Kowalski

These are the opening lyrics to Chequeless Reckless;

A sell-out is someone who becomes a hypocrite in the name of money

An idiot is someone who lets their education do all of their thinking

A phony is someone who demands respect for the principles they effect

A dilettante is someone who can't tell the difference between fashion and style

Charisma is exquisite manipulation

And money is a sandpit of the soul

That should guarantee that the majority won't be interested. My fav Fontaine's D.C. track currently.

I asked the girl in HMV on Union Street when up for Chikhura Sachkhere tie if she could suggest an album that might relate to thinking I may need new friends because we feel pretty invisible to those one has currently.  Gave me 'Friends' by The White Lies.  This track our favourite by said country mile as reminds us of a very special female pal who up until last October had not spoken or seen yours truly for one week shy of two years. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Seeker Lover Keeper' are said trio of Australian ladies called Sarah Blasko, Sally Seltmann, Holly Throsby who all have a more than successful solo career.  This is off recently released second album eight years after debut effort.  Given material some quick listen and I'm so chuffed we've invested.  They've seriously upped their game.  Blasko's individual stuff will always be my favourite though.

Big Al, Level 42 are my favourite band!!!!  Had a two and a bit year email relationship with their guitarist Boon Gould after I bought his Reno Les Paul Hoyer in 2001. So sad he passed away unexpectedly in late April.  Only 64 if memory serve me right.  Miss him so much. 

• 2 weeks later...

With then announcement tonight about the American link, it made me think of my favourite podcast, " the offensive" about a fake premiership team and the back room wheeling and dealing. David tennant plays the Scottish director of football brilliantly. the language is colourful and some of the player/club slatings are immense.

Well worth a listen.

As I spend a lot of time in my car during the week, what other podcast gems do you have?

• 3 weeks later...