Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

Big Al, Level 42 are my favourite band!!!!  Had a two and a bit year email relationship with their guitarist Boon Gould after I bought his Reno Les Paul Hoyer in 2001. So sad he passed away unexpectedly in late April.  Only 64 if memory serve me right.  Miss him so much.

Been years and years since I saw them live, but have got tickets for late 2020 at The Royal Concert Hall. Going to be supported by Hipsway who have reformed and released new material earlier this year, thirty years after their last release

Skip to 1.10 if you want to head straight for the song.

If he has no friends and everything's against him

If he's failed in everything he has tried

Try to lift his load and help him bear his burden

Let him know that you are walking by his side

If he feels that all is lost and he has fallen

Help to place this poor man's feet on solid ground

And when this world has turned its back against him

Always lift him up and never knock him down

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fully appreciate that a lot of you won't even give this a listen, and I am in no way a " Fan " of his, but this was pretty good, and probably hit home because of my own Fathers illness, I thought it was relatable and glad I listened to it.

" I'm not your son, you're not my father

We're just two grown men saying goodbye

No need to forgive, no need to forget

I know your mistakes and you know mine "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mate was at that gig and is a huge fan. He introduced Bonamassa to me a few years ago but alas I am thoroughly unimpressed. Yes he's a good technician but I don't hear any beauty neither in his guitar and especially not in his voice.

Are your mates initials SF? Out of curiosity.

And it's different strokes for different folks rocket, I was genuinely impressed, voice & technical ability.

Always looking to broaden my Musical Horizon, but I really struggle, and I mean really struggle, to enjoy anything modern and in the charts, always the lesser known Musicians I find myself enjoying, the likes of White Buffalo, The Fumes and now Bonamassa, if you can recommend anything ( Blues/Folk/Acoustic ) I'd be sure to give it a listen.

Are your mates initials SF? Out of curiosity.

And it's different strokes for different folks rocket, I was genuinely impressed, voice & technical ability.

Always looking to broaden my Musical Horizon, but I really struggle, and I mean really struggle, to enjoy anything modern and in the charts, always the lesser known Musicians I find myself enjoying, the likes of White Buffalo, The Fumes and now Bonamassa, if you can recommend anything ( Blues/Folk/Acoustic ) I'd be sure to give it a listen.

No, he's HM, a Scot living south of London.

Absolutely different strokes. He loves him. I don't. But he did introduce me to Fleetwood Mac, a band I never cared for until he insisted I listened to some lesser known tracks.

Will come back to you with some great music I'd not heard before this week, including some stuff recorded before I was born, introduced to me by our 18 year old. I knew she loved music but didn't appreciate how deep her knowledge is and how broad her tastes are.

I am Fleetwood Mac daft rocket! In my top 3 of all time ( Springsteen, Eagles & Fleetwood Mac ) " Sara " & " Storms " are 2 gems as well. Funny thing is, I fucking detest that She-Devil Stevie Nicks, loathe her. Buckingham for me, is the brain behind all of their success, she writes good lyrics, I won't dispute that, it's her fucking petulant behavior towards Buckingham that I can't tolerate, not that she gives a fuck  :rofl:

I will give the others a listen tomorrow  :thumbsup: