🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tennis

manc_don

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Since the demise of Andy Murray I have lost my interest in all things tennis.

Don't think he has the desire to make a comeback and reach the dizzy heights of a top ten tennis player again, much like Novak Djokovic.

It's a shame loved watching these two in action.

Since the demise of Andy Murray I have lost my interest in all things tennis.

Don't think he has the desire to make a comeback and reach the dizzy heights of a top ten tennis player again, much like Novak Djokovic.

It's a shame loved watching these two in action.

I actually think Murray is going to come flying back, and sooner rather later. Still a grand slam or two left in him.

I actually think Murray is going to come flying back, and sooner rather later. Still a grand slam or two left in him.

Really hope you are right but since becoming a dad and having these millions in the bank is the motivation still there for the training involved for top tennis. I have my doubts.

He's had millions for a number of years now. I don't think it'll have an impact on his decision making. Becoming a dad might though, yer right. Or he might just feel that he can't get back to the top and doesn't want to fail. I'm with Kowalski though, I think he might surprise folks with a good comeback.

Murray will be back and I think he'll be right in the mix for slams. I'm not going to say he'll definitely win any but why not? Djokovic and Nadal are Murray's age and have their own injury problems. Federer must be aboot 45 so can't have long left so why can't Murray be there or thereabouts? Even if he gets to 95% of what he was he could win slams.

I know hindsight is clear but ffs sake he should have taken the hip surgery straight after Wimbledon. I really hope he goes deep into the two slams he's aiming for this year. Especially at Flushing Meadows as I plan to be there.

I've hardly watched any tennis either since Murray's been oot. I've really missed it. I've tried watching some but it's nae the same with Andy not in the mix.

Have to say i've lost a bit of interest but I think that's largely due to moving.  Not sure if Andy will make it back to being anywhere near as competitive as he was before, but who knows. Having a kid has definitely took his eye off the ball which is more than fair enough.

Good to see Del Potro finally living up to his potential in beating FedEx in the Indian Wells masters to win his first master title. Always liked him and seems like a decent guy .

Naomi Osaka wins her first title in the womens too.

• 2 weeks later...

That was DelPo's first masters title?!  :o Pretty sure the cunt's been in and around the business end of slams in the past. I know he's suffered with a dodgy wrist but still.

Haven’t we all?  ;)

Del Potro one of my favourite players. Seems to be a great lad.

But Murray got to world number 1 after having his kid?

Sorry I missed this. Yes he did, but his game fell apart not long after his second did it not or have I got confused? Either way,  2017 was a complete disaster for him. Hopefully he’ll come back better for his break.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to hear Murray speaking from the commentators box but please get rid of Henman. Andy must be fed up getting stupid questions fired at him from a former tennis play who won nothing in the game but is idolised by the English Tennis media.

I wrote the below two messages on our Facebook page regarding Jamie Murray and Victoria Azarenka's second round and quarter-final matches.

"Just been sat watching Jamie Murray and Victoria Azarenka in Wimbledon Mixed Doubles. They were getting beat 7-6 (8-6), 6-7 (6-8), 1-5 with two match points to save. Then the above started portraying said will to win I demand from 'Vika', Ronnie O'Sullivan, Aberdeen Football Club literally everybody when down and out.

Come 9.40pm under Centre Court floodlights they'd reeled off six straight games prevailing 7-6 (8-6), 6-7 (6-8), 7-5!!! Next yours truly showed such great emotion as tears strolled past my right cheek for a few minutes afterwards. This fabulous reaction is why I love being me because one a bit like our favourite female tennis player does leave everything out on said court yet wouldn't change anything for anybody. Take us how we are or not at all people."

"Well I never expected that response from me!!

Missed Vika and Jamie Murray's second set in Mixed Doubles Quarter-Final at Wimbledon looking for my lost wallet (now found) and left said game with them being down 4-6, 0-0 best of three. Came home and we were into the final few games score reading 4-6, 7-5, 4-4. They battled so hard taking match 4-6, 7-5, 7-5 to defeat their third seeded opponent having never played beside each other before. When referee called result one let out this almighty;

"GET IN THERE!!"

Tears streamed over our right cheek nearly five minutes long. Not sure where above reaction resided. They're what tennis refer to as a 'scratch pair' but even if yours truly don't win title Sunday evening I'm totally loving Azarenka's passion during end celebration these past four matches. Given her ongoing custody battle regarding one's son Leo she does deserve every success like. Couldn't have envisaged watching them reach Semi's though!!!

An amazing woman who has some 'winning mentality' quality which Lee obviously really shall feed off until retirement."

• 1 month later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Nothing wrong with being a sore loser, no one should like getting gubbed but these folk that cannot lose with a bit of class and dignity bug me. Shake the guy's hand, say well played then move on.

Dinna rub someone's face in it when you win and dinna behave like a fanny when you lose.

• 3 weeks later...

'You owe me an apology' she says after denying she had been coached from the sidelines.Her coach later admitted he had been coaching. Wonder if she thinks she owes the Umpire an apology...

Serena owes the umpire, fans and her opponent all an apology after that.