Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The world according to TRUTH, not western lies

Strange how the US media are not really talking about the PSP angle just pnuemonia.

That's not really that strange though is it? First, it's entirely speculation. Speculation that is very personal and very controversial. If it's personal and controversial, then that level of interference would only be applied to someone who can't easily defend against it, or who's aims are in direct conflict with those of the media dedicated to investigating. Clinton falls into neither of those camps.

I saw this PSP thing mentioned about a month ago online (in some dubious places!) by some narcissist pharmaceutical chap who was pissed off at Obama, so I assumed it was balls. Interesting to hear yer mates view on it Rocket. If true, I assume it's as simple as getting her through the election, getting the democrats back in and then replacing her when she starts to get ill with someone of equal dubiety (her husband perhaps!). Maybe with her collapsing, it might bring about further speculation so that the media jumps on it. Surely if Trump knew about it he'd be using it to attack her (unless it turns out that he's actually good friends with the Clintons)?

• 2 months later...

Fucking hell, had to go back 5 pages for the politics thread. Is Donstalk being dumbed down with the influx of WYOWYN threads (that disnae mean stop)? It's an interesting thought.

Anyway, here is Catherine Austin-Fitts with an excellent point of view on the current financial system (in the US, but applicable here too). Last ten minutes definitely sums up the fed pretty and monetary policy well, with some pretty explosive accusations too:

I agreed with a lot of what was said, although they do come across as over a bit hysterical at times.  Whilst throwing a molotov cocktail at the system is all fine and well, at least she acknowledged that there are some scary aspects to Trumps (now successful) campaign.  The fact he surrounds himself with Adolf Guiliani and the pillowcase wearer is warning enough.  Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about humanity.  Let them fuck up America (sorry MBT and DD) but if he continues with his anti environment rhetoric we're all fucked.  That's my biggest concern (edit: world included).

I agreed with a lot of what was said, although they do come across as over a bit hysterical at times.  Whilst throwing a molotov cocktail at the system is all fine and well, at least she acknowledged that there are some scary aspects to Trumps (now successful) campaign.  The fact he surrounds himself with Adolf Guiliani and the pillowcase wearer is warning enough.  Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about humanity.  Let them fuck up America (sorry MBT and DD) but if he continues with his anti environment rhetoric we're all fucked.  That's my biggest concern (edit: world included).

Aye, the first part was a bit shite. Bit of a Trump love-in. However the last ten is excellent. Especially this on around 30 minutes:

“They (banks) are not private companies…. they are bureaucracies through which….society is run”

Fit a quote. Totally nails it.

Anyway, princes of the yen for those who haven't seen it afore:

• 3 weeks later...

The debate on Syria in the House of Commons in the light of what's happened in Aleppo has been unreal.

I mean that literally. These politicians are not real, not of this earth.

They can't all be in on it therefore I conclude that the majority are extremely stupid, an unfortunate state of affairs given their role in UK society. Their stupidity is either in failing to diversify their sources of information from beyond what is fed to the masses via the mainstream presstitute media or in believing what they're being told without questioning and therefore possessing an alarming lack of critical thinking abilities.

The last thing the US need is peace in Syria and we as their lapdogs are convincing ourselves of gross untruths and lies.

• 2 weeks later...

The US continuing to supply arms to the Syrian rebels i.e. ISIS is wrong on so many levels.

As the Russians are saying today, it's an act of hostility. That's indisputable but do we know why Assad became persona non grata almost overnight a few years back? This leader, married to a Brit, was welcome in this country and embraced by the establishment once upon a time. My bet is that he didn't roll over like the Saudis do and like Gadaffi did to accept the unethical bribes offered by the US. Aided by the lapdog leaders like Cameron and that fucking French poodle cunt, NATO engaged the propagandist industrial war machine and its complicit press to fabricate lies. The use of chemical weapons is something the US has a long history of, the Marshall Islands (atomic) and Vietnam (napalm) being opportunities for them to murder children. The naturally occurring divisions between people's poisoned by religious zealotry is fertile ground for a sick bully exploiter.

• 4 weeks later...

You must be fishing if you think Trump knows anything. He's a racist bigoted homophobe and already since he became President he's been show to struggle between understanding the truth between fact and fiction ('alternative fact').

Perhaps your judgement is being clouded by your opinion of the man?

Perhaps you don't understand his criticism of the press?

Perhaps the corruption of the media is invisible to you?

The latest example was today. I saw PMQ today. May opened with a welcome to some foreign visitors and condolences to the family and friends of the NI policeman. Corbyn opened with supporting May's sentiments in adding his condolences and then after his questions, a NI MP pointed out that the policeman wasn't actually dead!

On BBC Radio Scotland, it was reported that Corbyn made a huge gaffe, he doesn't know what's going on etc. and they're all totally slating him. The PM opened with it but she escapes the criticism?

The latest example was today. I saw PMQ today. May opened with a welcome to some foreign visitors and condolences to the family and friends of the NI policeman. Corbyn opened with supporting May's sentiments in adding his condolences and then after his questions, a NI MP pointed out that the policeman wasn't actually dead!

On BBC Radio Scotland, it was reported that Corbyn made a huge gaffe, he doesn't know what's going on etc. and they're all totally slating him. The PM opened with it but she escapes the criticism?

I saw PMQ too, and whilst i am no fan of May, the pedant in me feels the need to point out that i can pass condolences to your friends and family for your lack of understanding of the definition of condolences, but that doesn't therefore mean that yer deid.

The criticism only emerged because the DUP tried scoring points on it later on. Amazed that Corbyn didn't make more of the enormous u-turn May made over the white paper though.

But he's clearly corrupt as fuck himself. Channel 4 making a deal of his links with Goldman Sachs (via his appointments) - obviously that would never have happened under Clinton, but that doesn't mean Trump isn't at it.

Similarly, his bollocks about investigating election fraud, which is clearly a continuation of/opportunity to further the corrupt GOP's hammering of the poor and ethnic minorities to ensure that their votes don't count. A practice that was funded by the non-establishment Koch billionaires on Trump's behalf in this past election, winning him some key states.

He's a corrupt fuck, and that he his completely correct in his criticism of the press, completely correct in his attacks on the establishment, that doesn't make him any less likely to use that to his advantage whilst not doing anything to prevent those in power taking from those not. He's a product of 20 years of political bankruptcy. Of failure to ask questions and the dumbing down of discussion.

Here's a good piece from Pilger:

http://johnpilger.com/articles/this-week-the-issue-is-not-trump-it-is-ourselves-

• 2 weeks later...

With the brave lassie prosecutor in South Korea indicting top government officials, it reminded me of generalisations.

Having lived in Hong Kong for six years, my lasting impression of Chinese authority was one of suspicion. Mine towards them. Theirs towards every cunt. The Asian rulers are suppressors who despise individual expression as it threatens their corruptly-held power. I was lucky enough to see Ai Weiwei's exhibition at the RA late 2015, a powerful indictment of the inhumanity of the Chinese ruling class.

Islam targets women rather than artists. Muslim men suppress the fairer sex for reasons we could speculate on but exercising generality, it's pretty obvious why they do even if politically incorrect to say so.

When power is acquired and exercised inhumanely, it's always a matter of time before the cracks start to show. In the Muslim world of course, cracks (and tits) are definitely not for show.

Seems as good a place as any to post this article :

https://antidotezine.com/2017/01/22/trump-knows-you/

Great find manc.

On the ethics, I have no problem with the work of Cambridge Analytica. Specific target marketing isn't new. It's the methods that have changed and why wouldn't they?

The bigger issue is the population, too lazy to inform themselves and too thick to understand and who are vulnerable to buying whatever they're told to buy. Very clever stuff on one hand but sinister on another. Have the population been dumbed down deliberately? The evidence would appear to say yes.

Great find manc.

On the ethics, I have no problem with the work of Cambridge Analytica. Specific target marketing isn't new. It's the methods that have changed and why wouldn't they?

The bigger issue is the population, too lazy to inform themselves and too thick to understand and who are vulnerable to buying whatever they're told to buy. Very clever stuff on one hand but sinister on another. Have the population been dumbed down deliberately? The evidence would appear to say yes.

The problem is not targeted marketing per se, but how it is used and by who.  Traditional advertising is regulated to avoid falsehoods, exaggerations and exploitation of vulnerable audiences (eg. children).  Social media combined with big data analysis allows for deliberately seeking out vulnerable target audiences and then feeding them any "alternative facts" you like to influence their views and, most importantly, is completely unregulated.

This is abhorrent enough when the marketer is a corporation trying to sell a commercial product, but is becomes truly worrying when the marketer is not trying to sell toothpaste or an iphone, but is instead aiming to influence political, cultural and social opinion for their own gain - this is manipulation of the lowest form.

And just a minor point as an example from which you can draw your own conclusions - Steve Bannon is a board member of Cambridge Analytica.  If a government interrogating your data to feed you lies that play on your worst fears and steer your reactions would be (rightly) viewed as fascist, authoritarian and reprehensible, what about individual politicians now seated on the US National Security Council?.

You make some great points Ox, indisputable ones. I concede these.

I still think the dumbed down society is the bigger issue, as I said. Without going into social engineering agendas which may or may not involve agriculture and the food chain, education, the media and the pharmas, it's a sad day when the "vulnerable" amongst us aren't just children these days. Even if the use of big data was regulated, there's no way we can identify adults for being excluded or exempt based on their social awareness or intellectual capacity. Well, we can of course use data to identify precisely this; it's just that we can't regulate to exclude or exempt them.

