Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

Just finished reading Ewan McGregor & Charlie Boorman's Long Way Down and getting the itch for a motorbike as my next purchase instead of a new car - I'm sure it'll pass when the winter draws in!

Also picked up the classic Nineteen Eighty Four in the bargain bin, something I've not read in years.

• 1 month later...

I'll be interested to hear what its like.  I've been told his "The Audacity of Hope" book is extremely well written.

Just finishing Terry Pratchett "Making Money" at the moment.

Forgot about this Kowalski.... just like Mr Obama's book.

Just didn't rate it at all, and gave up about 150 pages into it, and punted it on Amazon ;)

Funny you should bring this thread back from the dead.  Was just about to resurrect it myself.

I read Screwed over the course of last week.  It's about a prison warden who gives you an insight how the prison system works and tells a few funny tales along the way.  Wasn't anything amazing, shoved in a few hours commute and reminded me very much of reading 'Bloody Casuals'.  Easy to read though and reminds you, if you ever needed it, how over-PC it's became in the UK.

As always, if you want the book, PM me your address.

I've just finished Ghost by Robert Harris. As usual he doesn't disappoint. 

If you want 40 pizzas and 10 taxis at 3am PM your address.

I've had that for a month or two and keep picking it but never get down to reading it properly, was going to leave it as just got a few books aff my dad for my last christmas ;D, in among them was Graeme Obree's autobiography that I thought I might give a go first.

Have you read MacBride's "Flesh House"? It is verging on horror rather than police procedural.

Not yet, those were the first 2 I'd read.

I need to get away from police procedural I guess, Mark Billingham, Stuart McBride, Michael Connolly, Simon Kernick, Ian Rankin and Peter James are all I've been reading though there's a new, non-Discworld Terry Pratchett out I will get.

Just finished 2 Stuart McBride books, Dying Light and Broken Skin, both excellent reads.

Currently reading Mark Billingham - Scaredy Cat.

Read a Dean Koontz book a few weeks back, god it was shit.

All the Mark Billingham ones are good, although they do become a little predictable after the first three or so