Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Shinnie

Give the cunt his due though. I entered his shop in bow tie and dinner suit, aye, at half past four!

Aye aye, quirky coo mannie says I. You didn't have to bother, he says.

Then when I'm paying he says anywhere nice? I'd rather sit in the bath and stab my feet with a breadknife says I. A bit of a conversation killer and perhaps a tad miserable, I immediately reflected so followed it up with something like, aye, not a serious stabbing and he comes back with, oh right, just a gentle jab.

The guy's fucking brilliant, as you can imagine from his trading name. Thanks to a poster on here for recommending it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was any doubt of his utter madness, he buried those doubts tonight. He said - of the Inspiration award winner, a soldier who lost his leg in Helmand and who was an amazing guy who told us his artificial one cost 60 grand - that we should borrow that leg for the world cup. Then he said that he's got players not even worth 60 grand. He then tried, and succeeded, in ingratiating himself to the crowd (remember the 95% principle, I wisna buying any of it) by saying how wonderful golf is (and how much he hates it, referring to the infuriatingly frustrating nature of it, particularly if played like a non-expert which he undoubtedly will be) and that if it was a choice between Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle and a golf tournament, he would watch the golf every time. He then quipped that if it was Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle then he would rather watch Jeremy Kyle.

Unacceptable from a national manager. You should have recorded it and put it on youtube. The press would go mental. Oh no, that's right, they couldn't give a fuck about anything not involving the scum, and would find the national manager talking down our game as hilarious and useful.

Reminds me of the time I witnesses John Rowbotham doing an after dinner. Talked of giving decisions against certain players and teams he didn't like. Confirmed everything you need to know about refs. Total cunt of a man.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/sport-editors-picks/869237/undefined-headline-1599/

Sign InSubscribe

HOMENEWSWATCHSPORTBUSINESSLIFESTYLEP&J+JOBSENERGYCARSMORE

The Press and Journal

Subscribe today for 99p

HOMENEWSWATCHSPORTBUSINESSLIFESTYLEP&J+JOBSENERGYCARSMORE

SPORT

Mark McGhee explains Charlie Mulgrew is keeping Graeme Shinnie out of Scotland squad

23 March 2016 by Andy Skinner

0 comments

Scotland assistant manager Mark McGheeScotland assistant manager Mark McGhee

Scotland assistant manager Mark McGhee claims there is no room for Aberdeen defender Graeme Shinnie in the squad.

The left back was overlooked by manager Gordon Strachan for tomorrow’s game against Czech Republic and Tuesday’s match against Denmark, despite a string of impressive performances for the Dons this season and with Caley Thistle last term.

Although the 24-year-old was included in the squad for European qualifiers against Poland and Gibraltar towards the end of last year, he was not handed his first cap.

Former Dons manager McGhee says Hull City defender Andy Robertson and Celtic’s Charlie Mulgrew have sewn up the position between themselves for the double-header, meaning there was no place for the Aberdeen defender.

When asked why neither Shinnie nor Rangers captain Lee Wallace, who has also impressed for the league leaders in the Championship this season, had been called up McGhee said: “We can’t accommodate everyone in every position.

“Andy Robertson, for instance, has done brilliantly. Charlie Mulgrew will play left back as well.

“We can’t have everyone in the squad. Mulgrew and Robertson are the ones in possession. There is no place for those other players.

“I could name another dozen people who could be in. But Gordon has to pick a squad that he thinks is right and he wants to learn as much about as he possibly can and he has picked the ones that he thinks are right.”

Dons manager Derek McInnes was among those to query why Shinnie’s outstanding club form has not been recognised but McGhee says uncapped players such as the Aberdeen defender should not feel disheartened at not being part of the squad until qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia begins in September.

McGhee added: “The critical thing for players is when Gordon comes to name the squad for the Malta game when the campaign starts.

“Then people can start to worry if they’re not in it or ask the question about why someone’s not in it.

“At this stage, we’re just trying to gain as much knowledge as we possibly can and at the same time keep a balance of the squad that makes us able to be competitive and do well in the games.”

Mulgrew?! Shocking...

That interview just confirms what an utter clown McGhee is. Also suggests he and the ginger clown will be gone sooner rather than later. If they honestly think Mulgrew is a better player than Shinnie then there is no chance they will put together a team capable of getting out of the group.

More importantly, Mulgrew isn't even a left back these days, hence the reason they wanked on about thon useless Tierney fuck. Fair enough pick Mulgrew due to our dearth of good centre halves, but to suggest he's a better left back than Shinnie is ridiculous - he just isn't.

• 6 months later...

Didn't see the game today, just saw highlights, but Shinnie creates the first goal, quality cross as he did in the previous round. While I certainly rate him as a left back I've never pushed him to be a midfielder for Scotland. Why not left or central mid? As much as we tend to write him off for being a left back out of position he's doing well for in central mid for the second top team who just reached a final. He plays every week, is fit, and plays with the passion, drive, and confidence our national team so sadly lacks. Plus he's a natural leader. Why not play him in central or left mid if wee gordy insists in Robertson, Tierney, or Wallace at left back. Best signing we've had in years (permanent signing), doesn't get the credit he deserves from those out side of dons fans.

Pretty valid comment in my mind LA don. From a left midfield perspective he is certainly able n ample to assist in defensive and  attacking duties with whichever left back the ginge prefers. Would Provide ready made in the game (or bench) cover for any on field subs/formation changes n as stated has real drive/leadership qualities..... shame he wears a red strip in north oh scotland!

One of 2 other colours and he'd be a stick in!

Ive spoke to a few guys this morning regarding their m.o.t.m yesterday, & i've heard Considine,O'Connor,Shinnie & Maddison mentioned  ;D

:rofl:

They're obviously still drunk! Only one that deserved to be mentioned there was Shinnie. O'Connor had a poor game by his standards and Madisson never got going. I did enjoy a couple of heid first moments from Consi right enough  ;D

I agree about your other point, was ridiculous that they weren't on earlier, although I called for McGinn, Rooney and McLean to all be subbed, within seconds, Rooney scores  ;D

I've no problems with not having any of our squad tainted with the indignity of getting shafted in one of those scotland squads at the moment.

I'd prefer it if the little smug cunt in charge came crawling looking for a left back once Wallace inevitably withdraws and he tells him to poke it.

Saying that, our manager doesn't think he's the best left back in our fucking squad so why on earth would he get picked there in an international squad?

Last season, when he was clearly the best left back in the country, I was livid for him. Now, since he's not playing there I can actually understand why that ginger midget hasn't picked him.

Agree with this, how can we expect him to be picked to play LB when he doesn't even play there for us. Don't normally agree with Strachan but he can't be faulted for this one.

• 2 months later...