Whilst it was inevitable that big data would be used in targeted marketing, it is indeed scary that yet further lines are being blurred between intelligence (data) gatherers and government but hasn't it always been thus? Isn't this just big business and politicians being in bed together, a highly unethical situation that has been encouraged and fostered over the last few decades, to the point where whistle-blowing is frowned upon, Snowden has to flee for his life, Assange gets effectively imprisoned and we're in a "post-truth" age? Vietnam was about losing Helicopters, Cheney et al were feeding at the hands of the Bush's.. actually, scrap that, Halliburton were dictating US foreign policies, bankers the world over control the markets and the public purse is usurped by the ruling classes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

George Osbourne has earned £800,000 since leaving office for doing speeches to banks. He is now set to earn £650,000 for 48 days p.a. advising US fund manager Blackrock.

He joins his former chief of staff, Rupert Harrison, who is a senior strategist there.

Former foreign secretary William Hague joined Citigroup as an adviser earlier this year.

Former prime minister Gordon Brown sits on the global advisory board at investment manager Pimco.

His predecessor Tony Blair joined JP Morgan in 2008 shortly after leaving office.

There are numerous other examples proving the nexus between politicians and the financial services industry.

The money they earned in politics was nothing compared to what they get from the bankers. Where are the investigative journalists when you need them? It's not difficult to see the collaborative efforts that steal from the public purse. And if it's this easy to see, it shouldn't be very difficult to prove.

It's the will to investigate that's missing. The media are complicit and the turkeys involved aren't going to vote for Xmas by cooperating with honesty and integrity.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/24/no-one-wants-talk-scandal-dogging-comic-relief-done/

No one wants to discuss the scandal dogging Comic Relief, but it has to be done. As Labour MP David Lammy writes in The Guardian on 24 March:

A 5% rise in developing countries’ share of world exports would generate $350bn – seven times as much as they receive in aid

He adds that:

profit-shifting by multinational companies costs developing nations $100bn a year that they could spend on education, infrastructure and public services.

Instead of treating developing countries as charity cases, Lammy argues that we could solve the problem structurally.

Profit-shifting or ‘transfer pricing’ is trade between two financial entities that are part of the same multinational group. Corporations then manipulate internal payments in order to avoid paying tax. This exploitation is rife from Western multinationals in Africa.

The MP for Tottenham advocates allowing local companies and public bodies to gain control of their own resources:

we silently acquiesce to global corporations’ asset-stripping of poorer nations.

Neo-colonialism

Historical context will unfortunately be absent from Comic Relief. Colonialism saw the West plunder and enslave Latin America, Asia and Africa. This global system of subjugation and wealth extraction was a driving force of Western development.

Today, the wealth largely accumulated through colonialism perpetuates such practices. Africa loses an estimated £40bn a year in illegal outflows and price manipulation.

But neo-colonialism goes beyond this. John Perkins, a former renowned member of the international banking community, told Democracy Now:

Basically what we were trained to do and what our job is to do is to build up the American empire. To bring – to create situations where as many resources as possible flow into this country, to our corporations, and our government, and in fact we’ve been very successful. We’ve built the largest empire in the history of the world. It’s been done over the last 50 years since World War II with very little military might, actually. It’s only in rare instances like Iraq where the military comes in as a last resort.

According to Perkins, world leaders that do not accept Western ‘free market’ capitalism, loans from the World Bank, and privatised infrastructure are all subject to military force. They must sell off their economies to Western corporations or face the “jackals” (CIA-sanctioned armed opposition), as Perkins says. Failing that, the US military goes in.

But we do not have to rely on Perkins. A parliamentary report on the 2011 military intervention in Libya, released in September 2016, shows that a desire for Libyan oil was one of the main motives. The inquiry found that humanitarianism was merely a pretext for invasion. And The Canary‘s Steve Topple has noted that the conflict in Syria today is largely a battle for natural resources between Russia and the West.

“He who feeds you, controls you”

Without such military and economic behaviour from the world’s most powerful people, developing nations could flourish.

Of course, aid can help within the present context. But some Africans remain opposed. As pan-African Marxist Thomas Sankara once said:

He who feeds you, controls you.

From 1983, Sankara was President of Burkina Faso. The Guardian‘s David Smith wrote:

During his four-year rule, school attendance leaped from 6% to 22%, some 2.5 million children were vaccinated and thousands of health centres opened. Housing, road and railway building projects got under way and 10 million trees were planted.

Sankara opposed foreign aid, along with the financial assistance of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank. And by the end of his four-year premiership, Burkina Faso was “practically self-sufficient in its demand for basic foodstuffs”, wrote Peter Dorrie for Think Africa Press. Sankara was assassinated on 15 October, 1987.

If Western corporations stopped administering predatory loans to developing countries, privatising their infrastructure, and avoiding tax in the process, they wouldn’t need our aid. At present, corporations are impoverishing developing nations for profit. Then, the corporations issue a portion back as ‘charity’. The procedure obscures any talk of institutional inequality with an atmosphere of gratitude. Charity helps to frame society so that developing countries are indebted and the rich aren’t, even though the latter actually depend on working people for their privilege.

Meanwhile, the working Western public picks up the rest of the pieces through donation drives. Lammy is right to emphasise the structural problems; because they are what we need to fix in order to achieve lasting relief.