Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Shinnie

I'd drive him back up the road tomorrow, we miss his drive and determination in midfield, he was an excellent Captain also.

Maybe not the best player Derby have, but I bet if given a chance he wouldn't let them down, he has a tenacious streak to him which I think would work well in that league.

I'd second that right now. I see Shinnie didn't make the squad again tonight. On the other side, I think Max Lowe is an ever present or close to now in their line up.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it quite tragic that AFC fans covet a footballer who is clearly not good enough for an average English second division team. Certainly not as a midfielder. He is best utilised as Left Back and in the competition for places, Max Lowe is their preferred option.

The tragedy is twofold as it indicates the gulf in class between Scotland and England on one hand and on the other it suggests that the squad at AFC right now is less than ideal, some would say shit.

I find it quite tragic that AFC fans covet a footballer who is clearly not good enough for an average English second division team. Certainly not as a midfielder. He is best utilised as Left Back and in the competition for places, Max Lowe is their preferred option.

The tragedy is twofold as it indicates the gulf in class between Scotland and England on one hand and on the other it suggests that the squad at AFC right now is less than ideal, some would say shit.

Does it really matter who he is or is not playing for? He would make us better and is most likely available is the next window.

Certainly a truth to what you wrote, but the fact is we miss his drive and determination on the pitch, nobody to lead by example on it, he may not be the best player in the middle of the park and I believe he is a far better left back, but he has the heart of a lion.

Now Derby are no great team, but it is quite sad he hasn't been given a chance, I think again his drive and determination would improve them as a team in that league, but clearly doesn't feature in the managers plans, how long their manager lasts is another matter.

Sadly, I don't think he will come back to us.

Does it really matter who he is or is not playing for? He would make us better and is most likely available is the next window.

By asking the question whether it matters where he is and whether he's playing right now or not, you miss the point.

He would undoubtedly improve AFC if he were to return. Therein lies the tragedy, for the two specific reasons I gave.

Unless Derby punt Cocu sharpish I'm now convinced already there is no way back for him at Derby. They aren't doing particularly well though so Cocu getting punted isn't an unrealistic proposition. When he can't even make the bench (and taking into account the shenanigans of the 3 Derby players last week, one of whom is out for the season) it says a lot what the current management think of him.

Derby I'm sure would prefer him to go somewhere that the receiving club can make as close a contribution to his Derby earnings as possible. That's sevco up here......but given his lack of action, any loaning club has the nap hand over Derby. Sevco have a surfeit of midfielders and I think they'd be mainly interested in him as a left back (if at all). Given that we were willing to make him the highest paid player in the club's history, we could actually end up getting him back on loan in January for a couple of grand cheaper than we were going to pay him on a new contract....albeit without having his services for 6 months. We certainly need him as things have not panned out as most of us thought they would in the heady optimistic days of pre-season

By asking the question whether it matters where he is and whether he's playing right now or not, you miss the point.

He would undoubtedly improve AFC if he were to return. Therein lies the tragedy, for the two specific reasons I gave.

I got your point, I’m just got past that issue a long time ago. It’s been this way for years, surprised you brought it up.

I really thought we'd be a better footballing team minus shinnie. Mainly because he is best at left back. But christ, we have a pea hearted team. Less consi and Lewis, they are spineless.

It's a shame things haven't worked out for him at Derby. We knew his limitations and I have to say I was surprised he even got the call from them, but to not be given a shot. Just unfair.

We seriously miss his drive and passion.

• 3 weeks later...