancer.

Fans are rallying together to remember 16-year-old James Stewart, who passed away earlier this month less than a year after he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a form of bone cancer.

Dons fans have come together and a singing area within section Q of the south stand at Pittodrie is to be dedicated to James.

A minute’s applause will also take place during the 16th minute of the game, with fans being asked to sing, ‘There’s only one James Stewart’.

It comes after both sets of fans took part in a 16th minute round of applause in memory of James during the Dons’ clash with Motherwell last month.

During his brave fight, James continued to support his beloved team and formed a close bond with Aberdeen players.

Former captain Russell Anderson and leading goalscorer Adam Rooney attended James’ funeral as well as Aberdeen vice-chairman George Yule.

The club also cut its price on football tops to £10 for anyone attending James’ funeral.

Today brother Ecka described the support from fans towards James, of Peterculter, as exceptional.

He said: “The response has been amazing.

“I can’t believe everything that people have done for us.”

Aberdeen has organised a box for the family during tomorrow’s match. Ecka, along with his sisters Nichaela, Sandra and Natasha, as well as his mum Sandra and dad Alec are to attend the match.

Nice to see the club so heavily involved with all of it.

Please McInnes, play Shinnie at left back!

Looking forward to this one like. Be good to see us put on a decent performance. Slick conditions, plenty of shots on goal. Could see McLean grabbing one from distance. Heading along shortly, due to crippledness I can't go for a beer first as I need the wife to take me there and collect me. No pressure for the remaining games, just get out there and win them and hope the tims fuck up along the way.

Just back. Tanked them. Would have been nice to see Storie and Ross a bit earlier, but can't complain really. Not sure why Taylor came off, perhaps an injury? 5-0 would have been a more realistic scoreline I'd say.

Believe the commentators said it was a thigh strain.

I thought Reynolds had his best game in years. Yes I know Hamilton were gash but he lead the line well  hopefully this will do his confidence the world of good. Also, brown didn't have much to do but what he did do was excellent. Agree regarding the score, could and should have been at least 5-0. Jack impressed me too. Really hope we build on this and take the game to hearts on Friday.

Aye, I wondered that too. Weather wasn't even bad, but that figure came from the official club site so god knows what happened to those 1,500 who didn't show.

Club perhaps counting season tickets as 'tickets sold' in cunning marketing ploy to tempt people to the ticket office but not dishonest enough to count them in the final total?

Managed to see a bit of this game on-line. I thought Hayes played great. He ran rings around the Accies defence.

As I few have said, should have been a few more balls in the net.

A few new faces in and what a team we will have.  :thumbsup:

Thought storie looked good when he came on, some very tidy passing

Was really impressed with our first half display, we were all over Accies and it was 3-0 going on 6-0!

Second half the foot was off the gas a little but still controlled the game and still had chances to score.

Overall very pleased with that showing and if we start the Hearts game like we did against Accies then I would be a very happy man.

Standouts for me were Shinnie, Hayes and McLean.

Was really impressed with our first half display, we were all over Accies and it was 3-0 going on 6-0!

Second half the foot was off the gas a little but still controlled the game and still had chances to score.

Overall very pleased with that showing and if we start the Hearts game like we did against Accies then I would be a very happy man.

Standouts for me were Shinnie, Hayes and McLean.

Agree with all of that. Many more performances like that and we'll be struggling to hold on to these players!

Agree with all of that. Many more performances like that and we'll be struggling to hold on to these players!

That is indeed a worry.

It is only a matter of time before the knocks start ringing on the Pittodrie door for the likes of Johnny Hayes etc.

Even McInnes is likely to be subject to an approach from another club at some point.