Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

But it wasn't.

Your enthusiasm is admirable but there are reasons why it didn't touch us.

For me, it's too "tinny".

I'm sure they did a better track or two than that shit.

Sorry. Hated it.

Forget About You

Airport

Dancing The Night Away

They were a pub rock/pop  band and the "tinny" sound was deliberate

Anyway, bit like the marmite  ;)

At school in Aberdeen in the mid 70's, there was a Led Zeppelin v. Deep Purple division. I was the head of the Led Zep faction. Still the greatest band of all time for me. Explore their whole catalogue young man. It's stunning. Might take a few listens to catch the vibe for some of their albums but for me, there's been nothing close in terms of a whole library's worth of work.

At school in Aberdeen in the mid 70's, there was a Led Zeppelin v. Deep Purple division. I was the head of the Led Zep faction. Still the greatest band of all time for me. Explore their whole catalogue young man. It's stunning. Might take a few listens to catch the vibe for some of their albums but for me, there's been nothing close in terms of a whole library's worth of work.

I definitely will, had obviously heard a couple of their most popular songs but I stumbled across that one and it's hooked me right in, youtube/spotify tend to always take you on to 'Ramble On' aswell which is another fantastic song.

Ramble On was from Led Zep II. That first track you put up was from Led Zep I, released in 1969 if I recall right. I recommend you go through them chronologically. Physical Graffiti was the first album I bought on the day it came out. I was already hooked by then. Very difficult to describe a fav album as I love them all equally. Even though Led Zep IV (Zofo) had the "smash hit" Stairway to Heaven (which was too omnipresent), there are some awesome tracks on that album too.

Led Zeppelin, a band I'd never fucked with until a few weeks back, addicted to this one tune in particular with the lyrics working their way in to my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFj0rxyNCtc

Great tune.Played that song to death as a budding drummer (via the Sony Walkman),...while trying to replicate John Bonhams bass drum triplets(@0.30).Never quite mastered it

A one off band  :thumbsup:

Another great tune, from a pretty poor album,Coda

Darlene